Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127141 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Portal Combat
« Reply #3030 on: December 12, 2014, 12:40:07 pm »

Survival

Keep an eye on them, but also see if there's any place I could go to so that I could fix my arm up a bit more. Kinda annoying to not be at full potential.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 12, 2014, 01:08:41 pm »

((No wrapping us in tentacles then pretending to be a zombie to blend in? Aww. Oh well, it would have ruined the mood and probably not worked.))

(Talking later, out of time now.)

Continue being carried around by more competent teammates.
If I can reach Zech's shield then Tsar + repair it to strengthen it and give him much more light crystals to work with.
If Theri asks for it then lend her my sword.
If anything directly attacks me then kill it with a tsar stab with the knife.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 12, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »

Campaign - Confused Alan

I guess I'll just dissuade these salesmen.

Fire bleach from one hand and lemonade from the other at any octopi or slaves that get this close.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:48:07 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »

Campaign - Confused Alan

Fire oversized frying pans at any octopi or slaves that get this close.

"Use the salt, Alan! Use the salt!" Ike shouts from afar in a theatrically faltering voice.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 12, 2014, 01:46:02 pm »

((Bleach is a common household item.  If you can summon it and ammonia-based cleaner...)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 12, 2014, 01:52:02 pm »

((I don't know, but I assume explosions.))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3036 on: December 12, 2014, 01:57:53 pm »

((I need to know what exactly I heard and saw from River, because it affects how I react to him. If I figure out that he's planning on self-sacrifice then I have a post already written up and ready to go. If not...))
((You heard the order he gave you and Zechariah and you probably saw his body language as he was talking to Ike and Nikolai. I suppose you could ask him or Ike what's going on. Or Tiruin could tell you about it. I feel bad preventing you from using your work.))

((I'm really sorry for not posting this turn, I was busy this entire week and somehow missed the turn. I'll get my action up in the morning.))
((Relax. You're busy. I understand. RL comes first.))

((This update brought to you by the [abbr] tag))
((Hey, it could be worse. I could had used parentheses instead of abbr and made it even harder to read.
Sometimes my mind gets stuck and starts using a certain thing constantly. Like that time I wrote a post where almost every sentence started with "also".

Anyway, in my mind 1950s tech cars are very complex and hard to do, harder than cannons using futuretech. Maybe I'm wrong.))

((No wrapping us in tentacles then pretending to be a zombie to blend in? Aww. Oh well, it would have ruined the mood and probably not worked.))
((I assumed healing takes precedence. Plus Irene is keeping you safe for now. You can try it this turn, if you want.))

Campaign - Confused Alan

Fire oversized frying pans at any octopi or slaves that get this close.

"Use the salt, Alan! Use the salt!" Ike shouts from afar in a theatrically faltering voice.
"Alan, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?"

((Bleach is a common household item.  If you can summon it and ammonia-based cleaner...))
((Oh dear. Don't give him ideas. He'll roll a 7 and blow up the entire floor in a cloud of toxic vapour.))

To River: <Well, that's certainly a touching revelation, or at least a statement of disastrous incompetency about a few of my teammates! What's your soul sphere look like, though, just in case? Wouldn't want to accidentally pick up some unusually shiny debris and leave you to die, you know!>
<I do not know. This has never happened to me. Dying, as River.
Probably spherical. And black. You will know when you see it.>
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:01:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 12, 2014, 01:59:56 pm »

((Bleach is a common household item.  If you can summon it and ammonia-based cleaner...)

((How about bleach and lemon juice?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 12, 2014, 02:43:41 pm »

Anyway, in my mind 1950s tech cars are very complex and hard to do, harder than cannons using futuretech. Maybe I'm wrong.))

((Depends on your definition of "car" as well as "complexity."  A 1954 Thunderbird is going to be more mechanical and far less electronic than a 2014 Corolla.  If you decide that electronic parts are harder than mechanical ones in terms of my power, then an older car is going to be notably easier.  If it's the same complexity for the two parts, the difference won't be as large, but I'd assume the earlier car is still faster due to less safety equipment and electronic parts such as automatic door locks and the like.

That said, if we define car as loosely as possible and only concern ourselves with the engine, transmission, wheels, and body, leaving out power steering, radio, A/C, and all that fancy stuff, it'd be quite a bit simpler.

Since I didn't specify that and just asked for a "car," I think a two turn summoning time is quite justifiable.

And giving Alan ideas is my solemn duty.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:25 pm »

((TIME FOR ALAN TO SELL SOME LEMONADE))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 12, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

Irine, Campaign

"River, you're pretty hurt. Please just get back here where we can help you. Zech and I can handle this."
send the majority of my flames to form an very intense area just outside one panel of Zech's shield wall.
"Zech, Take down the shield in front of my fires, let them funnel themselves into it.
the remainder I use to keep the team defended as best as I can.
if the wrong panel goes down or they all go down at once or whatever, then spread my flames out and still try to catch them with my area-targeted ability whilst they're all clustered in a small area.

((Probably going to have to spread this turn over multiple posts, but I can post this much without hearing River's response.))

edit: just to be clear, this isn't everything I want to do/say this turn, however my follow-up depends on River's response or lack of response.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:12:20 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 12, 2014, 05:39:06 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah whirls around, using his ears more than his eyes to sense the surrounding area. With his instincts going hand-in-hand with logic, he moves the shields around to make way for Lirian while trying desperately to protect the group and the portal at the same time. He's not doing his best at the moment, but he's also had worse performance. Much, much worse performance.

Pendant, River: <I'm on it!>

"I understand. Get ready!"

Focused power needed now. Maintain the portal's shields and keep them tight, while using the Shadows to pull the creature off of the Generators. Finally, open a hole in the shield directly in front of Irine to allow her to attack from her front.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 12, 2014, 07:15:10 pm »

"River, don't you dare die! Not after I used my good sling to tourniquet you."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3043 on: December 13, 2014, 12:46:12 am »

Irine, Campaign

"River, you're pretty hurt. Please just get back here where we can help you. Zech and I can handle this."
<I can not. Helping me is useless. I have to do this. I need to know you will be safe.>

"River, don't you dare die! Not after I used my good sling to tourniquet you."
<Your slightly selfish concern is noted. Your help is appreciated. It will make this easier.
But I can not run away. I will not be able to protect you. I am as good as dead. I have already burnt all the strength I could spare. More than I could spare.
I will not stand and watch as you get hurt. I will not let them hurt her. I will not die laying on the floor, unconscious. Not when a friend needs me.
Better to fight. Better to risk death in battle.
This is the best choice.>

Well, he seems intent on dying. You could probably still bash him in the back of the head and drag him with you if you really want that sling. Or just ask for the sling back. If he's going to die anyway, you might as well have your stuff back, right? Maybe you could even ask for his pants, so that you can make a spare sling. He won't be needing them. Sure, some may call you a vulture for that, but you'll know you're just being a realist. A survivor.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 13, 2014, 02:18:21 am »

I'm not going to take a dying person's tourniquet away. Nikolai may be a bit selfish, but he's not a sociopath.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 521