Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124713 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 05:00:49 pm »

"Eek!" Angel struggles a bit against the ice, then attempts to activate a pyrokinetic ability to free herself and warm herself afterwards.
"Sorry about that, not used to hugs and got a hairline trigger." She started to work her self out of the ice.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

Zechariah drops the shadows, seeing that it probably would hurt them more than help them in this situation, considering they are both breaking out of the ice.
"I'll just let you get out of there. Um, sorry about that."

((Oh, by the way: do you guys want me to use Teal instead of Aqua? Aqua is Ziah's theme, but I just want to know so I don't make it hard for you guys to read :P ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

((Suggestion for the mission: Eraserhead, if you've seen it.))
((I just watched it and... wow... I don't think I'm capable of creating something on that level of horror. And even if I could, it's a bit hard to convey that horror through an RTD. EDIT: That's piecewise's schtick now that I think about it...))
((Oh, by the way: do you guys want me to use Teal instead of Aqua? Aqua is Ziah's theme, but I just want to know so I don't make it hard for you guys to read :P ))
((Considering the colors I'm using for the entities, I think if they had a problem with that, they'd be screaming curses at me now. :P))

((Anyway, got the mission description ready. Let's do the briefing while I finish drawing some maps.))

ALAN RICKTERSVINKSONTERNIKBIK
Ooh, ice cream!
Turn around and fire a stream of toothbrushes in the opposite direction of the ice cream. This should propel me towards it.
You can't concentrate enough. You only manage to fire a couple of electrical toothbrushes in front of you. You fall through the portal and into the Staging Area, the toothbrushes vibrating ineffectually besides you. Strangely, you do not feel any strain when you land.

Irene
"I... I guess I'll get going then. um, thank you, I... Thank you."
Return to the mirror and hesitantly step through it, then look around at my new surroundings.
Even though you can see dust accumulating on top of the mirror, it seems like whatever barrier is holding it there allows you to pass through it without even feeling anything. You step through it and into the Staging Area. Well, that's certainly strange.

Eria
"Thank you." Even in the wilds, Eria made a point of keeping manners.
Step through
"You are welcome. It's good to see there are still people who value politeness in the world."
You lift the covering and make your way to the Staging Area.

John Lancaster
Quote from: Toaster
Nothing
John is picked up by an invisible force and floated over to the Staging Area.

The Staging Area: Everyone
The Staging Area seems to mostly take on Irene's suggestion, changing into a circular rock chamber with a magma pool in the middle, illuminating everything with a red glow. Despite what one would expect, it is comfortably warm instead of searing hot. Rock tunnels lead to the various portals that lead back to your various personal sections.
Ike's suggestion manifests itself as a solitary birdtree that stands beside him, croaking and creaking in an imitation of Tchaikovsky.
Zechariah is a bit distracted by the new arrivals to properly concentrate, so his suggestion manifests itself merely as carvings of a lush world that stand as a contrast to this barren underground place.
"Ahhh. Much better. A dark chamber with ominous lighting and classical music. There, was that so hard?"
Angel, her doppelganger in tow, in her eagerness to hug the scaly form of Eria scares her into firing a stream of ice. Strangely, even though the ice manages to cover their feet with a thin ice covering and make them cold, it doesn't make them uncomfortably so. What's more, the ice quickly dissipates into a cloud of steam making any attempts to free themselves redundant.
"My, my, so eager to kill each other. Wait until the match starts girls. You'll get plenty of chances to do that then."

The briefing: General Information
"Good, I see we're all here." The voice that you've until recently heard in your heads can now be heard coming from one edge of the magma pool. "Now, may I have your attention please?"
A rock platform is formed from the rock there and on it appears a lectern.
"Oh no, he's going to do that theatrical thing again, isn't he?"
The rock wall behind the platform disintegrates, revealing a magmafall that flows under the platform and into the magma pool.
Behind the lectern appears the form of a man made from darkness. The darkness twists and rises off of him, like a flame made of darkness.
"As the creator and organizer of the Interuniversal Games for Special People, I would like to welcome you and wish you all good luck.
You have all been chosen because you are special. Because you are somehow better. Because you have the potential for greatness.
You were all chosen by one of us to participate in this prestigious competition."
" 'What exactly is this competition?' I hear you asking? Well, it is very simple. One of us chooses a challenge for you, that is, a place where you will appear and an objective you must complete. Emerge from the challenge victorious and you will be rewarded. Your entities will be allowed to work on improving your abilities. Your power will increase, your weaknesses will be eliminated. Loose, and you get to try again, at least until your entity gets bored. The better you perform, the quicker you can go home, back to your time and space, with only increased power and knowledge to show for it. Pretty nice deal, eh? We get entertained, you gain power, everyone is happy."

"Yeah, but what about the stray? The rules state-"
"The 'Stray', as you called her, is not a problem. I've already talked to her entity about it and I'm certain we'll be able to come to an arrangement about that. Now, do not interrupt me again."
"Now, some simple things. As you may have noted, you can change almost everything in here with your mind. However, you cannot create copies of yourselves or other participants. You are also incapable of harming or otherwise hurting and undermining yourselves or others, be it physically, by changing this place or by using your abilities. That's why we are able to have this conversation in pleasant warmth instead of flesh burning heat, why that ice melted in seconds while your skin does not. If you really want to fight and hurt someone else, tell one of us. I'm sure we'll be able to arrange something. If you want to practice and experiment however, this area is perfect for that. The only difference between this area (the Staging Area) and your personal sections is that only you and the entity that chose you may enter your personal section."
"Most challenges won't allow you to bring anything from here except items that have been 'bonded' to you. But do not worry, your hosts should provide you with whatever you need. Your hosts will also be able to provide you with sufficient information about the world you appear in. Each challenge is unique in that regard, so going into it in detail before it starts seems redundant."
"And that's about it, I think. If there are no questions, either about the Games or about your first Challenge, please proceed to one of the portals, so that we may begin. Two people per portal."

When he finishes speaking, four rock benches appear, each with a different label: Stealth, Assault, Hunt, Disguise

((Run out of time while writing, that's why it's a bit shorter and without quotes. Hope I didn't forget anything.))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:49:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:36 pm »

Jordan was now quite annoyed. After being given a speech about "being special", which his brainwashing bullshit radar made him tune out, all he caught was that apparently he was being fucking kidnapped. Okay, it was for a competition for "special people" (What the fuck did that even mean anyway? It brought to mind the special Olympics) and apparently it was going to bring his power up a notch, but maybe it would have been nice if he had been maybe asked about it beforehand. And besides, this obviously wasn't a paying gig.

"I'm afraid that though this may 'increase my power', I'm not going to be able to do this without a cash incentive." said Jordan, trying to keep himself calm. "Sorry, it's in my contract. I have to run a service here. American dollars, and preferably it should include the minimum, that is 500,000, and increase with all potential threats. By my estimate, I imagine this is going to run past a million. Possibly two. Otherwise, I'm afraid this competition is not for me."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:44:39 pm by Fniff »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »

Zechariah was a bit disappointed that Haextov's world never came to fruition here. But it reminded him that Haextov's world was the past now. And it should be left that way.
He almost growled when the dark man introduced his role. This was the source of it all, the games and the worlds. He held his tongue, though. Later. Later, it would be.
He also heard Jordan, along with everyone else. He decided to step in, lest dangerous forces step in for him.
"Please, keep your peace. We don't know what we're dealing with here. After all, I'm sure anyone who has the power to.. 'kidnap' us, also has the power to kill us."
Zechariah could tell he probably wasn't going to be good friends with this guy. He still had a duty to protect everyone though, so he tried to withhold Jordan.
Now then, the four benches. While he could do stealth, he wasn't the perfect person for that. And he felt it would be followed up with deadly combat, so he decided it was not for him.
Assault: definitely not him. His abilities, though he could summon deadly shards of crystal light to impale enemies with, were better suited for defense and teamwork.
Disguise: It could work for him. However, disguising was only one part of his abilities. He felt he could do better than just working with the shadows.
So he chose Hunt. He could protect whoever went on Hunt with him. If that's how it works, anyways. He had no idea what these people wanted from them.
Stand by, or sit on the bench labeled "Hunt."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »

"They're welcome to try. Question is, why would they want to?"

Jordan decided to join the crowd. Why split up?

Sit on Hunt bench as well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2013, 08:26:18 pm »

"Um, what do the labels on the benches mean? What are we picking whenever we pick a bench to sit on?"
I walk over to the "Stealth" bench as I ask.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2013, 09:14:43 pm »

"However, you cannot create copies of yourselves or other participants..."
Angel immediately decides to test this loophole. After a few seconds' thought, she tries to create a copy of Superman.
She also glances back at Nimue.

"I'm afraid that though this may 'increase my power', I'm not going to be able to do this without a cash incentive." said Jordan, trying to keep himself calm. "Sorry, it's in my contract. I have to run a service here. American dollars, and preferably it should include the minimum, that is 500,000, and increase with all potential threats. By my estimate, I imagine this is going to run past a million. Possibly two. Otherwise, I'm afraid this competition is not for me."
"...Can I have that, too? And what will we be doing?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »

((Sorry for low RP/such.  Busy past few days.  Also, I'm taking Lime Green unless someone already grabbed it.))

John looked at the strange assemblage.  "Uh, hi.  Name's John.  I wouldn't call myself useful on any sort of subterfuge, and hunt appears to be full, so I guess count me in for the assault team?  I can make stuff- should be useful.

He looked at the girl that just spoke.  "Yeah, what exactly's going on here?"

Head to Assault.  Make myself a grenade for the practice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2013, 09:22:51 pm »

"Well..." Jordan looked at Angel. On one hand, he considered kids on the level of civilians, but even worse: at least an adult civilian could prove useful in a pinch. However, if this child was indeed chosen among sorts at his level, perhaps she'd be useful. He put on his child-friendly smile and said "Little unge, if you help me out a little, I'm sure I can spare some cash for your pocket money!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2013, 09:36:49 pm »

"Well..." Jordan looked at Angel. On one hand, he considered kids on the level of civilians, but even worse: at least an adult civilian could prove useful in a pinch. However, if this child was indeed chosen among sorts at his level, perhaps she'd be useful. He put on his child-friendly smile and said "Little unge, if you help me out a little, I'm sure I can spare some cash for your pocket money!"
"Um, sure! I'd like to see if they'd be willing to pay me, though."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2013, 10:02:51 pm »

"Hello, John. I'm Zechariah. Or Ziah. We're... picking benches with labels. I'm not sure the exact purpose, but I'm assuming it'll be our roles in this game."

"Oh, and Angel... please do be careful."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:04 pm »

"Of course!"
I'm here for a reason. Hopefully, that'll be enough...
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »

"Well, unge, the thing is, I have a thing called a "contract" saying that that you have to pay me if you want me to do things for you, but I don't think you have one of those so you can't say you wanna be paid. However, I'd be more then willing to pay you... as long as you are nice to me and don't leave me out in the cold."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2013, 10:17:36 pm »

Zechariah glared at Jordan.
He really didn't like what this guy was getting to. Zechariah tightened the grip on his staff. He was going to work with a mercenary.

"We're all going to have to work in this together, whether we like it or not. Just... leave the girl to herself."

Zechariah started pacing a little, which he did when he was nervous.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 521