Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125558 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #690 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:07 pm »

((For the first, I'd like to see one of those exceptions.

For the third, he never stated exclusivity for that use of the apostrophe, so it's technically correct.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 10, 2013, 05:06:39 pm »

"So... anybody care to flush them out? My abilities mostly just let me sense people, they're no good offensively."

Suggest.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 10, 2013, 06:43:03 pm »

"Well, that's what I'm doing. If I can sneak up on them... can I?"
Hesitate until I get an answer.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #693 on: December 10, 2013, 08:19:28 pm »

"We should avoid setting off alarms... Even if there is people, I'd rather not go in for a direct assault. Element of surprise should be in our favor. Who agrees?"
Take cover as well, try to see if there's a way to sneak to where we need to go.
Just going to answer this real quick so you don't waste a turn:
You could try sneaking up to them by moving slowly, they probably can't see you and they won't hear you as long as you move quietly.
You could try exploring that door on the East side of the room, there might be some way to get behind them there.
You could forget about this room and try looking for a completely different route. However, the entity doesn't have much info about this place, so you'll be dependent on your own skills to navigate.
You could try thinking outside the box to find a better solution to this problem, something I haven't thought of.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:58 pm »

((There are exceptions to the first one when you start playing with semicolons.
same goes for the second.
There's other uses for apostrophes.))
((Such as?
Such as?
Such as, and so? [Just because trucks are used for moving cargo doesn't mean that they aren't used to move people.]))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »

((Oookay, can you please start a new thread for this grammar discussion or something if you're going to continue it?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #696 on: December 12, 2013, 12:52:44 pm »

((I've got the turn ready, just waiting for the guys in the EMT to post an action. I realize it's a busy time for everyone so I'm not gonna start pushing people. Unless your action is to "wait and see what happens", in which case I misunderstood and I'm sorry.

In the meantime, I've been using my spare time to transcribe the upgrade trees I have in my text files to something kinder to the human eye.
Spoiler: Upgrade Tree (click to show/hide)
Remember, it's still work in progress as evidenced by the spelling errors I just noticed. Looking good?

Also doing a test with polls, since I decided the way we voted for the first mission might not have been the fairest one and a poll would have been better. Sometimes I do stupid things like that without realizing it. I'm surprised nobody pointed it out for me.

By the way, anybody knows if there is a place on this forum where tips have been written about polls? Because there should be such a place. I've seen too many users surprised when their polls lock down and are unable to be reactivated.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 12, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »

((Tip 1: You can never remove a poll.
Tip 2: If your thread has a purpose beyond the poll, never let it lock.
Tip 3: You can, however, replace it with something pointless and silly.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 12, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »

My critique of this mission has been that the first part was fantastic. Well-paced, fair, and entertaining. This part seems a bit too slow and unorganized at the moment, at least on the player side.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 12, 2013, 01:12:25 pm »

The first part was indeed stylish and cool. This bit... I dunno. I think the mission really could have ended at the elevator, both in terms of objectives and the gameplay was going.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »

My critique of this mission has been that the first part was fantastic. Well-paced, fair, and entertaining. This part seems a bit too slow and unorganized at the moment, at least on the player side.
((Pretty much entirely the players fault that we're disorganized right now. I'm quite happy with how Paris is doing. Sorry if I keep sending mixed signals on that, Irine is unhappy with her situation, the entities, her powers, pretty much everything. Lenglon is delighted with the game and Paris's GMing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:05 pm »

((Yeah, that's what I'm saying also, that we're the ones sparking the chaos. Paris is doing a good job.)$

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 12, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »

((Pretty much entirely the players fault that we're disorganized right now. I'm quite happy with how Paris is doing. Sorry if I keep sending mixed signals on that, Irine is unhappy with her situation, the entities, her powers, pretty much everything. Lenglon is delighted with the game and Paris's GMing.))
((Pretty much my views, too.))
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #703 on: December 12, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

-Fniff posts while I'm waiting for him to post an action-
I think my fault is not sending out PMs to each individual player every time I respond to them... There should be an @ function in this forum.
"We should avoid setting off alarms... Even if there is people, I'd rather not go in for a direct assault. Element of surprise should be in our favor. Who agrees?"
Take cover as well, try to see if there's a way to sneak to where we need to go.
Just going to answer this real quick so you don't waste a turn:
You could try sneaking up to them by moving slowly, they probably can't see you and they won't hear you as long as you move quietly.
You could try exploring that door on the East side of the room, there might be some way to get behind them there.
You could forget about this room and try looking for a completely different route. However, the entity doesn't have much info about this place, so you'll be dependent on your own skills to navigate.
You could try thinking outside the box to find a better solution to this problem, something I haven't thought of.
Are you going to do anything about that? Or are you just going to wait?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:20 pm »

((I think this whole thing is great. Even though I'm dying all the time :P
Question though, is there a particular reason you don't show the rolls?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 521