Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126662 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Explosion, it does the body bad.
« Reply #2010 on: June 10, 2014, 04:26:24 pm »

<"Ow,ow... Okay, I'm trying to find a way out before it blows. If you don't hear from me in five minutes, assume I'm dead and blow the thing to hell.>"
Try to find a way out of the BETA's guts. Is there any wires or cables to grasp onto? If so, grab onto them and climb all the way up them with my strong arm. When at the top, see if there's any holes leading out or at least to a less precarious position.
(Well, if there is any exits below, I would gladly take them.)
((Just trying to make sure you don't die because of a misunderstanding. Because if John dies, you win by default, so staying alive is in your favour.))

With all the grace of a drunk elephant, you make your way downwards, using your one good arm to grab things and keep yourself from falling. Eventually, you reach the hole you used to enter and stand on the BETA's bent armour, near where the abdomen or groin would be on a human.

You can see the chest armour plates above you moving. There's the sound of metal being dragged on metal, followed by some of the plates crashing on the ground below.

Slight change of plan- throw the first bomb just generally at the arms as a distraction, then yes, charge in for the goal.

((The other plan is to just to throw bombs at the arms, fly out, detonate, get more bombs and try again, but that's boring.))
((I'm going to interpret first as "first summoned".))

You take aim, spin and throw your first bomb through the entry to the BETA's central area. Your throw lacks the strength to reach either of the two spheres and the arms clustered around them.

But it is strong enough to reach the robotic arm guarding this entry to the central area. The bomb gets stuck on one of its joints, the soft plasticine-like material slipping through the gaps in the joint and getting wedged there.

The arm jerks and turns its tip around to inspect the unknown object with its sensors. After staring at it for a few milliseconds, it detaches from its rails and plummets downwards.

While this is happening, you aren't standing around with your arms crossed. You take advantage of the distraction and use it to fly towards the power sphere as fast as you can.

Most of the arms guarding the entrances to the central area retreat towards the information sphere, while the few clustered around the power sphere move to intercept you.

You try the same trick again, flying straight through them without dodging, but this time it doesn't work as well. The BETA has learned from its past mistake and has an arm coming straight at you. And this one is sporting a very nasty buzz-saw.

You manage to veer to the side a bit but the saw still manages to strike your left arm. The force of the blow is the first thing that hits you, making you twist in the air and loose your orientation, the fact that you can no longer use one of the jetpack's joysticks not helping one bit. The pain comes a moment later, clouding your vision and your thoughts. You continue moving forward, more out of momentum than any effort on your part, until you eventually hit something (it feels like a tangled mess of thick cables and smooth armour) and manage to grab on to some wires with your other hand to prevent yourself from falling.

You barely resist passing out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 10, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »

((Thanks so much Parisbre. :) ))
Theri
Argh, sorry Awena! I-..I should stop trying to take authority here! Just tell me what you need and I'm at your disposal.

Act as servant to Awena. Provide aid.
Also try to focus energies onto her body--stabilize her condition and get her in healthy condition.
Also thank the man--don't influence Awena, just say it from my cozy place here.

Irene

Focus on current vicinity and achieve some respite--how is Zoe doing? Is Amelia Ok? Boris, what about him? What is he doing? Any notes on our attackers?
Try to sense the current area.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:04:02 pm by Tiruin »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

Nikolai yells at the tv screen
"Come on! I went through all that effort of crippling the robot and you're just gonna let it win? Hurry up and destroy the damn thing! I want my levelup."

Keep watching the tv with Angel and Rune. Switch it to dramatic black and white.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 10, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »

Rune decided that he had had enough of this TV. He walked up to it, switching to a silverback gorilla as he walked. He picked up the tv, and tried to smash it.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 10, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »

Rune decided that he had had enough of this TV. He walked up to it, switching to a silverback gorilla as he walked. He picked up the tv, and tried to smash it.
Shoot Rune with a electric ballista before he can do this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:40 pm »

<<Agghh... shit!  It nailed me again.  Aborting now, coming back for another go!>>

Stick another bomb (doesn't matter which) on whatever it is I'm stuck to, then take the fastest way out.  Throw the last bomb behind me as I go- aim is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:53:22 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:45 pm »

"Can you leave some bombs for me? I'm close to getting out... just in case you bite it."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 10, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »

<<Problem is they're on a detonator.  I'd have to make another one, and I'm a bit busy trying to not die.  If we get clear I'll make you one.>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:18 pm »

Noises of attentionYYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN. ACTION GO GO GO

[rudeness intensifies]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:33 pm »

Nikolai yells at the tv screen
"Come on! I went through all that effort of crippling the robot and you're just gonna let it win? Hurry up and destroy the damn thing! I want my levelup."

Keep watching the tv with Angel and Rune. Switch it to dramatic black and white.
"Hey! I liked the--"

"No!"
Get some kind of immobilization ability and use it to, um, immobilize Rune.
Also switch the TV back to cartoon mode.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 11, 2014, 05:29:45 am »

How do both of you know what I'm going to do, before I do it, hmmm? Maybe you should wait until after I've made my intentions clear, and the TV is in several pieces.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 11, 2014, 07:58:09 am »

How do both of you know what I'm going to do, before I do it, hmmm? Maybe you should wait until after I've made my intentions clear, and the TV is in several pieces.
Why else would you be turning into a large, muscular, silverback gorilla? We're not idiots, you know.
Besides, your intentions would be 100% clear by the time you raise your fist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 11, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »

First- I might be going over to raise the volume, and becoming a gorilla is unintentional. Second- I'm PICKING UP the TV to SQUISH it. You'd be a bit surprised.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »

First: Yeah, right.
Second: After being killed by a demonic spiderbot and a giant modular demonbot, I don't think Angel's going to be surprised by a gorilla smashing a TV.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 11, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

((To be honest, you did pick up the Tv. What was apparent was...))

Rune walked up to the Tv, switching to a silverback gorilla as he walked and picked up the tv.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 521