Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127806 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3885 on: April 27, 2015, 07:54:46 am »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

How does that blood flow feel? Arterial or capillary? Should be easy to tell from the pressure and amount. Furthermore, I wouldn't have happened to tear open the trachea, would I?

In any case, if I can do it before the two guys get to me and then dodge, elbow this man in the diaphragm region (to steal away his breath, you see) and perhaps take his sword if there's time. Then push him into the approaching people.

If not, just twist around and push this mook into the approaching guys.

Oh, and don't swallow the flesh+blood (I surmise) I've got in my mouth, chewing occasionally as I dodge.

There's a lot of blood. You can tell that. Doesn't feel healthy.
You hear the guard let go of his sword and punching you on the side. His hits are strong, but despite the pain you don't let go. Instead you retaliate with some hits of your own. You remain close to each other, hitting each other for a few moments, like the bloodiest boxing match ever.

When you feel you have the upper hand, you twist and elbow the man, causing him to stumble backwards. A kick and he falls down, his hands moving to his neck to apply pressure.

You swiftly grab the sword he dropped and raise it towards the direction of the newly arrived guard. He pauses just out of your range, his own sword raised.
"You barbarian bastard! You savage!" he yells at you with a horrified expression.

((Keep reading.))

that's odd, I never raised my voice in there. Kassiver was the one yelling, not me. Those guards must have really good hearing.
I lift my arms up to my neck and make sure he can't choke me or whatever. ((or try to anyway))
"I just want to be treated as a person! It's not that complicated! If you'll do your job and keep him from attacking me, then I'm willing to stop fighting! Why is that so hard? What are you accusing me of?"
If I become able to see Ike's fight, then I tug down against what inner flame the guards he is fighting have, trying to throw them off or immobilize them for him.

same triggered-actions for if Kassiver gets up.
The guard grabs you, lifts you and puts one arm around your neck.

You try to use your arms to prevent him from choking you, but they are still stuck behind your back. You try to pull them apart as hard as you can, but it feels like whatever is holding them causes pain whenever you try to pull them apart, like thousands of needless biting into your skin. Still, it feels like you managed to pull them away from each other a bit.

Ike.... Well, Ike doesn't look like he needs any help right now. I guess you could attack the third guard that is currently attacking him with harsh words.
You also notice that Kassiver is no longer where he was. You have no idea where he is though.

"Oi! Drop the sword, right now! Or the bitch gets it!" the guard that grabbed you yells at Ike, pulling his sword close to your neck.
(("The correct term is vixen."))
"You have 5 seconds."

My ankle apparently doesn't like being asleep.

Alan glances down and notices his lack of fatness. He frowns.

Aww, my ice cream reserve is gone! Dying sucks.
Hey speaking of which, what happened? I've been floating for so long in the infinite void of unconsciousness that I don't really remember how we died in the first place.

"I remember fighting through an army of zombies and tentacle monsters. Then going through a portal, then fighting more damned zombies and tentacle monsters. I think there were seven of us. We made a lot of mistakes, there was a chain reaction of fuckups, and then the portal exploded like a nuke. Boom.

At least it killed all the zombies. And tentacle monsters."

While talking, Nikolai searches those bags lying on the ground.
You slowly get up and go check the bags, being careful not to move your dislocated arm too much.
They appear to be improvised shoulder bags made out of clothes or pieces of clothing. One of them is empty. The other contains a bunch of metal wires.

The third is between River's paws and under his head. He appears to be sleeping, his eyes closed and his breathing slow, his legs occasionally twitching. But when your hand approaches the bag he growls softly, showing his teeth, although his eyes remain closed. Might be just a coincidence. He could just be having a bad dream. But you are not sure if you want to bet your one good arm on that.

You could disassemble the empty bag and use the clothing it's made of to get dressed. It's not like you need to carry anything. Although doing so with one arm flopping about uselessly would be a bit hard. And you're not so sure they are large enough to handle Alan's girth.

All right! Hey, do you know anything about fixing these limbs of ours? Otherwise we only have one option for moving around.

Alan grins. This has been a long time coming.

COUCH
You summon a single, perfectly good couch in front of you in a flash of purple light.
Wha- What happened? Only one couch? No friendly fire? No hideous couch abominations?
You look down at your missing fat.
The source of all your power!
Nooooooooooooooo!

OOC
((I'm fine with uncordinated, that makes sense to me that it would be kinda disorienting, though I would expect my physical motions to be the disorienting part more than the flame motion (it's lower priority). regarding moving it separate from my physical body, I kinda have all the omni-joints on that aspect of me. I'm just saying that I wouldn't let go, that's all. I see my roll being messed up, the attack action failing, or maybe me sending the fire places I didn't mean to. but I don't understand what forced me to let go.

letting go when I didn't want anything remotely of the kind has left me defenseless with no options. I completely used up my ability to generate flame to make what fire I had to work with. now that it's all gone, my options have become: 1) surrender, 2) bite the guard (as if that will end well, me being much smaller than him, unarmed, and half-paralyzed), 3) attempt to pull on people's inner flames, 4) shift to full-fox (can't go hybrid), 5) attempt to pull flames from god knows where around the camp, probably lanterns and such.

in short: I'm helpless because of this issue. better to have taken a hit from the guard than lose my only tool and option.))
Well, you could just use a different fire source if you wanted. The burning piece of cloth was right there. It might not be enough for an AoE attack, but you can use it for a directed attack.

But hey, if you prefer holding on to fire at all costs, then I can try to do that. It's not like it's the only bad thing that can happen when you roll low.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 27, 2015, 08:09:40 am »

((Yeah, I could burn myself...
and I'd forgotten about the bag...
that actually helps a ton, though I still... but...
heh, ok, idea time. thank you Paris.))

thanks for lifting me so close to your chest and face asshole.
"Ike don't do it! These men have no honor! Doing what they say won't stop them!"
My eyes flick around, looking for kassiver while my eyesight is still good.
and when his count hits "2" I change to full-fox form.

as soon as the change is complete, I snatch up the flames left from my transformation, from the burning cloth, from any nearby lanterns, whereever I can, I funnel it all on to the guard that *was* holding me. at the same time (and as a lower priority - abandoning this second part if I have to pick one part or another to keep active), I reach out around me and drag upwards all flames that I'm not manipulating directly. specifically aiming to catch the inner flames of the guards and a certain invisible mad mage. lowest priority - physically, I want to get some distance from the guards while keeping alert to Kassiver
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:00 am »

All right! Hey, do you know anything about fixing these limbs of ours? Otherwise we only have one option for moving around.

Alan grins. This has been a long time coming.

COUCH
"No, but I will try. This might hurt."

Relocate my arm, then help Alan on to the couch and relocate his ankle.

"Can you summon clothes, or weapons, or food, or drink?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:01 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike chews one way, then the other, then shrugs.

"Mmph," he says without opening his mouth, acknowledging the guard's flattery with a thankful smile and a nod.

Listen for anybody else moving about until Irine changes shape. Like good ol' Kassiver. Do I see him or hear him anyplace? Look thoughtful, as if I'm actually considering what the other yob is saying.

Then, once Irine does her thing, charge the guard not holding her and spit the contents of my mouth in his face while trying my best to slice open any parts of him not covered by armor.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:53:08 am by Harry Baldman »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 27, 2015, 02:04:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 27, 2015, 02:10:14 pm »

Alan downright pouts.

Well that was somewhat less spectacular than I imagined it.

"Can you summon clothes, or weapons, or food, or drink?"

Yep, yep kinda, like knives and bathtubs at high velocity and hot water heaters and stuff, yep and yep!

Assuming I'm not passed out in pain from disastrous medicine attempts, summon a large variety of chocolate and begin gorging myself. Alan deserves a reward for coming back from the dead!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 27, 2015, 02:53:59 pm »

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 27, 2015, 07:59:20 pm »

"A guy can't get a break. I assume this is not a good place to be."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3893 on: April 28, 2015, 11:06:45 am »

Trance L. Vania - Frank Klepacki

Second chance round

"The fuck is going on in here?..."
(Read spoiler title in Schwarzenegger accent for maximum effect.)
Spoiler: Let's get outa here! (click to show/hide)
"A guy can't get a break. I assume this is not a good place to be."

The white mist surrounding the lines continues to expand and get larger as the pulses of light get more frequent, until the mist suddenly expands, forming a luminous membrane that divides each section of the grid into partitions.

Anything caught in the way of the forming membranes is instantly cut. Those foolish or unaware enough to remain close to them have their bodies instantly cut by the membrane formed, some times fatally so.

The moment the partitions are formed, they are violently yet symmetrically pushed outwards, taking their contents with them. They ignore all resistance, pushing the ground hard enough to cause part of the hill to shift and collapse with an intense tremor. The white light disappears moments later, letting the flying debris expand like buckshot.

In the spherical space the lines of light once occupied, now remains a distortion, something that makes light passing through it dimmer.

Spoiler: akkudakku (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alarith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:12:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 28, 2015, 01:59:06 pm »

((Things are getting crazy. I like.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »

((Erm... I'm gonna need a map now. I have no idea what the hell just happened.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3896 on: April 28, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »

((Erm... I'm gonna need a map now. I have no idea what the hell just happened.))
Remember that white thing on the map? That thing acted like a sort of repulsion wave that tore the ground apart and launched it away, leaving a small crater and destroying much of the fortification.

Writing from phone. I can make a map later if you want?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 28, 2015, 03:52:11 pm »

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 29, 2015, 01:29:36 pm »

Spoiler: I'm hit! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:43:15 pm by akkudakku »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 29, 2015, 01:43:18 pm »

Spoiler: Ow, my splanch (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 521