Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126014 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Explosion, it does the body bad.
« Reply #1935 on: May 23, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

After all that hopping and dodging and walljumping, Jordan momentarily thinks Wow. I just did that. If I saw that in a movie, I'd call bullshit.
<"Hey, John, you going to blow that bomb or what? I think I can reach it if I move fast.">
He has already done that. It's why the BETA can't move. And why it has a giant hole in its torso.
Otherwise you'd have to climb up to its head or try to get in through its joints, which could get dangerous.
Hmm. Is there a way I could try to do both at once? If so, do that. If not...movie.
Nope, either movie or hurting helpless killers.
So I guess I'll do the Mystery Mountain scene next.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 23, 2014, 01:34:50 pm »

<Boy, am I glad they're not my eardrums, technically!> Ike thinks to himself, trying to stay positive.

Put the helmet back on, load another rocket into the RPG and fire it at an area slightly to the right or to the left of the entrance - whichever seems most explodable and likely to cause catastrophic structural damage and isn't covered by the rectangle.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:32:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 23, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

Grab the teammate that dodged the rocket fist, and fly him over to the giant hole inside the B.E.T.A.'s chest. Release him inside, and leave him to his own devices. Afterwards, go over to any wires that seem to be leading towards the arm with the laser lightning, and fry them with fire breath.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 23, 2014, 02:36:32 pm »

<<I hear it shooting- how bad is it hurt?>>

Summon up a medical suite with bandages and self-injecting blood units.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 23, 2014, 02:49:20 pm »

My host should be grateful this movie is so damn entertaining.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 23, 2014, 03:24:03 pm »

"Dundrop me youthtupi" Nikolai begins to say unintelligably, before switching to the telepathic comunication.
<<Don't drop me yet, that would be unwise. I'm dropping a firebomb on it.>>
When the dragon picks me up, hang on and don't let him drop me.
Light my bag of molotovs on fire, tsar it, and drop it in the hole when Rune flies over.

Backup plan is to keep walking to the crash site.

To John:
<<It is nearly dead. You did a good job, comrade.>>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:38 pm »

Bryan
<"Don't worry about distracting me, it's always nice to talk to somebody, even if that person doesn't agree with what I think.  As to being late, this could be beneficial to me.  If the explosions are distracting people, then maybe I can get closer before I am seen.  I still have a chance.">

Faron
Keep driving.  If I get to the building stop a block away and look for an entrance away from the commotion.

That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1942 on: May 24, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »

Grab the teammate that dodged the rocket fist, and fly him over to the giant hole inside the B.E.T.A.'s chest. Release him inside, and leave him to his own devices. Afterwards, go over to any wires that seem to be leading towards the arm with the laser lightning, and fry them with fire breath.
"Dundrop me youthtupi" Nikolai begins to say unintelligably, before switching to the telepathic comunication.
<<Don't drop me yet, that would be unwise. I'm dropping a firebomb on it.>>
When the dragon picks me up, hang on and don't let him drop me.
Light my bag of molotovs on fire, tsar it, and drop it in the hole when Rune flies over.

Backup plan is to keep walking to the crash site.

To John:
<<It is nearly dead. You did a good job, comrade.>>
Nikolai stands up and starts limping towards the downed BETA once more. He can hear the same buzzing noise that preceded the rocket punch coming from the giant robot again, but this time it's much louder. He looks at its arm stump. It has a hole, like a tube is running through the centre of the arm. The hole is glowing.

There's the sound of something ripping through the air behind him. Before he has a chance to react, he feels something grabbing him from the shoulders. Its an awkward grip, the grabber's claws digging into his shoulders and causing some discomfort. He's about to panic, when he looks up and sees that whatever manner of flying reptilian has grabbed him has an interface around its leg. Guess that means its on their side.

The flying reptile is significantly slowed by their collision. It's flapping its wing furiously, trying with all its strength to lift Nikolai up.
And it's failing. It can't fly away from the BETA quickly enough.

The rumbling intensifies and a burst of fire comes out of the hole, bathing the surrounding area with orangeblue flames. The recoil pushes the BETA's limp arm away from its body, spraying the fire across the street. Nikolai and the dragon can do little but watch the wall of flames approaching them. Their pushed backwards by the strength of the blast. Their skin melts when it comes into contact with the burning high grade spacecraft fuel. They hit a wall.

<Player 11 disconnected.>

The limp body of the dragon falls down to the fire-filled street, its skull crushed by the impact. Preceding it is Nikolai, barely alive. He gasps for air as he falls but finds himself unable to breathe, the inside of his lungs destroyed along with most of his skin. Gravity mercifully puts him out of his misery and into the embrace of the darkness.

<Player 9 disconnected.>

Rune and Nikolai find themselves with no body, no feelings, no sight, no anything but their thoughts. All else is darkness.

Disconnected. Attempting to reconnect...

Spoiler: Rolls to Death (click to show/hide)

After all that hopping and dodging and walljumping, Jordan momentarily thinks Wow. I just did that. If I saw that in a movie, I'd call bullshit.
<"Hey, John, you going to blow that bomb or what? I think I can reach it if I move fast.">
You keep running. You get between the BETA's legs, rushing to get inside it when you hear a rumbling coming from your right. The rumbling intensifies when you start climbing up the BETA's torso, using the cracks in the armour as handholds. You glance towards the right, just in time to see two of your teammates disappear behind a pillar of orangeblue fire. You turn your head forward and keep climbing.
You reach the hole in the BETA's armour and climb inside. Its insides are a mix of wires and metal bones, with few gaps between them for small robotic arms to move through while larger robotic arms extend from the bones to hold the BETA's metal armour in place. The wires and bones are burnt and melted from whatever explosive John detonated inside it. The few robotic arms that remain intact hang limply from their rails. Everything around here looks destroyed. Looks like you're going to have to get higher still if you want to find whatever piece of the BETA is still functioning.
<Player 9 disconnected.>
And it sounds like you can't count on your teammates for help.

<<I hear it shooting- how bad is it hurt?>>

Summon up a medical suite with bandages and self-injecting blood units.
You pocket the pills and try summoning something to help with your bleeding, some sort of automated doctor.
You summon a plastic toy doctor doll, complete with detachable futuristic-looking stethoscope-like device.
Lady luck is not on your side right now, it seems.
The tentacled form of light keeps moving inside the BETA, waving its appendages left and right, as if it is taunting you with what it can do.
It looks smaller and less bright now, like it has retreated towards the BETA's chest and arms.

There's a rumbling down on the street. When the noise reaches its peak, there's a burst of orange light coming from below, followed by a wave of heat.
If that turned out to be the streets opening up to reveal hell below, you wouldn't be very surprised.
<Player 9 disconnected.>
Looks like it's all up to you and the merc now...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:15:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 24, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

Jordan was alone. Luckily, this was his preferable state.

<"Looks like it's up to us, John. I'm inside and going up. Let's hope I can find whatever wire I have to pull out to shut this bitch down.">

Start climbing, draw gun if I still have it. If there is any important seeming wires within reach, rip them out. Keep going until any possible power source appears within vision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 24, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »

Rune's crushed corpse twitched, then stopped moving.

Rune sighed. That had HURT. He glanced around, seeing nothing. He tried to contact anything. "Hello? Anyone out there?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

<<Shit, it blasted them both?  I'm still pretty hurt, so you better stop it from shooting if you can.  I've done what I could; trying to patch myself up isn't going well.>>

Try again.  Without medical aid I'm not helpful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1946 on: May 25, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

Jordan was alone. Luckily, this was his preferable state.

<"Looks like it's up to us, John. I'm inside and going up. Let's hope I can find whatever wire I have to pull out to shut this bitch down.">

Start climbing, draw gun if I still have it. If there is any important seeming wires within reach, rip them out. Keep going until any possible power source appears within vision.
You start climbing. The inside of the BETA was obviously not designed to be traversed by humans. It might have been a spaceship once, but now it has been transformed and enhanced by the various manufacturing equipment it was carrying into something more akin a human body. As such, you have to resort to hanging onto broken robotic arms and broken pieces of metal supports, grabbing onto molten wires and clinging onto rails, making your way through the various maintenance passageways used by the robotic arms. Your ability makes it too easy.

As you keep climbing upwards like a character out of a Ubisoft game, your surroundings begin to change. They are less damaged now, less burnt. You come across a few robotic arms that jerk around a bit, trying but failing to function.

Finally, you reach the centre of the BETA, a more wide open area that allows you to take a look at your surroundings while you ready your futuristic silenced pistol.
In the centre of the area are two armoured spheres about twice or thrice the height of a human, with a great number of wires connected to them.
There are about a dozen robotic arms in here, moving along their rails and doing various tasks. They're many jointed, a bit bigger in length then your arm and made of plastic and metal, with various sensors and tools attached near their tip.
A few of them are cannibalising parts from the surrounding area and are feeding them into a large cube. The cube in turn provides them with the parts they are using to construct what looks like a robotic arm and leg for one of the spheres and attaching them to it.
The others are working on repairing the surrounding area, working chiefly on reconnecting various wires to the two spheres or laying new wires.

It looks like you haven't been noticed yet.

You're starting to feel tired. You've got maybe about 10 seconds before your ability stops working, if that. After that, you're as good as a normal human. A tired normal human.

<<Shit, it blasted them both?  I'm still pretty hurt, so you better stop it from shooting if you can.  I've done what I could; trying to patch myself up isn't going well.>>

Try again.  Without medical aid I'm not helpful.
You need some aid for your leg. Any aid, you aren't being picky, just got to get something to allow you to walk and make the bleeding stop. Any thing will do.

You focus on the general idea of medical help. Nothing too fancy or complicated, just something helpful, leaving the rest to your subconscious, your instincts, your power, your soul or however you want to call that part of you that causes the lack of control in your powers, your inability to gain precisely what you want unless you hold a complete mental image of what you want and concentrate on it fully. You let your power build within you, gather all the concentration you can muster and then release, only concentrating in keeping your ability working after that.

Small triangular pieces of a copper-coloured metal start materialising near your leg and hovering around it. You are not exactly sure about what kind of leg brace this is going to build or... Wait a second... All those pieces of metal have pointy edges and... the edges are pointing towards your leg.

Before you can make the decision to stop your ability, all the metal shards jerk towards your leg, embedding themselves in the flesh and the part of your bones that are still intact.

You don't scream. You don't feel pain or disgust. It's more of a shock. The sudden realisation that this happened. That you're going to see your leg being butchered right before your eyes.
When the pain eventually comes a fraction of a second later, you manage to block it all like some kind of Zen master, thinking coldly and logically. You can't let your concentration falter now. Whatever your ability is doing, it has just ruined your leg and caused a lot more bleeding. The only thing you can hope for is that when it's done, you'll end up being better than right now. Otherwise, you're as good as dead.

More metal pieces embed themselves in your leg and twist to form links between the metal triangles of varying size, removing most flesh in the process. You close your eyes, focusing solely on maintaining your power. Can't watch. But the sound is still there.

After some time, you feel something twisting around your upper thigh and firmly holding onto it. And then there's nothing. The pain is still there but there is no more change, no more noise.
You open your eyes to see a metal leg with pointy edges in place of your old one, lying besides blood and minced meat, some of it hanging from the crevices formed between some of the triangles. It hangs on to your thigh by means of a metal band that is tightly bent around it, acting as a tourniquet at the same time.
Your multivision helmet allows you to see how the new limb has also latched onto your bone, the metal pieces embedding themselves in it enough to cause friction while not fracturing it. Almost no flesh remains.

You push your torso up with your hands and try moving your newly constructed peg leg experimentally. It pains you to move it too quickly and it is not very flexible, yet it is surprisingly lightweight and durable. Probably not made of copper then, at least not pure copper. The bleeding has almost completely stopped, nothing life threatening for the short term.

((Is this too graphic? I can tone down the detail of the descriptions of injuries if I'm disturbing anyone.
I know the answer is probably no, since this is a forum about dwarf fortress and the injuries there are rather detailed, but my conscience compels me to ask, just in case.))

Rune's crushed corpse twitched, then stopped moving.

Rune sighed. That had HURT. He glanced around, seeing nothing. He tried to contact anything. "Hello? Anyone out there?"
There are many greetings. I have been out here.

<Um...okay...what do you usually do?>
This unit works towards the completion of this unit's objectives.
With that helpful little bit of importation information, everything stops.
Player body deemed unrecoverable. Reconnecting with staging area...

You wake up in your room in the staging area, lying in your bed. The TV is showing an angry gremlin-like man with a gun tearing some wires and cogs apart.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:27:30 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 25, 2014, 12:41:37 pm »

"What are you?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 25, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »

(Funny, I was just listening to this when you mentioned the "climbing up like an ubisoft character" part.)
<"Okay... I think I see the heart. I'm almost gone here, but I'm going to do the best I can."
Start running as fast as possible, then start ripping out of wires out of the cubes, the arms, anything. Just get as many out as possible before retreating to a safer place.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 25, 2014, 02:48:22 pm »

>Get up. I know it's hard, but get up. Look around and find anything that looks important or pertinent to you and take it, and then disembark from the vehicle if possible. If you don't have the energy to do so, I'll take control until you can move on your own.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 521