Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126256 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: No One Could Survive That
« Reply #2280 on: August 23, 2014, 09:35:46 pm »

"Not really.  Just curious, though of course I'd prefer something that favors what I can do."

John looks around and surveys what he's created.

"Hmm... you're right.  Does need some buildings.  Let's keep it classic."

How about a few log cabins, and a nice tavern?  Something European and 1400s.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 23, 2014, 11:08:28 pm »

>_
No influence.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 23, 2014, 11:09:34 pm »

Irine
pleasedon'tgiveuppleasedon'tgiveuppleasedon'tgiveup...
Wake up Zoe, we're so very, very close. she can't be giving up now! use the relay from Theri to continue to manage my final flames even as Zoe dies but before we're desynchronized, and try to keep Zoe's attacker off as long as I can.

Zoe
breathe, open eyes, and shoot my attacker.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:16:55 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 24, 2014, 12:25:20 am »

Determine the state of my being. Am I a pancake-like person like in most cartoons or that guy in Space Jam who got flattened?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 24, 2014, 04:52:31 am »

To the faded consciousness of Ike Wayne: <Ike Wayne, my hat is off to you. All of my multitudinous hats are off to you. It has been fun, and you have been the very best host a man like me could aspire to, and I can only hope to carry your name honorably forward in the future.>

Let's take this show on the road!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 24, 2014, 07:47:29 am »

After walking up to him, attempt to grab him. If I can't, swing a fist at him in an attempt to hit him.

"Ya dun looking and talkin now? are we actually gonna fight. "Amused chuckle" Gonna "kill" me with your mug, Haz "Full laughter, then sudden stop" No, you Haz, you tha one dying here, now.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 24, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »

Hit him on the head with an upside down tsar mug. Then untsar it to crush his head.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2287 on: August 24, 2014, 11:29:25 pm »

"Not really.  Just curious, though of course I'd prefer something that favors what I can do."

John looks around and surveys what he's created.

"Hmm... you're right.  Does need some buildings.  Let's keep it classic."

How about a few log cabins, and a nice tavern?  Something European and 1400s.
The trees around the fountain shudder and fall, changing shape into the walls of a dozen or so log houses, arranged in a roughly square area around it. Most are nothing more than a small room while a couple of them are much larger two storey things.
The few holes that were left in the walls are filled by growing wood that creates floors, doors, windows and roofs. A small roofed porch grows around some of the larger houses.
Windows are sparse if they exist at all. The roofs are highly pitched and all possess at least one chimney or funnel-shaped hole for smoke to escape, although only a couple of the buildings have smoke rising out of them.
Probably gets snowy here in winter. you think before you realize that winter and snow probably never comes here unless someone wants it to.
Two buildings stand out from the rest. A large three storey building made of stone blocks and wood with a sign hanging outside and smoke coming out of its chimney. Some kind of tavern or inn probably. And a larger two storey building made almost exclusively out of stone blocks, which has no sign on it but looks imposing nonetheless. The only building to feature a balcony, as far as you can tell. Maybe a manor or a town hall?

You hear a *pop* behind you, like someone just burst a balloon. When you turn to look, you notice that the holes leading to your personal areas are gone from the cliff face. The entrances probably got relocated to the small town you just built.

You also notice two guys getting ready to fight a dozen metres away from you. The guy with the gas mask, who is currently holding a mug and some new guy with tattoos who is brandishing his fists.
Let's hope their fighting doesn't damage your newly built town.

After walking up to him, attempt to grab him. If I can't, swing a fist at him in an attempt to hit him.

"Ya dun looking and talkin now? are we actually gonna fight. "Amused chuckle" Gonna "kill" me with your mug, Haz "Full laughter, then sudden stop" No, you Haz, you tha one dying here, now.
Hit him on the head with an upside down tsar mug. Then untsar it to crush his head.
The gas-mask wearing mask raises his cup and turns it upside down as the Gene charges him.
"No, no, no! Stop!"
Nikolai starts lowering the cup. By the time it reaches the ground, it has become enormous, big enough to trap the Gene in it. The gene is perplexed by this, but only for a split second. He punches the walls of the oversized mug surrounding him, causing them to shatter in an explosion of ceramic fragments.
Nikolai is left holding the jagged remains of the oversized mug, its giant handle.
<I guess one could say that was not his cup of tea.>
<You are not as good at this pun thing as you think you are.>
<Really? That wasn't good? How about "His plan of attack was just shattered"?>
<No. Just no.>
Good idea NAV.

Determine the state of my being. Am I a pancake-like person like in most cartoons or that guy in Space Jam who got flattened?
http://youtu.be/mLGi3VqfYVo

>_
No influence.

The phone continues producing nothing but static.
"Russian piece of crap!" comes a shout from the other room, accompanied by the sound of something plastic being hit.
So your host is not the only one having trouble with technology.
As if to emphasize that thought, a couple of wires on the switchboard spark with static electricity.
Your host doesn't bother with thinking about what that could mean. He just focuses on getting out of here while still conscious. If they are coming for him, it'd probably be better if he waited for them outside.
But that might not be so easy. As he approaches the door leading out of the operator's room, he hears muffled footsteps of someone running followed by a door slamming open.
"You won't believe what's going on out there!" the newly arrived man exclaims between breaths to the until recently TV watching man.

Ike's eyes finally show him the entirety of the room he's in. They show him, amongst a circle of rubble and broken machinery, a girl lying on an operating table. Her eyes are closed, she looks unconscious, unmoving, but also tense, in pain. Besides her is something more familiar. The crystal he and Irene retrieved in the previous mission, standing in its flower-like base of black metal, glowing white.

<Target Amethyst located. Kill Target Amethyst. 1TU left.> his interface informs him.

Ike doesn't waste time. He uses every bit of strength he has left to walk towards her. He raises his automatic shotgun and fires.
The crystal flashes and crackles with static electricity. It happens too quickly for him to see, but each pellet is hit by a bolt, counteracted, deflected, melted, vaporised.
He fires again. The intensity of the explosion of light is lesser this time. Just need to weaken it enough for a bullet to get through.

He's about to fire a third time when he is interrupted by an inarticulate battlecry coming from his left. He turns and raises his shotgun above his head just in time to block Theri's knife from striking his throat. They both growl as they try to push the other back, to throw their opponent off balance. Theri kicks the man in the chest, pushing him to his knees. With another growl, she pushes the shotgun down, brings her knife closer to his head. Ike retaliates by twisting his body to the side, letting the knife strike his armour while he hits Theri's wounded abdomen with the butt of his shotgun, pushing her back.

They're about to clash again when Ike hears someone approaching him from behind. He doesn't manage to turn around before he feels a hand touch his arm. And then it feels like his blood is boiling inside his veins. His limbs start becoming more and more stiff. Everything becomes blurry, tinted red and white.
<Don't worry. This is for your own good.>
He falls to the floor, still conscious but unmoving, his body numb.
<You'll thank me about this later. If we ever meet again.>

Theri stands there, with her knife in hand, taking quick breaths, the feeling of anger still fresh. She watches as Boris (or at least the man working through his body), who had managed to sneak up to the man she was fighting, extends his arm and touches her opponent on the exposed flesh of his arm. The man's blood begins coming out of his wounds, concentrating into lines. The lines branch and split, forming a hexagonal mesh that hovers a few centimetres above his body. The mesh surrounds him like the web that envelops a spider's prey. Her opponent, now fully enveloped, falls to the ground, unmoving, his body still visible through the holes in the mesh.

"Good job." Boris congratulates her as he retracts his arm. "Knew you could handle it."
He stands still for a second, deep in thought, as if he is considering something. He looks surprisingly unhurt for a man that was standing next to an explosion. There's not even a scratch on him.
"Right! Yes." he says, talking to himself.
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a deadline to meet." he tells Theri and starts walking towards Amelia.

Zoe takes a deep breath, rolls and gets ready to shoot, executing the maneuver like she had planned... but there's nothing there. Whoever was attacking them didn't come after her like she expected. What happened to him? She needs to stop herself from bleeding out, but first she needs to make sure she won't get shot while doing so.

She grabs the nearby rubble and pulls herself into a sitting position so that she can see what's behind it. She peeks behind it, careful not to get shot by any potential attackers. Instead of enemies, she sees Boris and Awena facing each other, Awena holding a knife on her hand with an angry look on her face, while Boris is his usual relaxed and distracted self. He's saying something, but she can't hear him clearly. Between them, there's... something. Zoe is not really sure what that is. A lump of red which looks like nothing she's ever seen before, flesh, metal and burnt fabric visible through hexagonal holes in it.

Irene on the other hand knows what that is. And she can hear Boris talking, barely. She was watching through Theri's eyes as she made her angry charge, hoping to find some fire to support her with. But there was nothing around she could use. Now she is still getting information through her, although the connection has gotten worse, probably because Theri isn't as focused on it right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Congratulations to Ike. You came very close to single-handedly defeating everyone in this match. Including your teammates, although that was not entirely your fault. Better luck next time.
Don't worry about not completing your primary objective. You'll see.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 24, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »

Summon a lamp directly above my circular bit and go wander around spying on whoever else is here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 25, 2014, 12:43:59 am »

Irine
and now the final battle begins
Prepare to wrest control of the mental space Victor and I are about to share from him in segments, focusing on the key points that matter in this in sequence:
1) my previous host, the one who's will i stole, must be revived. her being forced out of this world and into the Staging Area is an acceptable version of this. Her suddenly appearing alive and well next to Zoe is acceptable. Her reviving at the site of her death, or the site of her birth, as long as it isn't going to kill her back again, is acceptable. what matters is that she is alive again, and in her OWN body, not mine, her life and memories intact (at least mostly).
2) Zoe must be protected from further harm.
3) Awena should be protected if possible (objective may need to be abandoned if implausible)
4) finally, as long as the first two conditions are met, and after the third has been assessed and attempted if plausible, then trying to change which entity gains control of this place to Stellar instead of the intended recipient is my task.
5) If I can't complete 4, then I need to make sure that the place doesn't become inhospitable to human life and objectives 1 and 2 are not undone.

Odds on my best bet is going to be to start off with an aggressive act, cutting off or restricting Victor's access to the mindspace we're going to be dualing for. Though if Theri can force him back and give me space to work...

To Theri: <Victor set us up to die fighting, and to be weakened for this final phase. be ready for his betrayal, and I expect he is ready for mine. Please help keep him from stopping me from bringing back my previous host, and fulfilling my obligation to her.>

I hope Zoe remembers what I told her, and will put me in a position to try...

Win or lose, I want to speak to her directly and thank her before I'm forced back.

Zoe
No Influence
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:55 am »

Zechariah was starting to get anxious. His host had stayed there for too long. Well, not much that Zechariah could do about it on his own, but time is still against the two of them.
He then felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. There was a realization. There was a truth that Zechariah had long since avoided, from the beginning of his journey.
One than he never, ever wanted to believe was true. Because, if it was true, then he accepted that he was the source of all of the problems that had poisoned the Medium and his friends.

No.. it can't be right. I haven't gotten this goddamn far just to.. realize that he was..
He was always in control.

>Peek out of the door carefully and observe the newcomer to the room. Wait for a moment where they are not looking and attempt to sneak past them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 25, 2014, 03:04:20 am »

<For my near-success at this, I owe three things a great deal. Firstly, explosives. Secondly, guns. Thirdly, the efforts of one Ike Wayne, without whose badassery and access to said explosives and guns I would have had a much harder time of this.>

See if I can get into whatever chatspace these chucklefucks are using. Especially that guy who came out of nowhere. See if I can speak to the dark spirits infesting these two girls, mayhap. If this works, cool! Detach from Ike Wayne a moment if that helps. Maybe check if I can perceive anything intriguing their mind-riders are doing while in this state.

I'd also say "try to resist whatever this is", but I harbor no illusions of this nature. Try to see if it's possible, at any rate. Also, see if I can perceive the consciousness of Ike Wayne here. Has assuming direct control dulled his pain in any way is what I'm wondering?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:09:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 25, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

"My name is Nikolai Slevinskyevskiovich. You broke my mug. Prepare to die.
Stab the Gene in the vitals with the jagged handle.
If he tries to use a shard as a weapon, then shrink it back down.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 25, 2014, 04:02:17 pm »

John glanced at the two fighting.  Whatever.  "Don't break the city!"

Inspect the big house.  Did my doors appear in it?  Is it mine now?

Also check the tavern.  If bartender is present, have a drink.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 25, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »

((So uh, does that mean that the explosion that took me out was C4 or something from Ike?  I'm a bit confused as to what happened there.))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:07:10 am by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 521