Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125536 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Final Level
« Reply #1110 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:06 pm »

John looks at the table.  "Set ability augmentation to zero, and just give me the good views.  Can't learn anything if there's no challenge."

Try a car this time.  Like a '69 Charger.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

"That's neat..."
Angel's managed to depress herself by getting herself into that state where she's dwelling on her failures.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 18, 2014, 08:44:46 pm »

"Careful, lets clear the room before we do anything else. There's still several unaccounted for guards remember?"
Wait at the elevator with the device. If attacked, hide behind the device for cover and hope whoever is shooting at me is defeated soon.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:56:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1113 on: January 18, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

John looks at the table.  "Set ability augmentation to zero, and just give me the good views.  Can't learn anything if there's no challenge."

Well, you could try designing the car, but you couldn't summon it in here, unless it's a toy car or you enlarge the room. It's not an enormous room, just big enough for your bed and table.

"That's neat..."
Angel's managed to depress herself by getting herself into that state where she's dwelling on her failures.
Well, that would be a great time for her other personality to come out, wouldn't it?

Also, mission people, have some Music

Peregrine
((Therians. Therianthropy. :P Research dat. :3 That's basically the gist of what I have as concept background in my RTD.))

Theri took the hand and shook it with both her own. "That's a nice name. I'm Theri, and back on the note, I...never expected this place to be a shrine. Usually when I hear 'shrine' I think of lavishly decorated places, set in good lighting and usually decorated. This place is quite spartan and...actually I like the simplicity.

"Could I ask who are the Three, and-erm, if I can repay your help for me in anyway?"
Also possibly what else you were saying?

Inquire~
((Yeah, I was talking about the fact that a werewolf usually goes from human to human-wolf hybrid, while River goes from wolf to human-wolf hybrid.))

He looks at your hands around his for a moment, puzzled. He then turns to look into your eyes again. "Theri." he says and grins, showing his fangs in the process. "Interesting."
He lets go of your hands and starts pacing in front of you as he speaks.
"The shrine. That is one of the reasons I was here. This place is a mystery. A sacred place in a remote forest. Ever since I discovered it by accident, I spent a year searching this forest and the nearby villages for something similar, some clue, but I found nothing. Nobody knew of this place, nothing similar existed nearby, nobody ever came to this place."
"Until you stumbled upon it, like me."
He stops walking and remains quiet for a moment, before he continues to recount his knowledge of this place.
"The name of this place was told to me by its spirit, but it would not reveal more. I have not been able to determine more than the obvious: That it is an old place, a magical place, somehow related to the Sun and the Moon."
He stops walking and turns to look at you again.
"I am a creature that likes to find interesting things, exciting things and this forest has not granted me that. I enjoyed hunting in it with the others, but even that gets repetitive after some time."
He is walking towards you now.
"I am thinking about moving on. And, like I said, you are an interesting person. Unique in your on way. Strong, smart, with the beauty of a hunter, willing to learn, open but not a fool."
He reaches with his hand to place it upon your shoulder.
"That is why I want to make you a proposition. Come with me, travel with me. I promise I will take you to places you have never even imagined, to worlds of beauty and sadness, of adventure and fear, of powerful magic and intricate technology. I will show you the greatest and the smartest beasts on can hunt. I will teach you things you never thought possible, show you the world from a new perspective and maybe in the process, I will help you learn more about yourself. The opportunity of a lifetime, an unforgettable experience." He is whispering near the end, his face close to yours, his eyes still looking into yours.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:31:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 18, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »

Third time now, reform again.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 18, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

"Okay, I'll scout ahead and deal with the guards that I can see, then I'll give you a status report. Let's try not to kick the hornet's nest."

Jordan was happy with the objectives presented. Even if someone else took the vehicle, he could stand escaping by foot. He wasn't one of the best (And most affordable) assassins for not being able to run from searchers long enough to get the money.

Scout ahead, if I see any guards on their own kill them by adrenaline rushing then firing/breaking their neck. If they are in a group, report their position and activity to the team, then sneak past. Try to find a window to the east to see where the escape vehicle is.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 18, 2014, 08:58:46 pm »

((As you wish...what did I use for its thoughts?
Screw it.))

"So...How did you get to be so powerful?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 18, 2014, 09:36:58 pm »

Well, you could try designing the car, but you couldn't summon it in here, unless it's a toy car or you enlarge the room. It's not an enormous room, just big enough for your bed and table.

(And my radio and nuclear device.)

Just design's good.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Bite his face off in a panic!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:52 am »

"Right. I'll be listening and relaying anything I can hear to you via the usual means."

Listen carefully. Do the echolocation thingy. Also, do I smell any signs of the outside?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1120 on: January 19, 2014, 08:58:21 pm »

"Careful, lets clear the room before we do anything else. There's still several unaccounted for guards remember?"
Wait at the elevator with the device. If attacked, hide behind the device for cover and hope whoever is shooting at me is defeated soon.
You sit back and send your guys to do some scouting.
"Okay, I'll scout ahead and deal with the guards that I can see, then I'll give you a status report. Let's try not to kick the hornet's nest."

Jordan was happy with the objectives presented. Even if someone else took the vehicle, he could stand escaping by foot. He wasn't one of the best (And most affordable) assassins for not being able to run from searchers long enough to get the money.

Scout ahead, if I see any guards on their own kill them by adrenaline rushing then firing/breaking their neck. If they are in a group, report their position and activity to the team, then sneak past. Try to find a window to the east to see where the escape vehicle is.
"Are you gonna let Firefox boss you around like that? She obviously wants you to go first so that you get killed." says the entity as you walk into the light. There are a couple of those barrier creating things that burned your face here but they are deactivated. The hallway ends in a concrete platform, overlooking the room beyond. There is a ramp that leads to the floor below.
The room itself is enormous. More than enormous. It's morenormous! It stretches to your left and right for an incredible distance. You could be walking for an hour and not reach the end of it.
And in it is the Colony Ship, or rather what's left of it. Famished pale flesh clinging to marble like bones as far as the eye can see, as if this level is housing the remains of a long dead Godzilla of a whale. The "floor" of the ship remains but its "ceiling" and "walls" are missing, exposing its internal structure. Metal platforms have been placed on its flesh-floor, both to make moving tools easier and to restrain it. Even without the various cutting tools positioned near freshly cut bones and flesh still dripping its white blood, it's obvious large pieces of it have been removed. While the bones form a symmetrical, almost tubular shape, like the bones of a ribcage, many of them are missing, replaced by metal restraints to hold the flesh down. The ship is ineffectually pushing against the restraints, filling the room with the creaking of metal.
Weak pulses of light travel all across the flesh of the ship, all coming from what looks like its Heart. It's made of the same pale flesh and moving in tune with the pulses of light it is sending. It is near the center of the ship, directly opposite to the platform you're standing on, a relatively small distance away. It is suspended from bones by tendrils of pale flesh and sinew. And from it come many wires and optic cables, connecting the heart to hundreds of humans and humanoids, all restrained on metal beds positioned around it. Various machines, IVs and computers are connected to each of them.
And beyond the Heart of the ship is what you assume to be your Escape Vehicle. It is the only thing East of your position that looks capable of getting someone out of here. Scaffolding holding a rocket, a bit larger than a Topol ICBM, positioned under what looks like a hole in the ceiling. The top of the rocket is open, expectant.
Other than that, there are a few rooms made of metal walls and many other objects littering the floor. Pieces of armor, robotic animals, missiles, giant computers, Tesla coils, jet engines, mechs even what looks like a futuristic space fighter or hovercraft. Looks like the Soviets didn't let all this space go to waste.
"Horrible..."
"Never underestimate the things humans will do for power."
"Right. I'll be listening and relaying anything I can hear to you via the usual means."

Listen carefully. Do the echolocation thingy. Also, do I smell any signs of the outside?
You see the same things as Jordan. Echolocation and smells reveals nothing of interest. Hearing reveals that the people down there are murmuring things and banging against their restraints.

(And my radio and nuclear device.)

Just design's good.
It takes a while to get all the parts right and make sure the car you've designed will work and won't fall apart. It takes some more to actually make it aerodynamic and efficient. Luckily, the table's simulation software is top notch and you are an expert in machines, so after some work, you have your virtual car stylishly driving around your virtual test course.

Third time now, reform again.
Host body deemed unrecoverable. Reconnecting with staging area...

You Mage are a fool
for thinking you could
save everyone that ever lived.
All people must die,
that you cannot deny,
some sooner rather than later.
When fighting is found,
when there's conflict abound,
don't think they'll get away scot-free.
When two people fight,
seek the other's demise,
you may have to just pick a side.
But if my words you ignore
then for this I implore
to remember in your adventures, when you fight.
That when magic is involved,
you should have a plan twofold:
Keep your distance and prepare for a blight.

The entity punctuates the end of the performance with that hyena-lion laugh of his as your thoughts slowly grind to a halt.

You wake up. You're not dead. You're in your bed in that cavern with green crystals again.
"Dissssappointing..." Scion says, the crystals crackling with electricity in tune with her voice.

((As you wish...what did I use for its thoughts?
Screw it.))

"So...How did you get to be so powerful?"
((My notes say purple glow, but I guess purple shadow is the same. Also, I've left your other personality as mostly a roleplaying choice. I'll only force you to use it or force actions upon you under specific circumstances.))

"Oh, real simple. A god was killed, the position became vacant, I was there and I took it. There was of course a war and a big battle and conspiracies and other stuff but that's about three Cycle's worth of story. In the end, what matters is I made the only choice I could: I fought and I won my place and my power."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Bite his face off in a panic!
You run towards the orc. It sidesteps with a mildly confused look on its face and proceeds to lop your head off with its sword.
It stings a bit, but other than the fact that your head isn't attached to your body anymore, you're fine. Not dying or anything.

Peregrine
Inquisitive nature. Wonder. Adventure.
...I like this one.

Theri looked back into his eyes--wells of unimaginable thought, reflected by the light and color--and drifted on the words of the therian. He may act refined, almost even regal in his gestures and mannerisms; his thoughts maybe of the idealist and the realist, meshed together, but she wondered if this was not but trickery.

The kitsune discarded the thought and looked aside, at the cubs and the mother after giving River a nod. "If we are to leave this place, then what about them? Aren't they your wards? Someones you protect?"
Erm, forgive me for this but...first impressions and all. I like you but..I'm a bit reluctant-the offer is fast, and it would be rude for me to decline-bah, I won't say this. It seems inappropriate. Leave at the question befor-

Ask!
River's ears fall for a moment. He turns his head away from you, towards the pack.
"I... They were my companions."
He walks towards the wolves.
"They did not need my protection. They accepted me as an equal. They were someone to hunt with, someone to share my sleep with."
He picks up one of the cubs from the scruff of its neck and it emits a surprised yelp. He brings the limp pup close to his face to inspect it.
"They are strong, the next generation even more so. This shrine will be their home, as long as they protect it. They have their sh-" The cub licks his nose, causing him to look surprised and turn his head to the side to hide an involuntary smile from you. "They have their share of rough times but they fight and they survive, like all life should. To weaken them with my help would be cruel and wrong. Against nature."
He sets the cub down and pets it on its head. The cub goes to rejoin her brother in playing.
"I helped them find their strength. That is all. That is what I do. Now it is time to move on to something new."
He sits down near the mother, a grey and black wolf, whispers something in her ear and then gently pushes her away towards the others.

"What about you? You look... I have not watched someone like you, not in this part of this world. Do you have someone to care for? Is that why... Do you have something that binds you to these lands? Because your equipment, your behavior says you do not."
He looks down, this time not looking at anything in particular.
"I am sorry if I am being impolite. I am not used to speaking to people like this, people I do not know. I am usually much more... direct in my dealings with others."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:33:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 19, 2014, 09:08:23 pm »

"Was it hard? And what were you before that?"
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »

You suck!

Hurl insults at the Orc to distract it while my body comes up and strangles it!
Or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:44 pm »

"Anything dangerous out there? If it's clear then we should sit down and talk through who gets the easy exit and who has to fight their way out."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 20, 2014, 12:40:22 am »

Zechariah sits up and hangs his legs over the edge of the bed, looking up towards the ceiling of the cavern. He is wearing a somber expression.

"Let me guess - her soul isn't even here anymore, because that's what you entities want to show me?"
He hops off the bed and cross his arms, still staring at the top of the cavern.
"Go ahead. Call me disappointing, call me a loser, tell me I failed, tell me she's dead, tell me whatever you want. I've already heard everything and more from Artemis, Apollo, Eido, Oblivion, Danielle, Haextov, the Guardian Scion, and just about everyone else who I've had the pleasure to meet! So, what do you have to say, entity Scion? What other tales of sorrow and woes, of greed and hate do you have to send my way?!" Zechariah grits his teeth with a spark in his eyes that lasts for a moment. He then extinguishes his own spirit, the fire dying in his eyes and his spirit. He relaxes his shoulders and runs his hands through his hair.

"The only reason I am here is because Eido damned me to hell in trade for the salvation of my friends. I sacrificed my soul to the Limbo in order to kill the Shadow and keep my friends alive. Somewhere along the way, you entities picked me up and placed me in this game - but I guess this still follows through with Eido's promise of hell to me. But.. I'm willing to take whatever, because this is what I asked for. This is what I fought for."
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 521