Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125339 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: I need guns. Lots of guns.
« Reply #1605 on: March 05, 2014, 09:43:06 am »

((I guess I miscommunicated. I meant the influence towards caution to be triggered If I heard something signalling towards a second opponent. Oh well, didn't really change anything.))

{Irine}
I don't want to kill Ed, but I can't let that machine carry him away...

Use one flame generation charge, melt the nearest tire of the kidnapper's car and keep the flames actively under my control.
     If that doesn't stop it then send the flames up and into the engine compartment to catch the car itself on fire.
     Else keep the flames down low by the melted wheel and don't let them spread into the car itself, gather any flames generated by my actions under my control to give me more firepower to work with.

{Zoe}
What am I going to do when I catch him?
memorize the license plate number, and continue pursuit.
I need to protect my hand if I'm going to be breaking car glass, and he's sure to lock the doors.
Take off my shirt and wrap my hand and lower arm with it while I run.
If he's smart he'll shoot the car coming at him instead of me, but people don't always do the smart thing.
     Be ready to dive for cover If shot at.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:16 pm »

"Hey, other person. Ready to battle? Alright..."

Use my powers to...

Spoiler: GM'S LEFT EAR ONLY (click to show/hide)

Then lay down in the seat
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:56:40 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1607 on: March 06, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »

((Bump. Waiting for all people in the Amethyst mission to post. All people in the BETA mission posting would be nice too.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 06, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »

I was hoping I would not encounter an enemy player so quickly. Oh well.

>Get Raul out of there on the stairs opposite that agent. Find any close exit and get out of there through the tables of people.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1609 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:34 pm »

((Chase scene music or chase scene music))
Plant thoughts of arson in his head. Try to make him go lock the doors from the outside and burn the place down, using the shit ton of booze as fuel.
You pay the bartender and he goes to bring you your booze. You light a cigarette and take a few deep breaths of smokey air while waiting for the bartender to return.
"Hey man, what the hell are you doing with all that alcohol?" he asks as he sets the case on the bar.
Burning down the house.
You grab the case of booze you bought from the bartender and then head for the front door of the wooden shack.
"Yeah, yeah." says the bartender with a smile, completely oblivious to your intentions. "Well, have fun."
Oh, I will...
Once you reach the front door, you pocket a couple of bottles and then turn the case upside down. The bottles fall to the ground and shatter with a gratifying sound, spraying their high alcohol contents everywhere.
A man standing near the door approaches you.
"Hey man, are you alright? What are you do-"
His sentence is cut short by your knife in his neck.
Incinerating the trash.
You shove him inside the bar and into the ground, his blood mixing with the alcohol there. Ah, blood. So beautiful. The sight of it makes you feel complete again, fills you with energy and euphoria.
Before anyone has a chance to realize what has happened, you pull the cigarette out of your mouth and toss it in the puddle. The vapors combust, the sound of the small explosion followed soon after by the music of panicked screams.
You close the door. Not that there's any chance people will go through here. The old wood will soon catch fire and destroy this place, along with the maggots that infest it.
Now you just need to take care of the service door in the side.

((Arson will continue next turn unless there are objections/alterations you want to make to it. Just stopping because of time travel issues.))

Bryan
Hmm, a bit late for negotiation.  A shame that my host isn't fond of it.
Faron
Let him decide the best course of action.
{Irine}
I don't want to kill Ed, but I can't let that machine carry him away...

Use one flame generation charge, melt the nearest tire of the kidnapper's car and keep the flames actively under my control.
If that doesn't stop it
   then send the flames up and into the engine compartment to catch the car itself on fire.
Else
   keep the flames down low by the melted wheel and don't let them spread into the car itself, gather any flames generated by my actions under my control to give me more firepower to work with.

{Zoe}
What am I going to do when I catch him?
memorize the license plate number, and continue pursuit.
I need to protect my hand if I'm going to be breaking car glass, and he's sure to lock the doors.
Take off my shirt and wrap my hand and lower arm with it while I run.
If he's smart he'll shoot the car coming at him instead of me, but people don't always do the smart thing.
     Be ready to dive for cover If shot at.
You see the man shimmer and distort like a mirage. Your host doesn't see it but you do. He looks at you and then the car coming at him.

Your host continues running towards the car and starts trying to remove her coat. You focus on trying to melt the front left tire.
Your flames manifest as the car begins to move and almost immediately destroy the tire, the superheated air inside escaping with a loud pop. The molten rubber quickly falls off, leaving the naked rim to emit sparks as it touches the road. Despite that, the man manages to retain control of the car and continues driving, albeit a lot slower. You focus on moving your flames to the engine compartment instead.
Not a second later there is a second pop coming from Morgan's car. Something has been embedded in the tire, causing it to wobble and partially shredding it. She manages to avoid crashing but her engine stalls and the car stops soon after.
Unfortunately, you are unable to properly condense the fire inside the engine compartment, the movement of the car dispersing it. You might have burnt something, you cannot see inside the engine, but whatever it might be, it wasn't enough to stop the car.

The man's car disappears behind the next house although you can still hear the sound of metal grinding against concrete coming from its tireless wheel. You can also hear another car approaching from behind.

"P-V-P! P-V-P! P-V-P!" Ike chants.

>Shoot the other guy who's not Raul - don't mess around and shoot to kill. Whatever he's doing here, it can't be anything good.

Take control if Ike Wayne doesn't seem willing to do that.

I was hoping I would not encounter an enemy player so quickly. Oh well.

>Get Raul out of there on the stairs opposite that agent. Find any close exit and get out of there through the tables of people.
The three men stare at each other for a split second before the Agent makes a move for his guns, while Kalle and Raul make a dash for the stairs. The Agent is quick, years of training allowing him to retrieve the two machine pistols from their holsters, remove the safety and take aim all in a smooth practiced motion. The moment he is about to fire however, a woman walks out of the private room on his right and obscures his line of sight. Her eyes widen as she turns, notices the two guns pointing at her face and promptly begins screaming in fear and jumping up and down.

The Agent shoves her out of the way and back into her private room before taking aim again. His fingers are on the triggers of his weapons but he hesitates. His target is almost at the bottom of the stairs and there's a chance he might hit civilians. Or the informant.
Ike however has no qualms about civilian injury.

While Zechariah, along with everybody else in the restaurant, cannot see it (he can only hear Ike's chanting over the joy of player versus player combat), Ike sees a wave extending from his Interface, distorting his host. From wherever the wave passes, his host's skin changes, becoming slightly, almost imperceptibly more like his. Every part of his host's body that changes comes under Ike's control. When the wave reaches his ears, his hearing expands to his normal superhuman level of hearing. The moment the change finishes, his Interface starts beeping and blinking red.
"Assuming direct control."
Ike, now in complete control, adjusts his aim and shoots a single round.

The first thing that hits him is how irritatingly loud the sound of a gunshot is to a being with supersensitive hearing.
The second thing is that his Interface is beeping like crazy.
The third is that his target somehow managed to dive out of the way and land on top of an empty table, unharmed, dragging the informant along with him.
The fourth thing is that a room full of people screaming in fear and getting up from their seats is almost as irritating for his ears as the gunshot.

Meanwhile

Position my shelf-leg club right under where the noise is coming from, brace it against the ground, Tsar it. Try to make it punch through the ceiling and knock whatever's on the roof off the tower.
Nope, absolutely no Freudian symbolism here.
You locate a sturdy looking place to brace the pole and then a thin looking piece of ceiling under the enemy's perceived location.
You focus on the pole and it immediately extends and becomes a lot heavier. Screw holes are converted into decorative engravings, its texture becomes more rough and bumpy and jagged spikes appear across it.
The pole goes through the ceiling and makes cracks form on the floor. The pole itself gets severely bended in the process.
After the dust settles, you can see that your efforts have rewarded you with a robot kebab. Skewered by the pole is an eight legged robot with a spherical main body and antenna attached to it. Some of its legs spasm and jerk from time to time.
"Is that a Tsared pole or are you just happy to see the enemy?"

John eyeballs the thing for a second.  <<A midsize sphere just came to us, a couple more nearby.  Wasn't thing supposed to be a bigass robot?  Whatever- I'm smashing this one.>>

FIRE at the hovering sphere!  Reload the other DU shell.  If it is destroyed/goes away before I can shoot it, fire at the closest of the other two.
Ever heard the phrase "kill a fly with a bazooka"? Because that's basically what you did.

John turns his artillery to aim at the sphere. The sphere fires some of its thrusters and begins to spin. John says a big NOPE and shoots the thing. There is a buzzing noise as the capacitors of the gun discharge followed by the loud bang of the projectile reaching supersonic speed. The recoil makes the entire building vibrate and causes the weapon to change the direction it's pointing.

His target just disappears. No wounds, no explosions. Just a loud bang and it vanishes.
<I thought they knew! Um, the...something is here.>

Toss some big chunks of metal, I-beams and stuff, at the sphere. Aim for the big lens and the antenna. Especially the antenna.

((Von Neumann machines with a distributed intelligence and/or hive mind. I call it now.))
Well, John took care of that one. So let's have you take care of the one at street level. It's one of those that have tracks and tentacle-like manipulators.
It is currently in the process of using its tentacles to do something to a car's control panel. It turns to face you when you teleport close to it. You make a pulling motion with your hand and the car the bot is messing with overturns and crushes it.

Now there's only the one at the top of that building left near landing point C.

"Hey, other person. Ready to battle? Alright..."

Use my powers to...

Spoiler: GM'S LEFT EAR ONLY (click to show/hide)

Then lay down in the seat

The sphere with the lenses begins to spin and emits some flashes of light.
The tracked tentacle robot is currently trying to mess with the engines of a Spaceplane.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:32:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 06, 2014, 10:51:07 pm »

John grinned.  "Gotcha."  <<That boom was me- one piece of robot down.  I think Angel got another.>>

Summon more DU shells.  Make sure one's loaded.

If Angel can get the broken robot up here, check it with my feels.

Position my shelf-leg club right under where the noise is coming from, brace it against the ground, Tsar it. Try to make it punch through the ceiling and knock whatever's on the roof off the tower.
Nope, absolutely no Freudian symbolism here.
You locate a sturdy looking place to brace the pole and then a thin looking piece of ceiling under the enemy's perceived location.
You focus on the pole and it immediately extends and becomes a lot heavier. Screw holes are converted into decorative engravings, its texture becomes more gruff
The pole goes through the ceiling and makes cracks form on the floor. The pole itself gets severely bended in the process.
After the dust settles, you can see that your efforts have rewarded you with a robot kebab. Skewered by the pole lies an eight legged robot with a spherical main body and antenna. Some of its legs spasm and jerk from time to time.
"Is that a Tsared pole or are you just happy to see the enemy?"

Well played.  Our team has been frighteningly competent this round, but your kill is certainly the best yet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:03:09 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 06, 2014, 11:32:40 pm »

Great. Whoever this other player is has no problem killing me. That probably rules out Angel, and maybe Irine...

Might as well use this chaos to my advantage.

>Get Raul out of there now! Use the chaos and duck low through the escaping civilians. Exit through the front door and onto the sidewalk, preferably among more civilians!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 07, 2014, 12:12:22 am »

((... Paris, I need to know if Irine has learned how combustion engines work from her host.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 07, 2014, 12:34:08 am »

"Dang! Silly civilians!"

Follow them fools! If I get a clear shot at the fake agent, take the opportunity. No hesitation!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 07, 2014, 01:21:12 am »

He he he

Go to the side door and lock it with whatever means are around (chair, smashing the lock, glue, a length of pipe).

Alan: Plant thoughts of ice cream in his head after this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1615 on: March 07, 2014, 05:30:36 am »

Gah, need to proofread my post one I get back to a computer.
((... Paris, I need to know if Irine has learned how combustion engines work from her host.))
You sort of know. Just the absolute basics. Fuel gets in, it burns somehow, the car moves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:55 am »

((Bump. Waiting for all people in the Amethyst mission to post. All people in the BETA mission posting would be nice too.))
Mwahaha!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 07, 2014, 08:54:55 am »

{Irine}
Seize control of the fires inside the general area of the fleeing car,and prevent them from doing anything.

{Zoe}
Flag down the car behind us and comandeer/recruit it/the driver to aid the pursuit.
     If the car speeds up, and seems to be trying to run me over, dodge.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »

Aha! There you are invisible snarky girl. I like you, you're funny. Ever tried pole dancing before?

But in seriousness, I need to know more about these robot things. Are they fully mechanical, no biological bits? Who created them?

Time to get a better weapon. Remove 2 of the dead robots legs, motors, power source. Find something that will make a good crossbow body, like a plank or something. Attach the legs to the plank, so they are naturally contracted. Attach the motors and power source too. Remove a light switch from the wall, wire it to the crossbow. Run a wire from the end of one leg to the end of the other, to act as the bowstring. Use a binder clip as the catch. Make it so when I flip the switch, it will extend both legs, pulling the wire taut and propelling an arrow.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:49:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 07, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »

A thought occurs to John.

<<Hey Angel, did you break that thing?  Can you bring it up here?>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 521