Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115853 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2013, 06:04:58 am »

You can actually get the wings from a feat Harbinger. Even better, said feat segues into letting you fly with heavy armour eventually.
Yeah, except that that feat has to be taken at first level, and I'm already rather pressed for feats in the early levels for prestige classes and ship crew.
Also, a) to actually get a flyspeed takes two feats, and b) I'm going to be wearing light armour at most.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:06:39 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2013, 06:07:50 am »

Well, you only need those two feats.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2013, 06:10:25 am »

If it came to that, I'd rather take the Winged template and get the dex boost.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:06 am »

What caster class are you using first, out of curiousity? >.>
Currently I'm planning to make a wizard 5/malconvoker 1 character. Eventually going wizard 5/malconvoker 8/Nar Demonbinder 7
Watcha gonna do? Keelhaul me? Ha! :P
Considering you are playing a wizard will full progression, I'm inclined to all that, and worse :I
Blame the GM for suggesting demon summoning.  ;)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2013, 10:03:14 am »

Alright. Here is the sheet so far.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=693375
How did you qualify for Dread Pirate at level 4?  ???

If you want to use any of the established setting stuff, let me know so I can give you OOC knowledge about the topics in question.
Could you give me the name and some information on an Illumian Quill Cabal? Preferably one that got wiped out by fiends leaving my character as one of the only survivors giving me a convenient tragic past backstory. Then I'd use this as a motivation for my demonbinding tendencies, because I take a sick pleasure in forcing those like the ones who destroyed my home to serve me. If such a cabal doesn't exist then just a Quill Cabal will suffice. This is if it's okay for me to play a Illumian of course.

Also, you're fine with me playing a demon summoner who will eventually start making regular use of the planar bind line of spells right? I won't pull off any wish shenanigans or anything.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:06:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2013, 11:31:56 am »

Weird was allowed to swap out Ride and Survival in return for Use Rope and Appraisal as Class Skills, which let him get the necessary skill ranks when combined with his positive INT modifier.  Ranger gets the necessary BAB progression, and getting two feats by level 6 is typical.  As for the ship, with 1.5 WBL, he can afford the ship himself just with a third of his starting wealth, even if the rest of the crew wasn't chipping in as well. 

Still working on my character, reading up on basic optimization and use guides, and the like - given our Mad Magic Missile Bomber, I think the gameplay is likely to go to a higher optimization level than I'm used to.  I'm thinking a spellcaster is probably better, but I'm wondering: Harbingerjm, would you prefer a divine or arcane caster?  I'm trying to get a feel for what major roles we're still missing on our ship. 

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2013, 11:37:48 am »

Weird was allowed to swap out Ride and Survival in return for Use Rope and Appraisal as Class Skills, which let him get the necessary skill ranks when combined with his positive INT modifier.  Ranger gets the necessary BAB progression, and getting two feats by level 6 is typical.  As for the ship, with 1.5 WBL, he can afford the ship himself just with a third of his starting wealth, even if the rest of the crew wasn't chipping in as well. 
Thing is, your ranks in a skill is limited to level+3, he needs at least 8 ranks in appraise and profession(sailor) to qualify, which sets the minimum level before he can qualify to 5, in other words he can't take levels in dread pirate before level 6. I don't see any way he's bypassing this so he's entry at level 5 seems to be invalid.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2013, 11:42:28 am »

Quit complaining, you're playing a wizard at any rate. I doubt one level is really going to matter for a physical class now is it? :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:29 am »

Thing is, your ranks in a skill is limited to level+3, he needs at least 8 ranks in appraise and profession(sailor) to qualify, which sets the minimum level before he can qualify to 5, in other words he can't take levels in dread pirate before level 6. I don't see any way he's bypassing this so he's entry at level 5 seems to be invalid.
Oh.  I thought it was level * 2.  Oopsie; good thing I learned that before I reached my skills. :3

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2013, 11:51:56 am »

Shit. I'll swap a level of DP for a level of Ranger tonight.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2013, 11:57:39 am »

heh, this is gonna be one amusing prate ship...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2013, 03:04:42 pm »

The humble beginnings of my sheet.

Never really made a wizard character before so it may take a while for me to complete it as I familiarize myself with the class.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2013, 03:09:39 pm »

The humble beginnings of my sheet.

Never really made a wizard character before so it may take a while for me to complete it as I familiarize myself with the class.
Take Body of the Sun, realize it's meaningless with the rest of your abilities as a Wizard, then proceed to use it anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

While I'm thinking about it...my character (WIP).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2013, 03:12:24 pm »

Erm Demonic? Malconvoker requires a character to be non-evil...

EDIT: GWG, I think you forgot race >.>
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57