Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MS-DEDFATE  (Read 2659 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
MS-DEDFATE
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »

The year is Solar Century 3025.

Earth Federation: Military
Space Division: The largest of the three Divisions. Deal with deep space and orbital operations. Provide support for direct planetary attacks.

-The Super Dimensional Fortresses [SDF]-
SDF-0001 Macross   The original SDF. The largest, slowest and most heavily armed. Veritechnology originated with the discovery of this vessel after it crashlanded on Earth, also sparking the creation of the Mobile Suit Development Project and the formation of the international organisation, X-COM.

SDF-0002 Corvalsam   The first successful reproduction of the SDF-1, Macross. Like all others following it, it's slightly smaller. Being a prototype, it was also given the Fuji-Gentra Translight Drive, the only of it's kind after the researcher heading the project was assassinated by an extremist sect of the Anti-Colonial Front. Often heads deep space expeditions, acting as the SRF's capital ship.

SDF-0003 Dreadmak   Almost a direct copy of the Corvalsam. A large profile overhaul gives it room for an invasion-size EDF battalion, fully equipped for ground combat should the need arise. Despite popular belief, the force spends most of it's time at California Base in North America, only being shuttled to it's home on the Dreadmak during times of war, and as such the Dreadmak has spent nearly all of it's service life in orbit around the homeworld.

SDF-0004 Kannebal   Launched by the international organization XCOM at some unknown date. It is known to have apeared The public was never aware that such a vessel was under development, even when it was reportedly deployed during the defense of [DATA REDACTED], a high-profile operation at the time.

SDF-0005 Zeon   Commissioned specifically for the legendary Commander Zeon and his corps of elite mobile suit pilots.

-Space Reconnaissance Force [SRF]-
["the fleet"; light frigates and cruisers geared for exploration, colonization, as well as front line support]
[troops are skilled diplomats and unconventional fighters (symbology)]
[operate above XCOM when it comes to xeno relations and interplanetary matters]

-Extreme Environment Combat Force [EECF]-
[veritech fighters, XCOM light vessels and commandos, and Zeon mobile suits]
[deployed by SDF, but operate independently when not supporting them]

Planetary Division: Deal with ground assaults and planetary occupation.
-Earth Defense Force [EDF]-
[rangers]   Defend Earth itself;
[storms]    a special battalion is assigned
[scouts]     to the SDF-3 Dreadmak

-Mobile Combat Force [MCF]-
[heavy mobile suits for ground battles]
[veritech fighters operate in versatile support roles]

X Division: An ultra special corps. Deals with missions involving Xenos and other sorts of extranormal operations. Capture xenotech, act as R&D corps, conduct secret black ops, eliminate traitors to Earth Republic, act as elite shock troops and political officers.

-Mobile Tech Squad-
[experimental crossing between mobile suit and veritechnology

-Special Tactics Squad-
[psy capable individuals specially trained to take on anything the EDF can't overwhelm with numbers]

-X Corps-
[all-human division cross-trained in every field there is]
[often assigned to test dangerous experimental kit]
[members are said to live hundreds of years dye to brutal training and radical gene therapy]

-X Legion-
[a special division composed entirely of xeno "volunteers" from nonhuman races]
[often confused with X Corps due to the similar names and their often working closely with one another]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:00:06 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: SDMEDF: EK(SO)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:38:42 pm »

PTW
It's FEF, not FEOF

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:22 am »

PTW ftm

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:12:38 pm »

Updating. This will get bigger little by little, since I don't have solid access to a computer right now, and it's a project that will be fun until everything gets back to normal.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:17:40 pm »

* Furtuka gives an odd look at the SDF-0005

Any specific reason for setting up that description/backstory with that one the way it has?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

Because there's going to be a whole section specifically for Commander Zeon, because he's so important. And yes he is a reference to the Zeon from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, obviously(?).

EDIT: Anything in brackets is direct from my notes until I can make it more substantial.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:33:07 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »

Zeon. Wing. Er wha...

Also I was confused more because the lore of the others that were incorporated seemed closer to their canon and was curious about the direction you had picked.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:29:07 pm »

Zeon. Wing. Er wha...

Also I was confused more because the lore of the others that were incorporated seemed closer to their canon and was curious about the direction you had picked.
I guess? The EDF from the game Earth Defense Force never leave Earth, and Macross only has ONE super-dimensional fortress (the Macross :P), and Gundam doesn't have a canon.

EDIT: And in this world XCOM is an international organisation with ultimate power over basically everything.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:34:45 pm »

Zeon. Wing. Er wha...
Sorry. MS Gundam Wing was the first Gundam show I ever watched, so I usually say "Gundam Wing" when I'm referring to the entire series.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 09:35:06 pm »

I recognise X-COM, EDF as things i know about.

I watched a few episodes of Macross Frontier, if that counts, but don't really know much about it than there's giant people who humans used to fight in big robot suits that for some reason are also fighter jets.

Haven't watched anything Gundam.

And as someone who linked the geoscape theme, shouldn't you be aware X-COM has a hyphen? :P

Still, seems interesting. PTW.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »

Well you could pick your favorite timelines and fuse them together or whatever.

It's just feels weird to me since the name of Zeon has so much baggage that I question if it's a wise choice to incorporate it that way...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:23 pm »

And as someone who linked the geoscape theme, shouldn't you be aware X-COM has a hyphen? :P
Maybe it's just the fact that I've been away from the Bay here for so long, and my eye for details has fallen away, but for some reason I really don't give a shit.

Well you could pick your favorite timelines and fuse them together or whatever.

It's just feels weird to me since the name of Zeon has so much baggage that I question if it's a wise choice to incorporate it that way...
That's pretty much the point of a crossover, mashing up your favorite stuff. :3 Mostly I'm just using the idea of mobile suits.

I see your point there, but I don't find much wrong with just naming one guy after that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »

Well yes, but then there's making him ultra important and having one of the main ships after him :P

But yeah I guess it's not that big of a deal...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 09:47:22 pm »

If it were an organisation then it would be confusing, because then there's all those questions of which Zeon there supposed to be like, if any at all.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

Gundam doesn't have a canon.

Doesn't Gundam have several different timelines, spin-off series and stuff like that?

Anyways, this has several different things I'm interested in (AKA: giant robots) so PTW.
Pages: [1] 2