Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125427 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2385 on: September 11, 2014, 06:22:24 pm »

Is there anything in the fridge? Food? If so, stuff in microwave and heat it up while hoping it won't explode. If not, more fridges!

I am a paragon of reasonable action!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 11, 2014, 07:36:53 pm »

"I'm not your pet Stellar, I'm your friend. "
My grip on her eases and I look up at her, but I'm still holding her if she doesn't pull away.
"Above all else, I am me. I am my own before I am yours or anyone else's. I deserve all the rights that I believe everyone else deserves. I'm not saying I'm better than others, but I'm not below anyone either. First and foremost, that includes the right to choose. And if I think that making my life a little harder to make yours a little easier is worth it, then that is my choice to make, not yours, not anyone else's. Remember that."
I hug her tightly again and pull my head against her, once again blocking my own view but letting me feel her presence against me.
"It's why I'm so afraid of having someone messing with my mind, my will, so much."
"I'll be ok Stellar. I agreed on the conditions of not betraying my responsibilities, my friends, or myself. I understand what those conditions really mean better than he possibly can. If he tries to exploit me, I'll have every right to say no."
((I've gotten all I'm after from this conversation by giving Stellar that info and finding out what the trial is about. I'm fine with opening/leaving the area and begining interactions with more than just Stellar after this... unless Charlie gets dragged in here of course. *Lenglon does read other player's turns*))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:58:15 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 11, 2014, 08:55:09 pm »

--Bloop--
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:42:38 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »

So I failed...just like so many times before.  I can only hope their world is better off for it.
"Is there some way to keep track of Faron, my host, I'd like to see what happens."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 11, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/unmainnaming.html

I found this entirely too hilarious.  Allow me to counter with The International Obfuscated C Code Contest.  In particular, this one is pretty awesome.

John shook his head.  "What's up, Alan?  Never change, buddy."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 11, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »

Not much, electronic man! I'm kinda hungry, though. You might want to watch your head.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 11, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

Go congratulate that guy on stabbing the robot.
"Good job stabbing the robot."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 11, 2014, 11:13:42 pm »

Zechariah paused for a moment, thinking. He wasn't sure what to say yet. Scion was somewhat right: what did it matter to him about the past now? He was on his own, he had no access to his previous dimension.
Still..

"Well then.. why do you keep me around still? I'm not satisfied yet. There has to be a reason that I did not disintegrate into basic particles when the Medium broke." He was getting a bit out of his territory, but the words kept coming. "Why, out of all the people you could've possibly chosen, did you pick me? You don't seem to have a particular liking towards me, and it seems more like this is drudge work for you rather than a true.. relationship." Zechariah turned his head back toward the crystals.
"There's something more to this than just this competition. There has to be an honest answer here. I care about this because this is the path that I am going to take, and I should know what I'm stepping into. If we're going to work together with this, I need to know.. why you chose me."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 11, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »

John nodded at Dubley Nikolai.  "Thanks for your help.  What happened to you guys?  All I heard was a boom and you two were gone."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: September 12, 2014, 06:47:20 am »

"Boom? Closer to FWOOOOOSHSH. It had a flamethrower. Rune tried to rescue me but I was too heavy. At least I crippled it first.

So, how's that spear?
"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:54:05 am by NAV »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2395 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:51 am »

Is there anything in the fridge? Food? If so, stuff in microwave and heat it up while hoping it won't explode. If not, more fridges!

I am a paragon of reasonable action!
There's an open, half eaten can of corn of dubious quality in the now nun-functional fridge.
Yay! Time to make popcorn!
You put the can in the microwave and activate it.
The can starts emitting blue and red sparks that arc from one side to the other.
Wait a second... You know what that means! That means...

OH MY GOD!! THAT MEANS YOUR POP CORN IS GOING TO GET SUPERPOWERS!!

"I'm not your pet Stellar, I'm your friend. "
My grip on her eases and I look up at her, but I'm still holding her if she doesn't pull away.
"Above all else, I am me. I am my own before I am yours or anyone else's. I deserve all the rights that I believe everyone else deserves. I'm not saying I'm better than others, but I'm not below anyone either. First and foremost, that includes the right to choose. And if I think that making my life a little harder to make yours a little easier is worth it, then that is my choice to make, not yours, not anyone else's. Remember that."
I hug her tightly again and pull my head against her, once again blocking my own view but letting me feel her presence against me.
"It's why I'm so afraid of having someone messing with my mind, my will, so much."
"I'll be ok Stellar. I agreed on the conditions of not betraying my responsibilities, my friends, or myself. I understand what those conditions really mean better than he possibly can. If he tries to exploit me, I'll have every right to say no."
((I've gotten all I'm after from this conversation by giving Stellar that info and finding out what the trial is about. I'm fine with opening/leaving the area and begining interactions with more than just Stellar after this... unless Charlie gets dragged in here of course. *Lenglon does read other player's turns*))
"I know. I understand. But I still feel bad."

You stay there for a few minutes, embracing each other.

"I need to leave. But I'll be listening. If you need anything, just say it to me and I'll hear you. Do you think you are going to be okay?"

So I failed...just like so many times before.  I can only hope their world is better off for it.
"Is there some way to keep track of Faron, my host, I'd like to see what happens."
"I can't do it on my own. But I could ask around and learn, if you want."

Go congratulate that guy on stabbing the robot.
"Good job stabbing the robot."
Great stabbing man. Really good technique. I'll give you a 10 for execution, but a 7 for form. You need to practice your moves a bit man. Make a pirouette or something before stabbing. Missing a leg is not an excuse. Or just scream a very long sentence, like you're in an anime.

Zechariah paused for a moment, thinking. He wasn't sure what to say yet. Scion was somewhat right: what did it matter to him about the past now? He was on his own, he had no access to his previous dimension.
Still..

"Well then.. why do you keep me around still? I'm not satisfied yet. There has to be a reason that I did not disintegrate into basic particles when the Medium broke." He was getting a bit out of his territory, but the words kept coming. "Why, out of all the people you could've possibly chosen, did you pick me? You don't seem to have a particular liking towards me, and it seems more like this is drudge work for you rather than a true.. relationship." Zechariah turned his head back toward the crystals.
"There's something more to this than just this competition. There has to be an honest answer here. I care about this because this is the path that I am going to take, and I should know what I'm stepping into. If we're going to work together with this, I need to know.. why you chose me."
<I chose you because you had what I needed, I chose you because you had something that interested me, I chose you because I wanted to learn, I chose you because I believe I can turn you into something greater. Even though there are parts of you I find less than appealing. And that is all I am going to say on the matter. So stop testing the limits of my patience.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 12, 2014, 07:01:15 am »

Oh M G! This is amazing, now I'll have supercorn powers!

Stare directly at it with my face 2-3 inches from the microwave, on my hands and knees.
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:12 am »

"I'll be okay. Go."
I release Stellar, back away a step, and look up at her with a smile.
"Thank you."

after Stellar is gone, I shake myself off, re-settle myself and the flower Theri gave me, and then step out of my personal area and into the Staging Area.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 12, 2014, 08:13:29 am »

"Spear's interesting.  It's a hell of a lot more complex than it looks, but it certainly cuts through armor like nothing else."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 12, 2014, 11:44:51 am »

"Where you from, thought you were a Gene, but if you war one youda be in it already, where I from, gangs rule, and you in one wen boan. But I found a Haz who not a Haz an' a Gene who no Gene." Whatchu do anywhoz?"

Give this... "faod" a try. Never seen anything like it, only nutrient bars and can juices.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 521