Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127034 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Core of the Problem
« Reply #2160 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:35 am »

Irine
I need to keep him pressured and preoccupied
To Victor: <I'm still hearing explosions. Why?>
Keep piling the situational pressure on Victor, implying that I want to destroy the facility and am only just barely keeping myself restrained as Boris's men continue to report their failures and deaths over the radio.

Zoe
No Influence
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:08 am »

<Nice shooting, though! I wonder when we're going to run into the objective. Ike Wayne wants blood!>

>Get to cover, then move carefully to investigate the shooting noises - things are getting right fishy about now, it seems. As well as very much critical! Maybe you'll get to shoot somebody who these rebel assholes will dearly miss at last!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 14, 2014, 09:35:32 pm »

EH

Cartwheel out into the aether!

Hey Rhymerer, how's it going?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2163 on: July 16, 2014, 07:39:47 am »

Zechariah was confused. To this point, he couldn't remember what the interface could be sounding off for.
Erm... is that good or bad? Please, please let it be good. I'd even take neutral, if it was a thing at this time. Just not bad. My host has already danced with death, I don't need it to go any farther than this...

>Check the interface. See if it does anything out of the ordinary. If not, stay behind the dumpster and... take your coat off, if you have one. Leave just the undershirt and your pants, and rustle yourself up a bit - leave your hair undone and all. Wrap the coat over your torso to hide any obvious bullet wounds. If possible, tear up a bit of fabric from the coat or your shirt and use it to wrap up any small wounds. Other than that, keep your wits about you and hide behind the dumpster. If someone arrives and they don't seem friendly, act like a disheveled homeless person. Better to feign weakness than to be captured again. Use the Shadow to hide your face and voice if needed.

It's a long stretch, but anything I can use to help him live will do for now.
Well, that's a reasonably good plan. If it wasn't for one small detail:
There's nothing belonging to your host around here. Not even his clothes.
The paramedics stripped him for some emergency treatment, so he's been walking around with hospital clothes ever since. He's wearing something kinda like a hospital gown but made from some sort of synthetic material. And he doesn't exactly have a mirror to look into, but he feels like something's on his back, probably bandages or similar.

As for your interface, it's just beeping from time to time, the beep accompanied by its blue-tinted screen lighting up with an orange light. The interval between the beeping appears to be getting shorter.
It hasn't happened before but it's not currently doing something else. So unless it's going to explode or similar, you're probably going to be fine.
Well, as fine as one in your situation can be, anyway. Your host is not exactly in top shape.
He really needs to reach a phone and call someone to help him. Someone to hide him from the police. Otherwise, either his injuries will kill him or the Agency will find him and hang him as a traitor. And he isn't very certain about which of the two would be worse.

Bryan
Think I strained myself a bit there.  Hope I don't burn out, I still have so much I need to do. 
Use telekinesis to put out as much of the fire as possible.  At least a clear path to the door.

Faron
Any water hose or fire extinguisher nearby he can use?
There are no fire extinguishers around that you can see (abandoned warehouses tend to not comply with safety regulations for some reason) but there are some pipes around here. They might hold some water in them, if he's lucky. If he breaks one on the right spot...

While your host inspect his surroundings, both to consider alternatives and to ensure nobody will sneak up on him from behind, you focus on clearing a path using a more direct approach.

You focus on "pushing" the flames and the air surrounding them down, hoping to extinguish them by smashing them into the ground, thus depriving them of oxygen. But the moment you begin to do so, you encounter resistance, like someone pushing you back. It's weak at first, like you caught that opposing force by surprise, which allows you to gain some ground, but it quickly matches you in strength. After a few seconds, you've only managed to make a small impact on the fire and already it's beginning to strain you.

Meanwhile, your host catches sight of that heavily armoured man again, a small distance to his right. He has just stumbled from behind a metal box and seems to be in a bit of trouble, as a guard has managed to jump on to him and is currently trying to stab him.

You on the other hand can see from this angle that he has an interface too, a metal shackle taking up most of his lower arm with a spherical portion sporting a round glass screen embedded in it, almost like a watch. It's quite similar to the one on your arm, except for the fact that his screen seems to be transparent and not red like yours. And it's a bit bigger, to account for his armour.

Your host is unsure about whether or not he should do anything about it. On one hand, taking care of both of them right here would eliminate an unknown variable that might cause problems further down the road. Their objectives might not align. On the other hand, the guards are hostile to that man as well, so that means he would be a useful distraction at the very least.

Irine
I need to keep him pressured and preoccupied
To Victor: <I'm still hearing explosions. Why?>
Keep piling the situational pressure on Victor, implying that I want to destroy the facility and am only just barely keeping myself restrained as Boris's men continue to report their failures and deaths over the radio.

Zoe
No Influence
<Boy, you really are impatient. I already told you I'm taking care of it as best I can. What more do you want? I can't leave this place and take care of it myself, can I?>

You feel something in the fire barrier you had created near the door. You weren't really controlling the flames at this point, you were mostly just giving them nudges to prevent them from dissipating too quickly. But even that was enough to feel something "pushing" against you. or more accurately against your fire. You quickly respond, trying to match whatever is doing this and counteract it, using the resistance to judge where you must apply more force (since you can't actually see the fire). You're not in what would be called an optimal situation both regarding using your power and judging its effects, but despite that, you don't think you've lost much ground. Looks like whoever's doing this isn't as strong as you. Or maybe they're just not as good in manipulating fire as you. For now.

Meanwhile, Awena continues talking to Zoe, quietly relaying the information she has received as best as she can understand it. At the same time, Zoe keeps an eye on Boris. A guard returns after a while and quietly tells him something.

<Second squad is moving in now. See? That will take care of them. And if they somehow manage to get through the door, then I will take care of them.>

<Nice shooting, though! I wonder when we're going to run into the objective. Ike Wayne wants blood!>

>Get to cover, then move carefully to investigate the shooting noises - things are getting right fishy about now, it seems. As well as very much critical! Maybe you'll get to shoot somebody who these rebel assholes will dearly miss at last!
Your host rolls and falls off the roof of the small structure, running towards one of the boxes for cover while checking the area around him for enemies. Besides an unconscious (or dead, can't really tell from here) half-burnt guard lying in a corner, you can't see anyone else.

Once you reach the box, you take a peek from the side. There's a man there, looking through a door and the burning hallway it leads to. He's well dress, although his clothes have taken some abuse. He has a bullet hole on his abdomen and another on his shoulder, although he doesn't appear overly bothered by that. One hand holds a large pistol (and an interface, which only you can see), while the other has been very badly burnt and is oozing... hmm... it looks like blood, but not quite. It's colour seems lighter than blood should be and-

At that moment your host hears something impacting the concrete behind him. Before he can do more than start raising his hand, something heavy hits him from behind, causing him to stumble out of cover and almost pushing him to the ground. He feels the extra weight on his back. He barely manages to intercept a hand holding a knife that was on a collision course with his neck.

"Logic puzzles? Whatcha got?"
"Let's see... Oh, I got it."
He takes flight and moves in a circle high above you.
"It's rather simple, really. A test of creativity and quick thinking."
He dives towards you, his eyes glowing blue followed by his entire body lighting up with blue light.
"I'll give you power..."
A lightning bolt flies from him, passing right through you and hitting the ground below your feet, causing your entire body to tingle.
"...and you have to catch me..."
The ground below you begins crumbling, cracks spreading outwards from the scorch mark created by the thunderbolt. Before you can do anything, it has become a hole in which everything around you, debris, water from the stream and first and foremost yourself fall.
"If you can!"
You plummet into the hole while your entity flies past you, the blue light it's emitting reflected by the walls of the tunnel as it dives further down the hole.

Well then, looks like you're going to have to catch him. But that's probably not the entirety of this challenge...

Grab the wires with my injured hand and wrap them around it and pull. Tsar slash with my other hand.
Displaying formidable endurance, you continue ignoring the pain coming from your injuries. Instead of coming towards her to lessen the pain like your opponent expected, you instead decide to pull. She is utterly surprised by this, so much so in fact that your pull manages to throw her off her feet and face first on the ground in front of you. Your injuries appear to have been aggravated by this, but this doesn't overly concern you. Because the important thing now is that you have a clear shot at your enemy.

You put all your strength in the knife slash, both natural and supernatural. The implement transforms as it falls toward its target, becoming more like a short yet broad sword than a knife. She tries to roll out of the way but she isn't fast enough. You manage to stab her on the side of her abdomen, near the waist. The position of the blow allows her to roll away with a pained growl, leaving only your blood stained Swiss army sword embedded in the dirt, but it is a serious injury. You can see blood quickly soaking her black shirt.

EH

Cartwheel out into the aether!

Hey Rhymerer, how's it going?
Your attempt to cartwheel ends rather poorly when your hit a wall like a wrecking ball made of fat and your head gets embedded in the wall. You're stuck there, your head in one room and your body in another, while your neck is in a sandwich of thick and sturdy drywall. What's worse, the room you're in appears to be some kind of kitchen. And your head is right above one of those kitchen friers they use at restaurants, full of potatoes swimming in boiling oil.

"It's going fine, I have to say
I seldom have, such fine a day,
with blood and battle, every which way,
arrayed around me, like bales of hay.
Then there are other things, like hey!
Your actions funny, I find them; yay!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:54:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:33 am »

Quickly turn into a falcon, and put my body into the diving pose.

Hey, it's the fastest I've got.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 16, 2014, 08:57:18 am »

<Oh hey, would you look at that!>

Question: does my host get the use of my powers only when I've assumed direct control?

If yes, assume direct control, then draw my machine pistol (I presume I have a free hand - if not, free one up and dodge) with all the quickness I can muster and teach this fellow a point-blank lesson in manners.

If not, command time!

>You probably have quite a bit of training on how to deal with a situation like this - feel free to use it!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:22 am »

John scratches his head.  "So Zero, is my review coming when the mission debrief comes?  And how's the other team doing?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:02:01 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:15 am »

Retrieve sword and finish her off. Kick her in the wound if my sword is too stuck.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 16, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »

Ooh, patatas!

Punch the wall! Try to get through!
Sig! Onol

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:05 pm »

Bryan
Her again.  Seems we keep butting heads.  Such a shame she seems like one of the more reasonable contestants.  Let's hope that science and nature still hold some weight with this fire.  That man will probably be fine.If Faron's action doesn't work try to push the air away from the fire.

Faron
Break the pipes to put out the fire.  If the fire goes out go down the hallway, otherwise get into cover.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2170 on: July 16, 2014, 09:08:00 pm »

Quickly turn into a falcon, and put my body into the diving pose.

Hey, it's the fastest I've got.
You raise your wing and shout "FALCOOOON! FORM!" as you transform into a falcon and dive after the glowing blue raven. The transformation feels a lot easier than it should. Maybe too easy. It doesn't take much focus nor does it consume much biomass. It still requires about the same amount of time to happen though, maybe a bit less.
"Good, you can fly!" you hear the shouting of your entity coming up the rock shaft. "Let me give you something to motivate you to keep up!" he adds and lets out a ball of blue light with a flash of light. You easily avoid it, since it wasn't aimed at you, but a few seconds later, you hear the crackle of thunder behind you and the tunnel is lit by a cyan light coming from behind you. You turn your head to take a peek (one of the advantages of being a bird: bending your neck at extreme angles) only to see a glowing wall of blue a dozen or so meters behind you. It appears to be somehow tied to your target, given how as you draw closer to him, the wall gets farther away.

"Been through tunnels, fat and narrow~" your entity begins croaking the melody, or at least trying to. Ravens aren't known for their melodious voices, after all. I guess you could say he's croaking it for a certain definition of the word croaking.

Lightning bolts shoot out of his body, hitting the tunnel as it passes through it. From the glowing scorch marks, spikes begin to form, creating a barrier in front of you, leaving only few gaps large enough for you to pass through. You can see a second barrier forming behind the first one through the gaps.

========================>========================o
((The better you do, the closer you get. Give good answers and you'll reach it in no time. This should help you get some ideas about using your ability, or at least some food for thought.))

John scratches his head.  "So Zero, is my review coming when the mission debrief comes?  And how's the other team doing?
<Certain information about that mission is not available for multiple reasons. Clarify.>
<Please stand by while a review is being compiled...>

((That's the second time you accidentally used the wrong colour. Not that I mind, you can use whatever colour you want. Just making a note.))

Retrieve sword and finish her off. Kick her in the wound if my sword is too stuck.
You easily pull the sword out of the dirt (it's not like it's stuck in a stone) and move towards your opponent menacingly. You thrust your sword towards her, aiming for her head, but she easily avoids it, moving out of the way, at the same time pushing herself upwards with one hand, putting herself behind you and to your left.
You feel something small pushing against your left ankle and shoulder.

Ooh, patatas!

Punch the wall! Try to get through!
You punch the wall with all your strength, pushing with your legs at the same time. You get through the wall all right. You perform a double backflip and fall face first into the small pool of boiling oil, flinging potatoes, debris and cooking oil everywhere and half-burying yourself in a mound of half-baked potatoes and debris, resting upon the still burning cooking implement. If you weren't protected from damage right now, that would really hurt.

The cooks hold out oil-stained score cards above their heads. Hey, that guy only gave you a three! Damn that East German cook...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 16, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »

Swap to a finch to fit through, and when I'm all through, return to falcon form.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 16, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

((That's the second time you accidentally used the wrong colour. Not that I mind, you can use whatever colour you want. Just making a note.))

((I'll note that maroon and limegreen are next to each other in the dropdown.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:56 pm »

Only a three? This is a hallucination worthy of Oxford-class acid! How dare you!

Summon big wooden spoon and slap German chef silly.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 16, 2014, 11:57:20 pm »

That's her batons I feel on my ankle and shoulder, right? That can't be good. Pull on the wires as hard as I can with both hands and kick backwards.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 521