Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126176 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4410 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:10 pm »

Final Round

Spoiler: Hm. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: can I keep one? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Remain an introverted cannibal listening from afar.

You regain an incognito Hannibal listening from a jar.

I wait where I am, gently flexing my fingers, hands, and arms to see how much control, motion, and feeling I have from them.
Feeling is not a very big problem, you can feel them almost as well as you remember. And motion is mostly OK, it doesn't feel like any motion has become any harder than usual. Control however is hard, mostly because you have to expend a lot of effort to make even simple motions. Furthermore, each motion feels slightly... unpredictable, like trying to move a rusty unoiled piece of a machine, like sometimes you put too little effort into moving something, then suddenly that effort becomes too much for a moment and then it becomes too little again.

You feel slightly better than before, like maybe you could remain standing for maybe a minute if you were in fox form, but not much better. And you could perhaps perform some simple tasks with your hands given some time or effort, like picking something up and putting it somewhere else.

Campaign, Alan

"City? Tower? Those sound important, what happened to them?"

It's uncertain if he's pretending to not know that he was partially responsible for destroying them or just forgot.

"Ah good. Tell me quickly if they want ice cream though, because that's gonna melt fast.
I don't know anything about this area though, again, just woke up from supernap. And there are more of my pals near here, but they're always kinda nervous about interaction with people so they might not come out for a bit until they feel not nervous or something."

The two men look at each other again for a few seconds, Rovan raising his shoulders with a puzzled expression.
(Just spinning it a bit. Its funny because its such a puny weapon.)
"Send two men with no weapons or shields.

Alan's mostly right, we know not much about the city or tower. Just passing through. There's a few more in our group. What did happen here anyway?"

Pragmatus looks at you for some time. Yet his rigid stance does not change. It doesn't feel like he's afraid of you. It's something else.

"It's fine. I can go there." Rovan says with an almost pleading tone.
Pragmatus seems to consider this for a few seconds, slightly tilting his head.
"Hmmm." he responds.
Rovan seems to take this for acceptance, for he removes his sword and proceeds towards the two scouts, giving Alan and Nikolai a wide berth. As Rovan walks, Pragmatus starts speaking again.
"You should watch your tone. You have no authority to make demands, not from me, not here. We are the king's hand in this kingdom. I suggest you take your pet chaos sorcerer and the rest of your group and leave before I decide you are worth the time it would take to discipline you."

@Tiruin: Got to sleep now, I will do your action tomorrow.

OOC
(Never mind, not leaving. I enjoy this too much. And my PS3 is practically fried :(. )
Ah, cool.
Not the PS3 part, that's unfortunate and I hope it gets resolved soon. I remember when my PC's motherboard was fried...
The not leaving part. I'm happy I have made something people enjoy and hope I continue to do so.

(Never mind, not leaving. I enjoy this too much. And my PS3 is practically fried :(. )
((It's all about the density of entertainment. Although slow, this game is very, very, fun.))
Like I've said, I work slowly. I admire people that can work fast, but I'm not one of them. It takes some time to get some inspiration and have the turn "feel" right and I constantly forget things and need to look back into my notes.
Still glad you enjoy it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: July 21, 2015, 12:36:01 am »

Alan, Campaign

Alan raises his hands in a gesture of relaxation and serenity. Ie not pointing towards the guys, pointing upwards in the air. Possibly with thumbs up. He makes relaxing gestures as he talks anyways.

"Hey man, no need to be rude, Noklis is just nervous and all for some reason because he's that kinda guy. I'm sure he was just trying to preserve the atmosphere of chill and relaxation we have going on here, and worded his request a little unchillfully. It happens, no one's as charismatic as me, y'know.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to comply with your asking, bro, but we can't right now - some of our other friends are still working out the kinks from our nap since they didn't want blankets for some reason. We should be outta your hair in a few hours or so, but until then why don't we just chill where we are, you guys can do your thing, whatever it is, and we can all leave relaxed and chill, huh? Sound good? Sounds good to me."

"But no seriously what happened to the city and tower? I remember being in a citylike thing at one point, but that was a while ago so I dunno if it's the one you're talking about. It was all red and stuff."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: July 21, 2015, 02:34:13 am »

I slowly sit down and pull my knees towards my chest with my arms. waiting and listening. my ears turned towards the sounds of the people talking.
do I hear the conversation or just voices speaking without understanding the words? Do I recognize any voices?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: July 21, 2015, 03:48:57 am »

Campaign, Ike!

To Nikolai and Alan: <Guys, don't annoy the Roman centurion. Just nod, pretend to be afraid and get the hell out of his way.>

How still is the armored detachment from the sound of it?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: July 21, 2015, 04:16:40 am »

<How could I possibly be annoying?>

Says Alan.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4415 on: July 21, 2015, 06:28:05 am »

PFP

Campaign

If Alan turns out to be the best in interacting with NPCs, I'll eat my dice.

I slowly sit down and pull my knees towards my chest with my arms. waiting and listening. my ears turned towards the sounds of the people talking.
do I hear the conversation or just voices speaking without understanding the words? Do I recognize any voices?
They're nearby and speaking loudly while everything else is quiet, so you can hear them if you focus on it. So I guess you could had heard the entire thing and understood who said what. Except for that guy grunting, because how loudly can a person grunt?

Campaign, Ike!

To Nikolai and Alan: <Guys, don't annoy the Roman centurion. Just nod, pretend to be afraid and get the hell out of his way.>

How still is the armored detachment from the sound of it?
You'd say almost perfectly still. They don't move much, they don't speak much...

Alan, Campaign

Alan raises his hands in a gesture of relaxation and serenity. Ie not pointing towards the guys, pointing upwards in the air. Possibly with thumbs up. He makes relaxing gestures as he talks anyways.

"Hey man, no need to be rude, Noklis is just nervous and all for some reason because he's that kinda guy. I'm sure he was just trying to preserve the atmosphere of chill and relaxation we have going on here, and worded his request a little unchillfully. It happens, no one's as charismatic as me, y'know.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to comply with your asking, bro, but we can't right now - some of our other friends are still working out the kinks from our nap since they didn't want blankets for some reason. We should be outta your hair in a few hours or so, but until then why don't we just chill where we are, you guys can do your thing, whatever it is, and we can all leave relaxed and chill, huh? Sound good? Sounds good to me."

"But no seriously what happened to the city and tower? I remember being in a citylike thing at one point, but that was a while ago so I dunno if it's the one you're talking about. It was all red and stuff."

"Hmmm." he grunts.
"Your speech may be strange but you speak well." he continues.
He looks behind you, at Rovan making some sort of gesture to him.
"We will make a temporary camp here while we investigate the site of the Tower. I suggest you stay away unless necessary.
I have no answers for you at the moment. The investigation into the city's destruction is still ongoing."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:29:54 am by Parisbre56 »

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: July 21, 2015, 08:20:24 am »

"One last try..."

Speed the team up. Try to find a way further into the house.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: July 21, 2015, 09:06:34 am »

"Good diplomacy, comrade!"

Nik puts away his sling now that he knows he won't have to use it and goes to join the others in the cave. Slightly dissapointed that he doesn't get fancy new shield and armour, but mostly relieved and shocked at Alan's diplomacy skills.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:11:58 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: July 21, 2015, 09:19:33 am »

Team B

"I'm going to increase the power once more, so speak now or find cover and forever hold your peace!"
Unless someone objects, change the wavelength to infared, then try maximum power and take cover
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:54:29 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: July 21, 2015, 09:28:11 am »

I... I think I'll just sit here?
I mean, the others know what they're doing... right?
I'll... I'll just wait and see what happens?
I... I guess I will.
I'm just sitting here all curled up and waiting.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: July 21, 2015, 11:55:58 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:11:35 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: July 21, 2015, 12:05:43 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<That could have gone much worse. Thanks, Alan, you're a true asset. With all that, though, it might be time for us to look for a less centurion-infested locale, though.>

Could I possibly move away from here without the legion of doom noticing me?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:32 pm »

Spoiler: Uh oh. (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: July 21, 2015, 01:05:21 pm »

"Aight, peace out bro. Have a good investigation and all that jazz."

Swagger back to my companions.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:08:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: July 21, 2015, 03:44:50 pm »

"What now? WhadoIpunch?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 521