Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126189 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3120 on: January 13, 2015, 07:20:54 pm »

Lenglon takes several deep breaths, and backs away from the keyboard, twitching slightly.

I can't react to this turn of events right now. I get very attached to my characters.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 13, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

* Xantalos laughs maniacally

The dice, the dice, they herald doom whenever they roll for me ahahhahahahhhahahahhahaha
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 13, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

Lenglon takes several deep breaths, and backs away from the keyboard, twitching slightly.

I can't react to this turn of events right now. I get very attached to my characters.
((We aren't dead-dead, silly :P I do believe there is something very certainly going on. Though that's a good RP move for Irene there ._. Just believe on. And believe me when I say we aren't dead-dead.
...Hopefully :o
* Tiruin nudges Xantalos. You're being silly again. :v))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 13, 2015, 09:33:28 pm »

I am hoping that that... that didn't really happen. that Irine will wake up sometime in the next couple turns, battered and burned, but alive.

I am angry, because I don't think that's going to happen. That everything was for naught. that even with her specilized defenses against exactly this type of death, in her most defensive possible posture and form, weren't enough. That there was nothing she could do. that her fate... that all of our fates, were sealed the moment I stopped River from sacrificing himself.

That it's all my fault.

I want to pm Paris, to beg and bargain for Irine's survival, or... or something... I don't even know really.

I know that anything I could say, could do, could ask for... I shouldn't do it. The GM is the GM, I shouldn't go about trying to fight against or undermine his authority. There is nothing productive I can say or do right now, all I can do is lash out... and I want to avoid doing that.

so...

yeah.

I can't afford to react right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:17 pm »

I am hoping that that... that didn't really happen. that Irine will wake up sometime in the next couple turns, battered and burned, but alive.

I am angry, because I don't think that's going to happen. That everything was for naught. that even with her specilized defenses against exactly this type of death, in her most defensive possible posture and form, weren't enough. That there was nothing she could do. that her fate... that all of our fates, were sealed the moment I stopped River from sacrificing himself.

That it's all my fault.

I want to pm Paris, to beg and bargain for Irine's survival, or... or something... I don't even know really.

I know that anything I could say, could do, could ask for... I shouldn't do it. The GM is the GM, I shouldn't go about trying to fight against or undermine his authority. There is nothing productive I can say or do right now, all I can do is lash out... and I want to avoid doing that.

so...

yeah.

I can't afford to react right now.
To be honest, I'm about the same way. I mean, that was my character of all characters, the one that was my primary person. But I'm sure that the GM isn't going to be so harsh. I mean, come on, we weren't even out of the gate yet before we all "died." There has to be something else going on here.

Just trust that it'll turn out well, because I also have to put that trust into the game. Let's wait and see for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:51 pm »

The thing that has me confused is why Ike woke up alone. Theri was right next to him, and I have specilized defenses against flame. Theri, though Tiruin's kept her capabilities hidden well, seems to be a physical-based character. so I'd expect her to be more resilient than Ike. Yet Ike woke up alone. It might simply have been a quirk of the dice or... I dono. Did Ike get something on his last levelup to make him survive with all his limbs when everyone else was instantly burnt to cinders too quickly to even feel what was happening including the person next to him?

so why Ike?

why not me?

wait a sec, did the portal colapse before the explosion or not? *starts re-reading turn to check*
if that thing swells up upon being hit by fire, and it WAS closer to the core of the explosion than any of us...

*check complete* yeah, I don't see anything about the portal colapsing, though nobody was keeping close track of it, so I can't be sure. still, if the explosion hit it before us, and since the frontal wave of it was the source of its overwhelming power, there's a chance that the portal swelled up to impossible size and we all went through without being hit by the explosion after all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:09:09 pm by Lenglon »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: January 13, 2015, 11:11:13 pm »

The thing that has me confused is why Ike woke up alone. Theri was right next to him, and I have specilized defenses against flame. Theri, though Tiruin's kept her capabilities hidden well, seems to be a physical-based character. so I'd expect her to be more resilient than Ike. Yet Ike woke up alone. It might simply have been a quirk of the dice or... I dono. Did Ike get something on his last levelup to make him survive with all his limbs when everyone else was instantly burnt to cinders too quickly to even feel what was happening including the person next to him?

so why Ike?

why not me?
Maybe it's a progressive wakeup. Maybe Ike needs to find the rest of us if he can (or wants to), so that we can get out of whatever kind of mess we have fallen into. I dunno. I am personally doubting why all of us, with our wide range of abilities, couldn't have survived the blast. Unless the portal was made of anti-matter, of course, but that's something else. Oh well. Again, I want to wait and see before reacting any more. Paris has been fair to us so far, I'm still putting my faith in that's it's not the end of the line for our characters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:04 pm »

((I think the permadeath Paris mentioned was if we got enslaved to an octopus, so don't worry, your giblets should be calm.
I'm still giggling over the manner of Alan's second? Or is it third? Death.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:42 pm »

((The permadeath was pretty clearly stated to be if our soul spheres were destroyed. considering the complete and total annihilation he described, that seems likely.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: January 13, 2015, 11:42:57 pm »

((In that case it's most likely that Alan's permadead, since he was right next to the giant crystal when it exploded.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: January 14, 2015, 12:25:33 am »

I mean, that was my character of all characters, the one that was my primary person.

((I find this statement interesting, as this character of all my characters made here at Bay12, is played closest to the person behind the keyboard.

Anyway, we'll just have to see how this thread plays out.  I rather saw that explosion as a nuclear-level blast that no one would survive, but there's always that one in a million chance.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 14, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

((If there ever was a game where a dice roll like that would be made it'd be this one.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: January 14, 2015, 02:18:57 am »

so why Ike?

why not me?

((Perhaps Satan likes Ike for some reason.

But yes, I'd expect some form of foul sorcery was involved to un-deaden Ike, in which case it's not unreasonable to guess that either all the others, much to my disappointment, are going to wake up soon as well, or Ike is going to have a bit of a moral choice ahead of him, which would be a deliciously wondrous thing to happen. Or maybe he rolled a 6 on Will. Or my last levelup really makes much, much more of a difference than I have been led to believe. Who knows?

In any case, really disappointed that anyone survived. If anyone were to live, I was hoping it would be Alan first and foremost.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: January 14, 2015, 02:24:18 am »

((It would be fitting. He would be Alanzathoth, the idiot god of RTDs.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: January 14, 2015, 02:32:42 am »

((Woah, woah. DAF. Lenglon, chill you dudes. :O This is a time wherein we reflect on the feelings--as if our characters are still feeling that; though there is no note of further awareness post-blast. Herein I say we have faith in Ike until the very end. Hopefully he has empathy for us, despite me knowing his player is a nice dude.))
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 521