Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126546 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: No One Could Survive That
« Reply #2250 on: August 14, 2014, 12:33:40 am »

Not out of the clear yet, but we're getting there..

..We're getting there.

>No influence.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:23 am »

PM FTW
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2252 on: August 15, 2014, 07:10:24 am »

Alan coughs.
You are indeed a formidable opponent, liver stickman! But I shall never give in! In fact, because you've shown me such guts in insulting me so by implying I'd give up, I will

Kick the hammer off me and perform the above.
The stickman pulls the hammer back, ready to strike again.
You are indeed a formidable oppon-
*thud*
liver stickman! But I shall nev-
*thud*
give in! In fact, because you've sh-
*thud*
me such guts in insulting me so by implyi-

The final hammering is strong enough to push you through the wall and upwards a few dozen meters towards the sky and away from your opponent.
Yeah! That's right! Run away, coward!

The minifridge is, unfortunately, not stocked. Do you want try using your power to summon beers or just modify the staging area so that there are beers in your fridge?

Why not both?

Minifridge is staging-stocked.  Also summon a foam dome, complete with beers.

"So, other Entity I don't know, what's up with the next challenge then?"
You summon a foam dome, just the way you wanted it. It keeps your beer cool and your head comfortable. After stocking it with some beers from your fridge, it's ready for use.
((And thanks for teaching me how that strange beer hat thing is called, by the way.))

The crow stops cleaning its feathers and turns its head to look at you with one eye.
"Are you talking to me?"
It opens its wings and jumps from the branch it was sitting on, gliding its way towards you.
"What exactly do you want to know about? How we choose?"

PM FTW
((Speech roll? Speech roll. *rolls* Hm. *rolls again* Ha! *rolls a third time* Haha!))

"You know I’m bad.
Just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick.
I’m so mean, I make medicine sick."

To punctuate that statement you punch the cliff face next to you. Or at least you try. You somehow end up completely messing up the punch and spend the next few seconds hopping up and down while holding your hand and grunting.

<Yeah, he's bad all right. Just not in the way he means it.>

Not out of the clear yet, but we're getting there..

..We're getting there.

>No influence.
Your host dials the number. The phone rings for some time until someone answers. You can hear the click of the phone call being answered but only silence follows that.

He tries to speak. A wheezing noise comes out of his throat instead of speech. He had never tried to speak during all this time. He hadn't realized how bad he was until he heard himself try to speak. He coughs a bit, trying to clear his throat.

"Who is it? What do you want?" the voice of a woman suddenly comes through the speaker.
"Help." his voice comes with some difficulty. "I need help."
"I'm sorry, but we can't help you."
"No, wait!"

Irine
I have to trust Zoe's sense of tactics here.
Same as last time, be ready.

Zoe
No Influence
Zoe decides to keep crawling towards the gun. Without use of her leg, there's no way she can protect Amelia with her bare hands. The sound of footsteps keeps approaching her.

She manages to reach the pistol just seconds before the sound of a gunshot is heard, deafeningly loud in the silence. Her already injured leg is filled with pain once more. She fights back the pain and manages to roll into cover. Her leg has been even more horribly mangled now and is bleeding heavily. She's going to need to stop the bleeding as soon as possible.

Assuming she survives. She can hear her attacker coming closer. Zoe flips the safety off and gets ready to fire, knowing that her attacker is probably doing the same.

AHHH

. . .
Awena?. . . Awena?
Are you alright?
I...was shocked back there. I didn't know how to respond.

...I felt that.
Focus on my voice. The pain is just an indicator of a danger. You're alive. Take deep breaths.

Channel energy into host.
You can hear footsteps, coming your way. Awena stays in cover, lying down with her back against a piece of concrete, standing still, trying to calm down.

The footsteps stop. There's a click followed by a gunshot. Awena has to hold her breath to stop herself from screaming. Somewhere further away, she can hear Zoe emit something between a whimper and a groan.

The footsteps resume, coming ever closer.

<No! He is going to hurt you! Don't let him hurt you! Kill him! Slice his throat!> your entity shouts, his voice angry and with a hint of fear.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:17:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 15, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »

Irine
Zoe, please, please don't miss.
Be ready

Zoe
No Influence
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 15, 2014, 03:34:33 pm »

Well, clandestine PMs come in all shapes and colors, some got lost in the past. But this PM here is a smart one, started living for the-uh, well, it probably got sent, anyway.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: August 15, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »

"I think he's the wrong kind of special. Can't wait to go on a challenge with this guy."

Materialize a bottle of that drink. Roll it to the Gene as a peace offering.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: August 15, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

Into the air, eh?

((Start at around 3 minutes in))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 17, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »

Irene...do something. Anything. Whoever we're fighting is armed with...something that the guards Boris were wielding.

I will...try my best to distract him.

Awena, I give you my strength. We must lure whoever is out there into the melee. Ignore the pain. Pain reminds you that you are alive. That you can still fight. Move up towards a doorway and synchronize with my sight. Throw a rock or make a noise to catch their attention.

I will not let you die.

Irene. Please respond. This takes no time. It is at the speed of thought.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: August 17, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

Drink the drink, then throw it at his face
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: August 17, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

Irene...do something. Anything. Whoever we're fighting is armed with...something that the guards Boris were wielding.

Awena, I give you my strength. We must lure whoever is out there into the melee. Ignore the pain. Pain reminds you that you are alive. That you can still fight. Move up towards a doorway and synchronize with my sight. Throw a rock or make a noise to catch their attention.

I will not let you die.

((How am i supposed to respond to an internal monologue?))

((You had me confused because you aren't denoting how you're communcating. there's no quotation marks, no angle brackets, no in-text explanations, so I've been assuming you've been talking to yourself.))

<BUSY!>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:16:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: August 17, 2014, 05:20:53 pm »

No, don't lose it yet!

>Calmly, with brevity, explain your situation. Explain that this is a life or death scenario and if you don't get help soon, someone may die. Don't tell them how you ended up in this situation, just that you're gravely wounded and need attention now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: August 18, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »

The crow stops cleaning its feathers and turns its head to look at you with one eye.
"Are you talking to me?"
It opens its wings and jumps from the branch it was sitting on, gliding its way towards you.

"Yeah, you.  How do you folks pick the next challenge?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2262 on: August 19, 2014, 06:00:27 am »

((I'm going to take Tiruin's speech as an action so that I can start writing a turn so that we can finally finish this mission. You have until I finish writing it to post an action that says otherwise.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:44 am »

((...I didn't modify in a bolded statement :X Sorry Paris! That is my action!
...Sorry :S))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2264 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:20 am »

"I think he's the wrong kind of special. Can't wait to go on a challenge with this guy."

Materialize a bottle of that drink. Roll it to the Gene as a peace offering.
You make a bottle of that warm brown booze in your hand.
"Here! Peace booze. Peace booooooze! Peace booze gooooood!" you speak slowly and loudly, with exaggerated hand gestures and pointing, before rolling the bottle to the new guy.

Drink the drink, then throw it at his face.
You drink the booze. It's sweet and warm, not really how you'd expect booze to feel. But it has alcohol in it, you can taste it. You drink the whole thing in one go and it doesn't even make you light-headed.

After the drinking is done, you throw the bottle to the other guy. He seems too surprised to react as the bottle goes right for his head. The bottle impacts with great speed, shattering to many pieces. He stumbles backwards from the hit but doesn't fall.

"Hey! That's not nice! Be nice!" you hear the voice of a little boy coming from besides you. "Why did you do that? He was just trying to be friendly!"

"Are you talking to me?"

"Yeah, you.  How do you folks pick the next challenge?"

He glides until he reaches you and flies a small circle around your head.

"Oh, theoretically it's rather simple. We get all our avatars together, each makes a suggestion in order of seniority (if they have a suggestion to make), then talk and talk some more until we all decide what we want. Usually by vote, if we can't reach consensus."

He lands on top of your hat, hitting you with a small gust of wind in the process. He's a bit heavy, but not uncomfortably so.

"There are some rules of course. There always are. For example, you can't propose a mission on a world belonging to one of us without the Owner's permission, if the Owner does not participate in the Games. That wouldn't really be fair, would it?"

He bends his body to look at you with in the eye with one of its black eyes. It's kind of unnerving to have his beak so close to your eyes.

"The same curtsey is not offered to those poor poor Outsiders though." he adds with some mock sadness, flailing his wings about a bit in an exaggerated manner. "And while we are deciding, we are... sort of locked out from the rest of the outside world. So that nobody tries to get smart, modify their world to make the challenge harder or easier. And after we choose, the world the challenge takes place becomes locked, for the same reason. Well, not fully locked, that would be terribly expensive and bad for some things in that world. But locked enough it makes it hard enough to get something through undetected without using the Players. And saying some things to the players is usually forbidden, so that doesn't happen often. Sometimes we may even be forced to remove some or all of the proceedings from memory to ensure that nobody gets knowledge they aren't supposed to. I'm saddened when that happens though, some of the arguing is pretty funny. And informative."

He stops looking at you and emits a caw.

"Of course that doesn't prevent us from making 'behind the scenes' discussions, having some people decide what to vote or how to act beforehand."

"Once a suggestion for a Challenge is made, we discuss it a little bit. Try to find the one that works the best. Make suggestions to improve it. Work out what the reward should be. Decide if and  how we're going to observe the challenge. We can voice objections. But all those are mostly meaningless. The one who proposes the Challenge is responsible for organizing it and has the final say for all aspects. With one exception. "

He flies down to the fridge next to you and looks at you again.

"If a Challenge takes place in the world of someone other than the Issuer and we decide to do that challenge, then the Owner of that world can use his Veto. The Proposer and the Owner then must find a compormise. If that doesn't work, then the collective must reach a consensus about what the compromise should be. If that doesn't work, then we vote. And if THAT doesn't work then the challenge is removed from consideration and we are forced to choose another one. But I've never seen that last one happen yet. Then again, I haven't been in the Games from the start. Another might know."

"Of course, like always, the rules aren't absolute. If we all agree beforehand, we can decide to ignore some of them. For example, in your previous mission, he gave you this thing" he hits your spear with his beak a couple of times, causing it to produce dull metal ringing sound "thus breaking the 'World stays locked' rule. They thought it would be safer that way, not giving you the spears beforehand, in case you were captured."

"But if one breaks the rules and we find out... well, it won't be very pleasant for the rule breaker."

He caws a couple of times and bobs his head up and down.

<So, in short, imagine a bunch of children sitting in a locked room, trying to decide what game they'll have their dolls play, based on a loose set of rules that aren't always adhered to, depending on the whims of the collective.>

<You make it sound so misleadingly simple.>

<Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't true.>

Into the air, eh?

((Start at around 3 minutes in))
This video contains content from BBTV_SonyPictures, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.
But I assume you meant this.
Uhhh... Yet I do not understand what exactly you mean by that. So time for interpretation.

You point your hands behind you and summon an extra large couch. Its cloth cover acts like a parachute, slowing it down. Your feet touch it, bend and then you jump. You jump forward and downwards. Back to the field of battle.

But you're still falling and you're not yet close enough. So you summon more couches, shooting them in front of you. You jump from couch to couch like a frog hops from water lilly to water lily, making your way closer to your enemy with each leap. You are right above the target building now.

Bombardment with a small stream of washing machines serves as a battering ram with which to demolish the roof. A tiny fly swatter shall be the weapon with which to smite your enemy. And, finally, to break your fall, you summon a... nothing. You try again. Still nothing.

A thought akin to "oh crap" goes through your mind as you fall through the hole in the roof. Not an exclamation of fear or anger, merely a thought, two words reflexively appearing in the mind of someone who has been screwed over by the gods of luck time and time again. A thought you can see reflected in the face of your enemy a few milliseconds before you smash into him with terminal velocity. With both meanings of the word terminal.

You're not really sure what happened next, how the Staging Area chose to protect you. Even though there was no pain, there was a lot of white and black, many things touching you and much spinning around and general confusion. All you know is that what feels a few seconds later, you find yourself lying in a small Alan-shaped crater, looking at the sky as the building you were in collapses around you.

No, don't lose it yet!

>Calmly, with brevity, explain your situation. Explain that this is a life or death scenario and if you don't get help soon, someone may die. Don't tell them how you ended up in this situation, just that you're gravely wounded and need attention now.
"I'm bleeding! I am going to die if-"
"Like I said, can't help you, we're not a hospital."
"I can't go to a hospital!"
"Listen man, we've got our own problems, we can't-"
She pauses for a second.
"None of your business! Just stay there!" you hear her yelling, not talking to your host.
"There is a man there with you! He knows me! He made a delivery to me two months ago. Tell him it's the man from The Sunrise!"
There is more silence and the sound of something being dragged against her microphone.

I will not let you die.

Awena hesitates for a second. She gets up and tries to run away. She can feel the bullet fragments biting her flesh as she moves.

There is a flash of light and a loud bang coming from behind her. The noise echoes, like lightning has just struck.

She reaches a point that looks like a doorway (or what's left of one anyway) and hides behind it. As she reaches down to pick up a piece of rubble, you momentarily take control. Her pain becomes your own. Now you can feel the wounds as if they were on your flesh. You ignore the pain and instead focus on the throw.

You get out from behind the doorway, just enough to catch a glimpse of your attacker.
He has the overall shape of a human, but he looks more like some sort of demon. A head made of metal painted dull green. A face made of black plastic, with two large plastic cylinders for a mouth. Two human eyes hiding behind cracked glass. A body covered in singed dark green fabric, with burnt and bleeding flesh visible under it, in the places the fabric does not cover. White things like cracked marble showing through the holes in the fabric on his chest. Feet made of slightly melted plastic. A large black thing, similar to the weapons the guards were wielding but larger and more cylinder shaped hanging from his shoulder by a sling. And fire floating a few meters in front of him.

You throw the rock and get back into cover before you can see whether or not he took the bait. Half a second later you hear a metal ringing, like your rock just hit a metal pot. You ready your knife.

Irine
Zoe, please, please don't miss.
Be ready

Zoe
No Influence
Zoe hears a click, following by something metal falling to the ground. Before she can think about what that means, she sees a blur flying over her head and then there is only light and dizziness. Her ears hurt and she can only hear a ringing noise.
Nonono, this can't happen now!
She tries to get better by sheer willpower. Unfortunately, the human body doesn't work like that. But there is nothing else she can do.
So she is left blindly crawling away from her position, trying to get some distance between her and her attacker. She needs more time to recover if she is going to face him.

Her sight is slowly returning.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:45:12 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 521