Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128650 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3630 on: March 05, 2015, 11:32:01 am »

((Nonono, you misunderstood. I WANTED to turn into a spherical sea urchin. I wanted to turn into a sphere covered with spikes! :C Oh well, I'll just get to work.))
Well, it would be hard to do combat with no way to see and no way to move. Unless you just wanted to float around accumulating biomass. But hey, if that's what you want, we can do that.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 05, 2015, 11:37:52 am »

Forward to Adventure!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 05, 2015, 11:44:58 am »

"Ah hah!  Resorting to flashing me, I see.  How juvenile!"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 05, 2015, 12:10:49 pm »

"Flashbangs are a perfectly legitimate! And if you don't like it, you are perfectly welcome to wear a blindfold.

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

"Quite the idea, really!  I might have to pursue it after I rid the world of whatever your particular flavor of menace is!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 05, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »

"Nay, I shall be the one to perfect my technique once your questionable do-goodery has been removed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:54:56 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 05, 2015, 01:09:58 pm »

"Thou appearest to be tired. Shall I help thou to sleep? The eternal kind."

((EDIT: Noticed a thing.))

Bryan ducks out of Hawk's retaliatory strike, barely managing to retain his balance.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:29:09 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:58 pm »

"Rest of that kind is not an option, not for me, not for you. Not until all of this is over. Even if your offer held weight, I would turn it down."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 08, 2015, 08:06:54 am »

(Pokes Paris)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: March 08, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »

((I think he's a bit busy IRL at the moment))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 09, 2015, 06:11:51 am »

((I think he's a bit busy IRL at the moment))
((This - Paris has done really well by us for a long time, just trust him, things will be ok.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3641 on: March 09, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Things happened. I'll try to get back on schedule.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Follow massah sadly. Slowly calm down.

"That is fine, thank you."
follow to medical tent

just before the guard leaves us, I gently grab the guard's arm and tug him downwards. When he lowers his head I whisper in his ear:
"Your vibes are a very powerful tool, and you've done no harm this time, for I truly mean no ill, but your vibes don't distinguish between a mage and a powerful magical creature."
I then release him and watch to see how he reacts to this information.
You follow the guard to the camp, making your way through the small defensive perimeter around it.

The largest of the dwellings that make up the camp are all placed closely together, like people huddling together for warmth. They are made from a variety of materials: a patchwork of fabric, twigs and branches obtained from the sparse vegetation, wooden and metal debris, rocks... Few of them look like something that wasn't hastily cobbled together from whatever was at hand, few are made from a single material, few have a regular shape. Their irregular shapes and placement cause jagged and oppressively narrow pathways to form between them. There are very few smaller dwellings. Most of them are closer to the outskirts of the camp and maintain a grater distance from each other than the larger ones. The part of Irine concerned with her ability notices that most of the dwellings appear very flammable. A fire here would probably be bad news for everyone of this camp's inhabitants.

The camp is very dark, with only the occasional magical light to provide lighting and heat. And due to the way the camp is built, any light they provide is quickly obscured by a dwelling, leaving only reflections. The camp is quiet and lifeless, at least where the visible world is concerned. Your guide tries to move as quietly as possible despite his armour, trying not to break the silence. The only signs of life are the few dark shapes you can see in the dwellings, some of them turning to look at you as they hear or see you pass, the white of their eyes being the most visible part of their body. The ones close enough to a light source to be seen clearly reveal famished people, with little fat on their body, most of them with at least one injury of some sort (most commonly burn damage, with cuts and bruises coming a close second), moving slowly, looking at you with dull eyes that look right through you or eyes full of fear. Your guide's attempt to move without attractong attention is clearly not working, as you seem to be doing just that. Many of the people you see are young, but very few are children.

Ike however can smell many humans here. A very small amount compared to the population the city probably had, but still significant. And he can hear the too. The occasional snorer or a child crying or someone speaking to someone else in hushed voices.

"...can't do this anymore. I can't sleep. Not here. What if they come again? To think our city could hold such..."
"...more coming from the east. Is what they say true? What are we..."
"...so hungry." "You repeating it doesn't help." "Those bastards are hoarding..."
"...no help coming. We have no more time to gather supplies, we have to..."
"...telling you the Tower planned the detonation. They just wanted the King dead so that..."
"...what she said she saw." "Her fear is deceiving her eyes. I am certain..."
"...no excuse for tolerating them. We should get in there and slaughter them all, make an..."

After a while, when you are closer to the centre of the camp, you reach a sort of clearing, an area mostly empty save for two giant tents, two of the few that don't look like something that was cobbled together recently. Both have a pair of guards close to their entrance. They do not wear any sort of uniform and their weapons do not match, but the way they are just sitting there and the fact that they carry swords means they are probably guards.

You approach the entrance of one of the tents.
"Hey." your guide says while nodding at the guards. "Quiet night?" he asks while continuing to walk.
"Quiet enough." one of the guards responds.
"Good. That's good. Is he inside?"
"Yes. But he-"
The guards look at you very curiously as you pass between them, but they do not get up and your guide passes through them too quickly for them to manage to say anything else.

The inside of the tent is filled with people laying on pieces of fabric, most of them sleeping or trying to sleep. Most of them appear to be recovering from burns, since large parts of their bodies are covered in improvised bandages, making the most injured among them look like low budget mummies. There are others that are recovering from blunt injuries to the head or torso. There are some that you cannot discern what kind of injury they are suffering from. And there is a concerning amount of people recovering from deep gashes or puncture wounds on their body, some of which look like bite marks. There is one man standing on a chair in one corner of the room, watching over the injured while a woman moves between them, occasionally looking more closely at one of them. Your entering the room attracts many eyes to you, but most of them stay onto you only for a few moments. You can see all this thanks to one of those magical light sources close to the centre of the room, much smaller than the ones you saw outside.

Your guide moves towards an old man (his hair and rather long beard are grey and his face is wrinkled) wearing dirty dark red robes, kneeling over an injured man lying on a piece of cloth on the ground. There's a slightly pudgy woman standing close to him, observing while remaining completely still and quiet. The old man is kneeling over the injured man with his eyes closed and his hands over a bandage-covered part of the injured man's body, making gestures with them and moving them around in a spiralling motion, while at the same time moving his mouth very slightly as if he is muttering something that you can't quite make out. There's a very faint orangered light coming from his palms.

Your guide stops some distance away from him and waits, saying nothing. About a minute later, the old man finishes doing whatever he was doing, opening his eyes again.
"He should be good for tonight. Mark him and check his bandages." he says to the woman softly as she helps him stand up. She nods and kneels over the injured man to examine him.

"Master Kassiver?" the guard accompanying you asks as he walks forward, trying to get the old man's attention by raising his hand slightly, suddenly a lot more timid than before.
"Hm? Rovan? Who are those people? And what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on watch tonight?
As he speaks, the old man's voice starts taking a more commanding and inquisitive tone, like a parent questioning a misbehaving child.
"Yes sir. Sorry sir. But I'm certain Syndil will have no problem while I'm gone. He knows-"
"That's not for you to decide. We need as many of you out there as possible."
"Sorry sir."
"And stop apologizing and get to the point. What are you doing here?"
"Sorry si-"
The old man shakes his head slightly.
"These two need food and shelter. Can we help them?"
Kassiver spends several seconds looking at you.
"Hm. Yes..." he replies, stroking his beard a bit. "Yes, I have a couple of empty spots here. After this night, I think there is a tent in the west they could use."
He approaches the guard and asks him more quietly, although not quietly enough that you can't hear.
"Who are they? She is not from here, is she?"
"Yes. She travelled. Came here tonight. Says she's lost her supplies. Says her name is Irine."
"Irine?" the old man says with a hint of both recognition and confusion in his face.
"You know her, right? I knew she-"
"Thank you Rovan. I'll take care of them. Get back to your post now." Kassiver cuts him off, once again speaking with his commanding voice.
The guard turns around and starts walking towards you.
"See? Everything will be fine. I have to go now. Maybe I'll see you after my shift ends. If you're still awake." he says as he approaches you with a smile on his face.
You gently grab the guard's arm and tug him downwards. He looks a bit perplexed by this but lowers his head nonetheless. When he does so, you whisper in his ear:
"Your vibes are a very powerful tool, and you've done no harm this time, for I truly mean no ill, but your vibes don't distinguish between a mage and a powerful magical creature."
As is to be expected, his face hints at large amounts of confusion being his current feeling.
"W-wait, I... I don't understand. Are you... What are you saying? Are you saying that you are-"
"Rovan! I said get back to your post!" the old man interrupts the guard, clearly angry now.
"But sir! She-"
"I said get out! Out! Now! I will take care of this!" the old man replies, yelling as loudly as he dares without risking waking up those sleeping. The magical flame illuminating the room wobbles for a second as if hit by a small gust of wind.
The guard takes a step back.
"Yes sir. Sorry sir."
He turns around and starts walking away.
"And stop apologizing!"
The young guard looks behind him to take one final look at you before exiting the tent.

"So... should we go somewhere a bit more quiet? Get you some food?" the old man says slowly. He does not approach you, standing where he was with his legs slightly wide and his body a bit low, as if halfway into a ready stance.

OOC
Some words were eaten. I think I fixed them all.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 10, 2015, 12:58:00 am »

"Ike here -" I gesture towards Ike as I speak "- needs food pretty badly. Could you make sure he's ok and then we can talk? I see from your stance you recognize my name. I mean no harm to anyone in or around this camp, and am willing to speak frankly, though I'd prefer to take our conversation somewhere quieter to avoid disturbing the others here."
I sit down and rest my hands in my lap, looking up at him calmly.

if he gives me reasonable directions, I'll follow them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:40:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 10, 2015, 11:53:08 am »

Tasty humansss... no, seriously, all these survivors are making me hungry. Dang long pork, why's it gotta be so nice and veal-like? Ike internally monologues.

Don't look at powerful wizard. Let massah speak. Remain pathetic-looking. Accept tasty food, though.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3644 on: March 10, 2015, 12:36:27 pm »

Toaster VS Wolfkit

"Ah hah!  Resorting to flashing me, I see.  How juvenile!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Flashbangs are a perfectly legitimate! And if you don't like it, you are perfectly welcome to wear a blindfold.

Alarith VS Hawk132

"Thou appearest to be tired. Shall I help thou to sleep? The eternal kind."

((EDIT: Noticed a thing.))

Bryan ducks out of Hawk's retaliatory strike, barely managing to retain his balance.
((Fixed.))
"Rest of that kind is not an option, not for me, not for you. Not until all of this is over. Even if your offer held weight, I would turn it down."
Bryan tries to free his sword, but before he can manage to do so, Saevus points his golden arm at him. He lets go of the sword and jumps backwards, just in time to avoid a telekinetic blast. The telekinetic blast hits the sword instead, removing it from his arm and sending it flying inside one of the derelict buildings nearby.
<An arm for a sword.>
<Hmph. He doesn't need a sword to kill him.>

Coolrune206 VS Salsacookies

((Nonono, you misunderstood. I WANTED to turn into a spherical sea urchin. I wanted to turn into a sphere covered with spikes! :C Oh well, I'll just get to work.))

Ram into him as hard as I can. If I have teeth, bite into him, tear him off the wall, then release him.
He is on a red blood cell. Not a wall.
Forward to Adventure!
As Ron continues to majorkong his way towards the ever branching blood vessels that make up the lungs, he feels like something is watching him. He turns around to see a black blurry spot quickly moving towards him. Before he can react, the spot hits him in the right leg. The hit stings and some blood is released by it, spreading around the wound and colouring the surrounding plasma, but it doesn't look life threatening.
<Blood within blood?>
<Bloodception!>

Campaign

Tasty humansss... no, seriously, all these survivors are making me hungry. Dang long pork, why's it gotta be so nice and veal-like? Ike internally monologues.

Don't look at powerful wizard. Let massah speak. Remain pathetic-looking. Accept tasty food, though.
((Ike would make a good slasher film villain.))
"Ike here -" I gesture towards Ike as I speak "- needs food pretty badly. Could you make sure he's ok and then we can talk? I see from your stance you recognize my name. I mean no harm to anyone in or around this camp, and am willing to speak frankly, though I'd prefer to take our conversation somewhere quieter to avoid disturbing the others here."
I sit down and rest my hands in my lap, looking up at him calmly.

if he gives me reasonable directions, I'll follow them.
"Hm. So you are her..." the old man says and stares at you for a few seconds. He looks a bit more relaxed now.
"Very well. Follow me." he says before turning his head slightly to address the woman he was with.
"I am needed elsewhere. Make sure everything is fine while I am gone."
With that, he starts walking towards the exit, glancing at you occasionally.

He opens the tent's flap to reveal the young guard that brought you here, either talking to the other two guards or trying to eavesdrop depending on how one interprets his stance. Neither interpretation seems to be very pleasing for the old man.
"What are you still doing here?! Didn't I tell you to get back to work?!"
"Yes sir! Sorry sir!" the young guard says as he turns around and starts moving away as quickly as he can, his retreat accompanied by the laughter of the other two guards.
"And stop apologizing!"
"Sorry sir!" the young guard yells as he disappears behind a dwelling, prompting another bout of laughter from the two guards. Their laughter ceases immediately the moment the old man looks at them. They do their best to look serious.
"Sir." one of them says.

The old man hmphs and walks away towards the other large tent.
"No one gets in. No one disturbs us." he says to the two guards and they nod.
He gets halfway inside and holds the flap open with his body to allow light from the outside to make its way inside. He uses that light to pick up some twigs and dry leaves from a nearby rock bowl and put them inside one of those glass jars that make up those magical light sources. You notice that there is a slightly red spherical stone inside it. That done, he closes the jar with another stone and mutters a single word while making a small hand gesture. The small amount of twigs inside the jar ignite. The flames die off in less than a minute, but in doing so they cause the spherical stone to transform into a fire floating close to the centre of the jar. He picks up the jar from a handle and starts walking towards the centre of the tent.

This tent must be used as a storeroom. It has a cover on the ground, probably to make it harder for rodents, insects and other borrowing creatures to enter. It doesn't look like it has a lot of food in it though. There are some sacks, some barrels, some waterskins, a box with mushrooms, other boxes the contents of which you can't see... But most of the tent contains things like wood, nails, tools, wheelbarrows, stretchers and other similar materials. As he walks, the old man grabs a waterskin, a small bag and a rock bowl.

The tent also appears to be used as a temporary office, with a small table and 4 chairs close to its centre. The old man puts the magical light source down on the table and sets the rock bowl down on top of it.
"Be seated, if you want." he says, indicating the chairs.
After that, he pours some water inside the bowl and adds a pinch of a white powder he takes from the small bag. Finally, he takes an extremely thin yet surprisingly hard slice of bread and rips it to pieces which he places inside the bowl.
"Better wait a while." the old man tells Ike, seeing him eye the bowl hungrily. "It is more filling if you eat it warm."

With the "food" ready (or being prepared depending on how long Ike is willing to wait for it to get warmer) your "host" sits down on a chair in the opposite side of the table and addresses Irine, looking at her straight in the eyes.
"So. Why are you here? Are you looking to negotiate?"
He speaks quietly and slowly but with certainty, not timidly.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:39:19 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 521