Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127922 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fight or Flight? (aka Where do we go from here?)
« Reply #2880 on: November 03, 2014, 12:53:21 am »

Give the amulet back to Irene.
"It's most likely a key."

Continue to the portal and watch out for sneaky cephalopods.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »

((back... wow @ no posts))

edit:
Amulet Accepted
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:05:31 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: November 06, 2014, 12:53:15 am »

((We need to do radical things! Everyone, put bling on!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: November 06, 2014, 11:39:02 am »

(("I'd say Bling is a common household object.  You could emblingen everyone, Alan."))

((IC OOC go))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: November 06, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

EDIT: wrong thread
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: November 06, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »

((As my workload finally lifts, I begin my return!))

Campaign, Ike!

"Once more unto danger, then!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

What exactly is it I can smell? Anything groovy or scientifically fascinating?

In any case, keep moving.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: At Doom's Gate
« Reply #2886 on: November 07, 2014, 07:57:46 am »

Survival

Chase the rats. Nom them, then heal
You run after the rats. The damn things are fast. Looks like they are really scared. After some effort, you manage to catch up to a straggler. You pounce and grab it by the tail. Its survival instincts are strong. It keeps writhing and snapping its teeth at you as it tries to get away. With some effort, you finally manage to bite it in the head. You keep applying pressure until there is a crunch and it is stops moving. After that you drag it to a corner and start munching on it while at the same time focusing on slowly stopping your bleeding.

Survival

"Good one."

Summon molotov.  Throw molotov.  Shoot if there's a clear shot, but try to stay down.
Cops throwing molotovs? That's certainly an inversion.
Survival

((Time to test how bulletproof I am.))

Charge at the four guys. It's finally impaling time.
survival

Look for another way out.
Bravely running away it is.
Survival

Begin laying heavy fire on the guys around the car. Aim so I don't hit Saevus, and if all the guys around the car are dead, walk over, get in the car, and invite the other guys to get in before I drive to my hideout. If they aren't dead, stay behind cover of the burning car.
Laying heavy fire while wielding an assault rifle with one hand. What could possibly go wrong?

The goons with the assault rifles open fire on Saevus but somehow manage to completely miss. Only a couple of bullets manage a glancing hit and those harmlessly bounce off his shield.

As the bullets fly, John is taking cover behind the car, trying to focus on his summoning. He manages to make a lighter, but he's not concentrated enough to do anything more complex right now.

Ron gets out of cover, extends his one good arm, pointing his tommygun in the general direction of the enemy. He holds down the trigger. The recoil immediately throws his arm up and around, barely missing John.

One of the revolver wielding men tries to shoot Saevus but he fumbles and drops his weapon.

Saevus, who had until now been lumbering towards the gunmen, finally reaches them. He stabs at one of the men laying on the ground with his spear. The man tries to roll away, but Saevus manages to nick him in the arm.

Meanwhile, with everyone preoccupied with killing each other, Bryan finds the opportunity to slip away. He runs as fast as he can, heading for the nearest houses, keeping his head down to avoid catching any stray bullets with his body. Question is, what is he going to do once he is there?

Campaign

Campaign - Totally Radical

Man, being careful never kept anyone alive.

Alan ignores the voices of everyone who died horribly via recklessness shouting at him, including his own, twice over.

Though it is a shame that I can't use my wonderful bed anymore. I guess I'll have to improvise! But if I go too fast those rude octopi might spot me, like that out-of-shape black fox spirit thingy told me. Hmm. I need a disguise.

Do I have any sharp things on my person? A knife or something? If not, call up one of those and a cardboard box. Cut eyeholes in the box and pull a Metal Gear by creeping about everywhere under the box.
You get a nicely folded and rather big cardboard box, ready for deployment.

((Look! Packages! PACKAGES! Our Alan hides in cardboard boxes! The coward! TEH FOOL! I... *ultra deep breath* I shall take away his cardboard bawkses!))
((Note: I'm going to be unavailable for the next couple days, so am going to make this post have a lot of If:then statements so you can keep going without me for a couple turns.))

Irine, Campaign

En-route to portal:
When we move to leave, I collect my flames into five evenly distributed spheres, one of these remains over my head or otherwise near me as I move, the other four spread out, slowly spiraling and circling around the entire group as a whole, and arcing down to strike any threats. the one near me I further subdivide into five parts as needed, and have them move to strike at any parasites that get in the middle of the group.
If we come to a small dark area I will light it with a perimiter orb or two as we move through/near it. If we come to a large dark area I will take a small section of the interior sphere and scatter it into a large array of tiny motes and sparks of flame, making the entire area around us glow.
At all times I'm attempting to continue to collect additional flames, increasing the firepower I have available and using it to form additional perimeter orbs of fire, using the bodies of parasites or other threats as fuel.
Action unchanged
Spoiler: large set of if-thens (click to show/hide)

Continue to the portal and watch out for sneaky cephalopods.
Amulet Accepted
((As my workload finally lifts, I begin my return!))

Campaign, Ike!

"Once more unto danger, then!"

What exactly is it I can smell? Anything groovy or scientifically fascinating?

In any case, keep moving.

Not really groovy or interesting, although there is a multitude of smells around here, with the smell of copper being the most prominent for some reason. It smells like the air is filled with tiny copper particles. Other fainter smells include things like ashes, dust, ozone, basalt, sulphur and the very faint smell of those octopus things. Still, nothing immediately interesting.

You continue walking, following the canyon until you reach its end. There stands a large rock that has fallen off the canyon walls some time in the past. It serves as good cover for observing what lies beyond.

Beyond the canyon the ground keeps getting deeper, forming a roughly round shallow valley that extends for kilometres. It's just barren rock, same as the valley you just left from, although a lot smoother, with only a few deep cracks, small craters and large rocks to break the monotony. When the landscape is illuminated by a lightning strike, you notice that the valley is surrounded by canyons similar to the one you exited from, some larger, some smaller, all of them with incredibly high walls. There's also a rock in the centre of the valley that looks vaguely pyramid-like.

The more interesting (and alarming) thing is not that far away though, it's only a few dozen metres away. A pillar of light with rounded edges and a slightly red and purple hue, about 10 metres tall and 4 wide. You think you can see glimpses of things beyond it. A floor made of black and brown segments. Red and black sky. Or ceiling. Can't really tell. It's all fleeting, blurry and distorted.

There are signs of human activity near it. A trio of tents, their fabric vibrating in the light wind. Some stone blocks near them arranged in an incomplete square, as if someone started laying the foundation for a small structure. An extinguished campfire.

Deformed humanoid shapes can be seen around the pillar, as well as more of those tentacled things. A lot more. At least 50 of them in the general area. With more coming from further away. Some seem to wander aimlessly. Most of the octopuses are wandering around the pillar, spiralling closer to it, eventually making their way in it and disappearing. One bumps onto a humanoid. The humanoid moves its arms a bit and starts walking away from the portal as the thing wraps its tentacles around it.

"Looks like the portal is blinding them. Distracting them. They focus on feeding on it. But they will probably see us when we get closer. I say we make a run for it when ready. Irene can-"
At that moment, he notices a cardboard box moving away from your hiding spot.
"What?" he says and cocks his head to the side. He turns his head to look back at you and then realises what is going on, his eyes opening wider.
"Argh, now I have a second impatient annoyance to care about. Get ready to move and help him."

Alan keeps moving forward towards the pillar of light in his cardboard box, looking out through the hole he cut with his knife.
<Wait! Stop!>
Alan however is a bit too late to heed his warning. Or maybe he just doesn't care. Either way, what happens next is that he bumps into something.
<Stay still. Do not let it touch you.>
Alan stays perfectly still, even as something starts constricting the box, creating depressions across its inner surface. A pair of yellowish tentacles enter through the eye holes and start blindly groping around while another punches a hole through the cardboard, stabbing blindly in it. Alan tries to move out of the way as best as he can.

The rest of the team watch as the creature moves away from the box after punching a hole in it with one of its tentacles. The box looks slightly crumpled and torn but is otherwise fine. It keeps moving forward a few seconds later. River sighs.
"I... did not think he could do it." he says, surprised.

Staging Area

Quote from: Wolfkit
character
You wake up.

You're sitting on a comfortable black leather armchair. There's a coffee table in front of you. And beyond that there is a reception desk with a simple logo carved on it, glowing from hidden internal lights. There's a door on your left, close to you. And another on your right, further away.

The room you're in is big. Tall. Much longer on one side than on the other, like a giant empty corridor. Lit with bright lights overhead and hidden dim blue lights in the walls. Everything is made of smooth shiny dark plastic and glass, even the walls. The floor is a layer of glass squares covering a layer of the same dark plastic. One who wanted to be poetic would say you're in a room made of darkness and reflections.

Even the receptionist is like that. An android with vaguely feminine characteristics. Its skin is another layer of black plastic, with some kind of flexible dark grey semi-opaque material acting as skin in places like the hands and legs where flexibility is necessary, covering the dark shapes inside it. It lacks a mouth. Its eyes are unblinking black orbs. She taps away at the holographic display in front of her, seemingly focused on whatever she is typing.

OOC
Title given by this music: http://youtu.be/Sg37lkE5cuw
((Nyars entity, then!  No, I have no idea how that'd work ingame either.))
The option already exists to get a semi-random upgrade from your entity. I could make it cheaper, change it to allow you to choose to get a semi-random upgrade from any entity you want, plus some options that allow you to further narrow down the nature of the upgrade, with the downside that you do not know what those choices mean, so the upgrade might not be what you want until those choices are deciphered.
((back... wow @ no posts))
Sorry, been busy, mostly working on this, plus other things. Trying to finish all my work early so that I can go to Paris to attend my brother's graduation.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:26 am »

((Based on my efforts in last mission, is the portal within range or close to it?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2888 on: November 07, 2014, 08:16:00 am »

((Based on my efforts in last mission, is the portal within range or close to it?))
((It's a bit less than 100 metres, so that makes it a bit outside your range. So it would take a bit more effort to get some fire there, but you could do it with your stats.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: November 07, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

Irine, Campaign

"Either they're unintelligent or lack sensory organs. Meaning I can do this without giving us away."

Direct my four circling spheres of flame to split into 16 (or if doing this makes them too small to be effective or sustainable, a smaller value, if I could split them further and remain stable and effective, then a larger value. I'm (Lenglon) estimating their size right now.) and send them arcing up and then down upon the parasites. as individual parasites fall to the rain of fire, collect the flames from its body and send them arcing up and on to another one, or split to target two if the amount of fire is sufficiently large. the one orb I'm keeping near me, stays near me for use against anything that gets close. start at the parasites nearest me and advance as the distance starts to become a strain.

((I'm aware that my assumptions here are wrong by the way, I wasn't in the room for when the parasites were sneaking from pillar to pillar. Feel free to inform me if you don't want me to do this.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:35:12 am by Lenglon »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: November 07, 2014, 08:34:48 am »

Survival

No rolling! Keep stabbing and pull people towards me/into my spear if needed. Maybe even try to grab a guy by his face and fire a point-blank blast.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: November 07, 2014, 09:06:43 am »

((Does that mean your brother is bre56?))

Survival

"Watch where you point that thing!  Damn!"

Try again!  Make molotov, throw molotov.

((Also, where's the spear?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2892 on: November 07, 2014, 09:35:56 am »

((I'm aware that my assumptions here are wrong by the way, I wasn't in the room for when the parasites were sneaking from pillar to pillar. Feel free to inform me if you don't want me to do this.))
((Why would I not want you to do this? There are things I would prefer some of you would do, but in the end the choices you make are yours. As long as you're not somehow breaking some rule or doing something bad OOC, you're free to do anything you want. Unless you meant that as a notification to the other characters around you that they can do this IC if they want.))

((Does that mean your brother is bre56?))
((Badum-tish!))

((Also, where's the spear?))
Did I not put that in any of the descriptions I gave?
*checks back*
Yeah, looks like I didn't. Sorry.
Anyway, the part of the spear that had the buttons is around your not-interface-wearing arm's wrist, like a bracelet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:37 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I'm kind of glad this doesn't seem to be actual powdered metal in the air. I kind of like not being on fire," Ike observes as he watches Irene try yet another of her zany, showy schemes. Truly fire is the ultimate element of buffoonery.

"Either they're unintelligent or lack sensory organs. Meaning I can do this without giving us away."

"Astute as always, my dear."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Step away a bit from the group discreetly. Listen for yellow land octopus ssp. invisible in the area, and pay attention to the octopuses I can see. Do they look like ssp. yellow or ssp. invisible (var. visible)?

In fact, is it entirely correct to say that ssp. yellow and ssp. invisible (var. visible) are true subspecies at all? Is there a gradient between the two that may indicate it is instead healthiness and abundance of food that separates them rather than a genetic gulf?

Whatever may be the case, this is clearly a job for Ike, naturalist extraordinaire! Prepare to dodge!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:50:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: November 07, 2014, 11:10:50 am »

"Hrm. Definitely not where I was, I was falling through the sky before. Probably not a hallucination, neither I nor my subconscious designed this room. Probably. Not that the decor is bad, it's actually quite interesting, though personally I would throw in some metal, probably steel. Then again, my subconscious could be changing things up on me and this actually is a dream, but I don't think it's that time of the month. Not that I really care either way; worrying about that philosophical crap takes up too much time. Time that could be used for science. And monologuing."
Continue sitting for now.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 521