Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125562 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4470 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:51 am »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:02 am »

Spoiler: NO MORE RUNNING (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: July 29, 2015, 11:17:56 am »

Spoiler: Is this real life? (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: July 29, 2015, 03:18:19 pm »

Team B.
"Hmm... And what is that?"
Check mannequin for abnormalities. From a distance.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: July 29, 2015, 03:28:52 pm »

<Don't think we're followed. Let's regroup.>

Attempt to regroupify. Still head away from the centurions and towards where we are supposed to go.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:13:03 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:33 pm »

((Huh, I was intending for Alan's singing to be a distraction so the other team could sneak off easier, but it turned out all good anyway!))

<Let's! But we should keep heading away from those dudes and towards ... where were we headed again?>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: July 29, 2015, 04:50:34 pm »

Team A

"That's a problem."
<I'm going to try to push it away.>
Use telekinesis to push the thing away. Keep trying to figure out more about its mind.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: July 30, 2015, 12:30:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC stuff (click to show/hide)

Theri smiled at how River droned off into unconsciousness and walked over to pat him on the shoulder as he slept, taking the time to ponder over his words. In a way, she could really understand where he's coming from, and in another way, she wondered if she could help him understand a lot more.

"Your promise is all there is fulfilled. And its being my friend. Thanks River. ...Although I still wonder why I was whisked away to this world while I was busy with whatever I was doing back there."

She made sure to add the latter part with sarcastic confusion. In all reason, she did care about being swept away, but she put aside that thought just as casual musing--she'd do the best she can here, and worrying about how long she'd have been gone would come afterwards.

"But that promise..."
Who did you make it to? It's already fulfilled with me. I am safe if others around me are safe. If I can teach them to be safe. If they teach me to be safe. I can be safe in the face of danger. I can be unhurt despite being wounded.

You're interesting River. I won't ever leave.
...Not helping that I didn't leave in the first place but that's me just being silly. Oh hello thoughts!

Theri rolled her eyes at her own silliness, glad that nobody else would be present to judge her but herself. Maybe that was the best that could occur--her own thoughts were at peace with her despite how silly she could ever be. She wondered why others didn't feel the same when interacting with others.

She wondered why she kept repeating a word many times over, and thus decided to explore this place instead, lest her thoughts turn to loquacious musing and dry humor.

This place wasn't made by him though...so I wonder where or what this place is?

Thoroughly inspect this place for any semblance of an identity that I can get about this area or location, or anyone who visited/lived here.
Also examine River's fur. Is it soft or is it rough?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4478 on: July 30, 2015, 07:24:47 am »

((All rolls this turn were <=4, most being 1s and 2s))

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
Team B.
"Hmm... And what is that?"
Check mannequin for abnormalities. From a distance.
Oh dear. That thing is certainly not normal. What is this hellish thing? It should not exist on this earth. It is an abomination that should be put to the sword, burned and destroyed immediately. These things went out of style decades ago. I mean frills? Really? Not to mention the general tastelessness and bad design of the thing.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"... okay, that's it. No more lack of movement. Point me!"

Be pointed in a direction, then charge in that direction and punch through any walls and doors in my path.
Uhhh... I see no pointing... Wanna go use the stairs to go up a level instead?

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Team A

"That's a problem."
<I'm going to try to push it away.>
Use telekinesis to push the thing away. Keep trying to figure out more about its mind.
Figuring out about is mind will probably be impossible. It remains a void to your ability and no amount of psychic energy you send its way seems capable of changing that. Furthermore, it seems to be emitting no psychic energy of its own, nothing you can pick up. Instead it looks like it's absorbing the psychic energy of others, the area it occupies being completely devoid of the energy of your teammates.

Even influencing its mind would be hard, assuming your psychic influence can even reach it. Your skill relies at least partly on feedback. You influencing the mind of someone and from its reaction readjusting your approach as you figure out more about how their mind works, how it reacts to stimuli. It's like pushing the buttons of a machine to figure out what they do and how to use them to do what you want, only now you can see neither the machine nor the buttons. Even if your psychic energy reaches that being's mind, it will be impossible to gauge its reactions to it or use it to do something complex.

But of course.

If I still have bulets in my pistol, shot the thing. In its eyes. If not, then reload and shoot it. In its eyes.
Svajoklis' flash-light fails, once more plunging the room in darkness, but not in silence. The officer screams. There are gunshots, the burning gunpowder briefly illuminating the room, burning images into the team's eyes, while the bangs drown out all other noise. The team catches glimpses of claws slashing a torso, beak striking an eye, blood and bits of flesh sent flying.

By the time Bryan manages to concentrate enough to use his ability, the screaming has stopped and the psychic void that is the creatures has started spreading out once more like a cloud, his telekinetic shove not affecting it very much. It starts moving back towards the ceiling and towards their direction. There's only silence.

A few moments later your flash-lights flicker on, providing weak illumination, barely enough to reach one of the walls of the room. Where the injured officer was standing, now there's only a pool of blood and a few pieces of flesh. A quick inspection of nearby furniture shows that Svajoklis' aim was off. None of the three shots were even close to the target. He has now expended all ammo in his pistol.

Staging Area

Quote from: Megggas
<character>
You wake up.

You're laying face first on something hard, cold and smooth. Feels like your face should be bruised from sleeping on something like that, but it isn't.
It's not very dark, but it's not very bright either. What it is, is very damp. Too much humidity.
You can hear large amounts of water falling somewhere nearby. The area you are in is distorting the sound, creating quiet echoes.

Ugh...huh?  Where am I now?

George sighs as he stands up, looking around at his surroundings.

Well....of course.  Shame on me for thinking I could just take a nice nap without being disturbed.  What was I thinking?  No, no, don't worry about me, mister scientists, I love waking up in random places with my face to the ground.  It's like high school all over again.  Now I just have to wait for the constant prodding and sharp instruments and then the experience will be complete.

"Uh...Hello?  Anybody here?  This is some kind of experiment, right?"

Look around. Try to figure out where I am.
You raise your head and look around. Looks like you were laying with your face on a smooth rock surface.

Looking around, you see more rock, although less smooth and more jagged and natural-looking. Looks like some sort of natural cave, not very large but not very small either. It's much like a long yet wide corridor, with a narrower section separating it into two "rooms", with you being in the room closest to the entrance.

The entrance of the cave (just large enough to comfortably fit one person) sits behind a waterfall, the particles that escape from it creating small puddles in front of it, with ripples crossing their surface with each water drop added. Beyond the waterfall, you can barely make out reflections in a small stream, foam and grey rocks.

On the other room you can see a desk with a strange machine extending from it, like a mix of a personal computer, a multi-limbed clawed robot and a multi-pipette, with a few glass tubes sticking out for good measure.

<Right. An experiment of some kind.> you hear a voice responding from nowhere in particular.
You'd say it would be like it was coming from headphones if it wasn't for its high quality and the lack of interference from the sound of the waterfall.
<You could say that. And you wouldn't be wrong.>
She sounds like she's trying to remain serious but can't really keep herself from smiling, can't stop the bit of excitement from slipping into her voice.

Final Round

Spoiler: Beep beep boop (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Is this real life? (click to show/hide)
You both move simultaneously, John assembling and firing his explosive towards Ron's palm while Ron fires his firebolt straight at John. The result is a large fiery explosion between them as the two projectiles collide.

Ron is having none of that. Out of ammo and with his opponent attempting to run away, he picks up a giant piece of concrete nearby (while hobbling on one leg, no less) and throws it towards John at incredible speeds. His aim is off, but the tremor the piece of concrete causes as it hits the ground is enough to cause John to lose his footing and fall. The resulting concrete shrapnel proceed to pelt a nearby building like pellets from a giant shotgun blast and cause its façade to crumble.

Spoiler: NO MORE RUNNING (click to show/hide)

Saevus tries to use his giant warhammer to smash Rune. He misses completely.
Rune tries to dodge but only ends up somehow getting stuck inside a hole in the ground.
Quality.

Campaign

((Yay, made it in my last few hours! Last-second triggered action: if we end up going near the river of fire or another flame source, I'm going to want to take it with me.))
continue previous action
Campaign, Ike!

To entire team if possible: <Ike to whoever can hear, we seem to be clear of the Imperial Guard for now. Maybe a scout might be following us, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.>

See if I can rendezvous with the others some way down the road. Shouldn't be too hard to find, considering Alan's singing.

And if not, find a quieter spot to stop for a bit and listen to the sounds in the air for a few minutes, check if anyone's walking around here.

<Don't think we're followed. Let's regroup.>

Attempt to regroupify. Still head away from the centurions and towards where we are supposed to go.
With a bit of shouting, comm-wire directions and the help of Ike's enhanced senses, your two groups manage to regroup with nothing horrible happening to you. Where are you headed next? Going to meet up with River or is there anywhere else you wish to go? Maybe some part of the city you'd like to explore?

Spoiler: OOC stuff (click to show/hide)

Theri smiled at how River droned off into unconsciousness and walked over to pat him on the shoulder as he slept, taking the time to ponder over his words. In a way, she could really understand where he's coming from, and in another way, she wondered if she could help him understand a lot more.

"Your promise is all there is fulfilled. And its being my friend. Thanks River. ...Although I still wonder why I was whisked away to this world while I was busy with whatever I was doing back there."

She made sure to add the latter part with sarcastic confusion. In all reason, she did care about being swept away, but she put aside that thought just as casual musing--she'd do the best she can here, and worrying about how long she'd have been gone would come afterwards.

"But that promise..."
Who did you make it to? It's already fulfilled with me. I am safe if others around me are safe. If I can teach them to be safe. If they teach me to be safe. I can be safe in the face of danger. I can be unhurt despite being wounded.

You're interesting River. I won't ever leave.
...Not helping that I didn't leave in the first place but that's me just being silly. Oh hello thoughts!

Theri rolled her eyes at her own silliness, glad that nobody else would be present to judge her but herself. Maybe that was the best that could occur--her own thoughts were at peace with her despite how silly she could ever be. She wondered why others didn't feel the same when interacting with others.

She wondered why she kept repeating a word many times over, and thus decided to explore this place instead, lest her thoughts turn to loquacious musing and dry humor.

This place wasn't made by him though...so I wonder where or what this place is?

Thoroughly inspect this place for any semblance of an identity that I can get about this area or location, or anyone who visited/lived here.
Also examine River's fur. Is it soft or is it rough?

A quick inspection of the place shows it must have stopped working some time ago. The storage areas below are empty and have began accumulating a thin coating of dust. There is no food or drink in the drawers, boxes and barrels. Only thing you find are a few chips of plant fibre, too brown and dry for you to tell what they originally belonged to. There's also a few eating utensils and broken glasses inside the empty storage areas. Were they forgotten there or did they fell as whoever was emptying this place left in a hurry? Yet there are sings that people have returned here recently, searching the place. There's marks of footsteps in the dust, marks that couldn't had been left by you or River (not the right shape and size). And spots with no dust that show that something was removed, probably boxes or chairs.

You slowly remove the improvised lock River has put on the door and carefully open it as quietly as you can. It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust to the bright light outside. The area outside looks clear. Abandoned. You open the door a bit further and take a few steps on the hot and dry earth. The sun has began to set, moving closer towards the western edge of the sky. There's a cool gentle wind blowing from the east. It helps make the heat more bearable, but it gives the area around you a haunted feeling, the air creating strange, life-like sounds as it passes through the empty buildings.

You take a look around, quietly and carefully moving through the buildings. It seems like the building you were in is part of a small group of buildings of similar construction, mostly stone but also wood. There must be about a couple of dozen of them. Most of them look like small and simple houses. Few windows, a fireplace with a hole above it and that's it. A few have a bed or some form of storage, but not much else. Many of the buildings around you have pieces of them missing. It doesn't look like they were damaged, there are no debris around, it looks more as if those pieces were taken.

The cluster of building exists beyond the edge of an empty moat made out of stone blocks, like a giant artificial river bed or swimming pool, beyond which is a truly gigantic wall. The fortification appears to have been damaged slightly, since it has cracked in places and some stone blocks have fallen off of it. But it (or at least the section of it you can see) still looks very strong. Beyond the wall, somewhere far away, you can just make out the tip of a volcano, a rocky mountain with a bit smoke coming out of its top, smoke that is filling the sky with a thin layer of smog. There is a river of glowing lava coming out of it and rolling down. You can't see exactly where it goes from there because the wall is in the way.

On the opposite side of the wall, towards the east, some great distance away are two very different camps on opposite sides of a road.

One of them is larger but it looks still, devoid of activity. It appears to have been cobbled together from various materials, mostly stone, wood, tarp and pieces of dead shrubs. It also appears to have suffered from fire damage.

The other is smaller but in pristine condition, made out of brown tents matching the colour of the dirt on the ground. There are a few shiny bronze-coloured humanoid shapes around it. They are too far away to make out any details at this distance.

As for River, from what you remember, his fur is a bit soft and silky, not too much. Maybe equal to or a bit rougher than a sheep's hide, you'd say, but still pleasant to the touch. What you'd normally expect from a well groomed and healthy dog. However a visual inspection accompanied by gentle rubbing of the fur close to his neck (which causes him to smile and twist his head in his sleep) shows that his fur is not as shiny or as soft as it used to be. Isn't that usually a sign that an animal is sick or not eating properly, usually not enough meat when carnivores are concerned? Then again River is at least partly a magical creature, so it's not certain if the same applies to him.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:22:42 am by Parisbre56 »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: July 30, 2015, 07:29:49 am »

"What is that mannequin thing?"
Magnetize the door to the outside of the room, then Shoulder ram.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: July 30, 2015, 07:35:01 am »

Spoiler: Stop! Hammertime. (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: July 30, 2015, 08:08:30 am »

Spoiler: Let's break everything (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: July 30, 2015, 08:21:43 am »

Spoiler: Fun (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: July 30, 2015, 08:35:26 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Right, all in favor of finding River? His mood might have improved by now.>

Unless there is significant dissent, look for our good friend River.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: July 30, 2015, 09:18:13 am »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 521