Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68664 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:59 pm »

"Everyone play nice. Or I cut nonessential digits and extremities off you, and we have Mystery Soup tonight."

"Oi! Cut the nonsense, or I cut your nonessentials!" :P

As for the Sorcerer, if he doesn't want the other position I'd think just a "Ship Magi" would be a noteworthy position (Or Master Magi if we get more of them in the NPC crew). Duties involve your general wizardly stuff and setting enemy ships on fire. And explosions.
Ship Mage sounds excellent. (Magi is the plural, I think)
I can lay claim to 1/16th blue dragon lineage.
*Emriro blows a 2d6 bolt of lightning at Taricus to prove his point
As for where I got my supplies, I shall not say. I will merely add that I know better than most about invoking the wrath of dragons, and there are much more efficient ways to go about doing so.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »

On the subject of what to do with the remaining cash, I say we save it.

I agree. We can use it for repairs, to improve a captured port, and to keep the crew paid should long windows of time pass without scoring some pirate booty.

Pirate booty sounds much more explicit than just booty. Just FYI.
Really? I wonder why.

"Everyone play nice. Or I cut nonessential digits and extremities off you, and we have Mystery Soup tonight."

"Oi! Cut the nonsense, or I cut your nonessentials!" :P

As for the Sorcerer, if he doesn't want the other position I'd think just a "Ship Magi" would be a noteworthy position (Or Master Magi if we get more of them in the NPC crew). Duties involve your general wizardly stuff and setting enemy ships on fire. And explosions.
Ship Mage sounds excellent. (Magi is the plural, I think)
I can lay claim to 1/16th blue dragon lineage.
*Emriro blows a 2d6 bolt of lightning at Taricus to prove his point
As for where I got my supplies, I shall not say. I will merely add that I know better than most about invoking the wrath of dragons, and there are much more efficient ways to go about doing so.
* Genesis raises his voice to booming, while slamming the butt of his quarterstaff onto the deck.
"If anyone assaults anyone else, so help me Gods above, I will let loose with the entirety of my fury!"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »

Seldain is currently resisting the urge to escalate this into full blown violence, because party infighting is very stupid.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2013, 12:29:07 am »

Genesis telepathically links with his psi-crystal.
"I may have need of you soon little one. Hide yourself up my right sleeve."

Turning his attention back to the tension at hand, he contacts Malarea.
"Give me your assessment of the situation. Who is most likely to submit, who is going to attack, and who should I count on to have my back? I'm confident that the Darfallen and the Hobgoblin will assist in keeping order aboard this vessel, but the Tiefling and Lizardfolk are wildcards. Can I afford to turn my back on them? And the Half-Dragon and the Human, are they still potential threats?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:43:07 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2013, 01:49:44 am »

((Truth be told, Seldain will do absolutely nothing unless he sees an enormous potential profit, and then he will do absolutely anything for that profit. And no, slicing some dude on the docks in front of half a dozen witnesses is NOT a 'potential profit' no matter how big his wallet is.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2013, 01:57:11 am »

((Says the shapeshifter.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2013, 10:11:25 am »

"I'm confident that the Darfallen and the Hobgoblin will assist in keeping order aboard this vessel--"
"I have a name, the elan."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2013, 10:31:37 am »

"I'm confident that the Darfallen and the Hobgoblin will assist in keeping order aboard this vessel--"
((That was all in my head. You couldn't hear any of it. What's the point of a devil in your head if you can't talk to it silently? And I was pretty tempted to call you 'whale man'. Count yourself lucky.))

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:32 am »

((That was all in my head. You couldn't hear any of it. What's the point of a devil in your head if you can't talk to it silently? And I was pretty tempted to call you 'whale man'. Count yourself lucky.))
((I usually see thoughts denoted by italics, so I was confused as well.  I thought you were speaking to her out loud, too.))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2013, 11:30:24 am »

Me too. Use italics for thoughts ;)

What's the point of a devil in your head if you can't talk to it silently?

You mean besides giving the DM a free Diabolus Ex Machinations he can play against is at any time, you mean? :P
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 15, 2013, 11:44:57 am »

Italicized for clarity.

What's the point of a devil in your head if you can't talk to it silently?

You mean besides giving the DM a free Diabolus Ex Machinations he can play against is at any time, you mean? :P
It's a Thrall, and only a personality fragment. It probably wont screw us over.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2013, 11:49:33 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2013, 12:43:35 pm »

Great.
I would like to propose that linking to TVTropes now also be considered a crime under our by laws.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2013, 12:53:15 pm »

Great.
I would like to propose that linking to TVTropes now also be considered a crime under our by laws.
Only the DM gets to punish people IC for OOC offenses.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 15, 2013, 01:29:29 pm »

((Says the shapeshifter.))

((Money is money, and five or more equal level extremely pissed off warriors is a death sentence when your job description is "Change shape, don't get caught, murder people from behind." Seldain is smart enough to not want to fight any one of you with a fantastic goddamn reason, and 12,000 gp is not quite fantastic enough.))
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 68