Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126094 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1470 on: February 11, 2014, 09:17:18 pm »

A white fox girl approaches you after you walk out. She looks very much like you, except she has white fur over all of her body and only one tail.
"Hi! I saw you were upset before. I know it's not much, but I hope this will make you happier." she says and hands you a flower. It looks like a lily, with petals that are yellow near the stamens and transition to red near their edges, with an orange gradient in between. The underside of its petals is white.
((Idea: The flower is bound to Irene's soul. It shows up with her whenever she shows up somewhere, in a host or in the Staging Area. Not much use, but it's a nice touch.))

Do you read the descriptions of the powers I'm giving you?
((Yes. So?))

"I'm going to be fighting the robot?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:41 pm »

Zechariah rubbed his thumb across the wood of the staff out of annoyance, but kept silent. In his other hand was the mask that the shadow entity had given him.
Don't worry about the entities, Zechariah thought to himself. Or was it Selene still? He couldn't be sure, his spirit was still recovering from being shut down. Focus on the task at hand.
Looking over at the others, he was a bit miffed that someone else had an item with the word "Medium" on it, but he was still fine with that. What he was more concerned with was that he had obtained a mask. This was like Zedekiah Iaunum all over again. It had too much similarity to Zedekiah's power: as the Shadow, Zedekiah used his mask to impersonate, manipulate, and crush people and their spirits. It unnerved Zechariah.
It's okay. It's just another part of what I've embraced. I have to learn to control it at some point.
...I'm not a Spy though.

Zechariah spent a few moments looking down at the mask and became unsure of whether he wanted to continue or not with this power still. He gave a quick glance towards Irine.
I've made a promise. Zechariah turns his attention to the shadow entity.
"...I am ready."
I am ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 11, 2014, 09:35:54 pm »

Alan gazes at the knife.
This says KILLER on it! Cooooooooolll!

Wave knife around people's eyes while showing it to them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 11, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »

Avoid getting hit by knife.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »

Be a robot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 11, 2014, 10:12:41 pm »

John idly wonders to himself why Alan keeps getting involved in murder.

"I'm ready.  Alan, rest of you, have fun in there.  As far as the robot, how much time to prepare will we have when we get there?"

Ask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »

Curious, I wonder what it means to be an instrument  Bryan wondered as he turned the scalpel around in his hands.
"I am ready."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 12, 2014, 12:51:07 am »

"Sounds like good, clean fun, it does. Let's hope that-wait, wait a second! Are our hosts going to be powered like we are?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 12, 2014, 01:45:57 am »

"What were you doing in there? Why's the Firefox all puffyeyed? Did you bang her so badly that you made her cry?"
I shall ever so thoroughly enjoy feeling the pulse of his final heartbeat between my teeth.
"Don't be ridiculous. Physical trauma doesn't cause pain in the staging area. He was clearly conducting espionage and engaging in psychological warfare. Well done, my champion. I hope you learned many secrets with which to crush her."
What? Someone wants to weaponize my sense of ethics against me?
"Hey now, there's more compulsion in a telemarketing ad than the one I gave you. But fine, whatever. I'll just drag you out next time. I was just trying to be polite."
Good, best to let him be rude but stay out of my mind. I need to be able to trust my own thoughts and feelings morso than anything else.
A white fox girl approaches you after you walk out. She looks very much like you, except she has white fur over all of her body and only one tail.
"Hi! I saw you were upset before. I know it's not much, but I hope this will make you happier." she says and hands you a flower. It looks like a lily, with petals that are yellow near the stamens and transition to red near their edges, with an orange gradient in between. The underside of its petals is white.
What? That looks like... Is she one of kj1225's kitsune?
"I... I... thank you. Um, this... This might be a kinda weird question, but I was wondering if we might be from the same place. Do you know who kj1225 is?"
"Okay then, now that we're all here (finally) I'd like to talk to you about the next challenges.
First of all, the gist of this, for our new players, is simple enough. Complete the objectives we give you, you gain more power, we gain entertainment and when you complete enough challenges, you get to go home. I think it's a pretty simple, good, straightforward deal, don't you?"

He starts slowly walking on top of the rock he is standing on.
"Now then, about the challenges... There have been some complaints that you are hurting people, taking away their free will,
WHAT?
being bad guys, etc, etc. These challenges will address these concerns.

First off, we have a challenge involving deep synchronization. You will enter your hosts as passengers. And if you want, you can just remain in the passenger seat and watch their stories unfold. No input required on your part. If free will concerns you so much, you can just let them die free men. No big deal, right? Just don't do things that will contradict with your host's character too much. Deep synchronization is harder to maintain. You're going  back to the same universe as before. Let's see if you can fix some of the problems you caused...
He is, isn't he. He lied earlier, my so-called personal area isn't so personal, is it. He listened in on me and Zech. And now he's going too...
They couldn't break me with murder and death, so now they want to break me like this. Make me willfully ignore my sense of ethics or face annihilation.
I've got to find a way out.

I think for this one, I'm going to choose... you, you, you... you.... aaand you two."
Every time he points someone an orb of shadowfire is launched from his fingertip and towards the person he is pointing. When they hit them, the balls form into symbols and letters:
Zechariah gets a Theatre Mask with the word Spy written under it.
Ike gets a Pistol with the word Agent written over it.
Irene gets a Human with the word Seeker written on its left.
Alan gets a Knife with the word Killer written on its right.
The white fox girl gets a Heater Shield with the word Medium written on it.
Bryan gets a Scalpel with the word Instrument written under it.
Ok, ok, memorize it, memorize it all. This is going to matter later. Memorize every detail now, figure out the pattern later. memorize it all.
"The rest will participate in the defense of a colony that is under attack by a BETA. Think big robot. Very big. Like, building sized big. From space. I've evacuated the area because, frankly, with what happened last mission, I don't trust you to be on the same planet as my civilians. Hopefully, you should be able to stop it before it causes significant damage. And you won't cause more damage than it does in the process.
You'll get a more extensive briefing when the mission begins."

"Any advice, questions, goodbyes, mind blowing revelations? Now is the time to share, because we'll begin in a minute."
"Can we speak with our hosts? Will we have time to acclimate ourselves before the real mission begins?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 12, 2014, 04:42:04 am »

Good lizard.
Eria suddenly has the urge to hurt someone she never met and has no idea why.

"What a robot?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 12, 2014, 09:04:45 am »

"What a robot?"
"A big machine, that can move and think and stuff."
Angel's grasp on robotics isn't the strongest, but she's pretty much right here.
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:33 am »

"Ah. We're taking down a giant robot. Right. Are we talking Pacific Rim big? Are we going to have to pack some severe firepower?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:26 am »

John points to the mech suit he summoned.  "See that?  Imagine that was moving around on its on instead of when I was driving it.  That's a robot.  Except the mission one will be much bigger and shooting at you."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:36 am »

"What a robot?"
"A big machine, that can move and think and stuff."
Angel's grasp on robotics isn't the strongest, but she's pretty much right here.
"A mecheen..." she thinks "Like a windmill?"

John points to the mech suit he summoned.  "See that?  Imagine that was moving around on its on instead of when I was driving it.  That's a robot.  Except the mission one will be much bigger and shooting at you."
Eria look at the mech "Ah! Like a golem."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 12, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

John looked askance at Erica.   "Uh... sure."
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 521