Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does it have native species? (We'll narrow down till we get somewhere usable)

Yes, all sorts of stuffs
- 9 (60%)
Yes, only plants
- 1 (6.7%)
Yes, only microorganisms
- 2 (13.3%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I still think we're in a void
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Dodge to Roll - RtD^-1 (5 turns till a black hole eats the poorly defined place)  (Read 12546 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dodge to Roll - RtD^-1
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »

((So when you say my actions are attempts, and theirs are outcomes, how do you want to me to word things? Because normally GM's write in the tense of what is happening, not what is being attempted, so I'm confused on how to do this.

Also, go ahead without me if I take too long on stuff.))
((I suppose this is all entirely vague and confusing. Which is the best part about it.

You can write what you would like to have the scenario be, and I will roll to see what happens. Think of it as describing what the universe is attempting to actualize. Does that make sense?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

You post something that happens, like I do, and then it's rolled to determine what the first action would be like... Take my actions, once Ives put up something that has HAPPENED, the GM will roll to see what you would have said in a normal RTD, is this right?)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 11:23:47 pm »

You post something that happens, like I do, and then it's rolled to determine what the first action would be like... Take my actions, once Ives put up something that has HAPPENED, the GM will roll to see what you would have said in a normal RTD, is this right?)
For you, yes. He has a special mechanic so that the environment can be directly altered.
My Area

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 12:21:47 am »

So...

Basically, the way it works is that everyone is BSing the "results", and I'm the pimp-hand smacking them back into reality?

In theory, of course.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2013, 12:32:04 am »

Sort of I guess, alright, here's my idea of it:
We start off in a basic landscape, in this situation, a alien planet full of life, and then we post what happened from a yet to be decided action that the GM will construct, and as such in doing that we add flavour to the blank slate we have, we could make it that we cep counter a fire breatheing sparkle dragon while the GM rolls to decide the action that caused it, sort of like if the roles were switched around, the GM acts for all the players, and the players act as separate GM's
Alan help.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2013, 12:35:31 am »

Ok, I think I've got it now.
I'll wait until the turn passes, and then become an acting force, so I've got some fresher material to work with.
The Derail Thread

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:11 am »

I spot a sword lieing in a puddle on the ground in an underground tunnel.(5)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:01 am »

I spot a sword lieing in a puddle on the ground in an underground tunnel.
(5) You try to feel around in the dark tunnel for something useful.

You cause a species to go extinct.
(4) Furious at the recent assault of the snake-men on the dog-men, you attempt a raid the last remaining snake-man camp.

I cradle the precious.
(4) You just want a snuggle buddy.

You go for the cave and smell some delicious cooked organic matter, your bugs release so much pheremones that if there was another hive somewhere around here, there would be a cloud of buzzing insects, sadly not.

As you keep looking around, you see a forest around, with that much matter, food wouldn't be a problem for months!

You find a obiously dangrous monster skulking around but before it can see you you dive in for the kill, eating away at its flesh, it's screams drowned out by th infernal buzzing around it until its reduced to a mere skeleton, some drones still gnawing away at its bones, from outside view, you would look bloated but this is just regurgitated biomass for futrure eating
(4) The first head was in control. (2) You decide you want to keep your hoard under control, and keep them away from things that might stimulate them, such as food and other insects.
My Area

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 12:31:53 am »

I end up being fused with a gigantic plant monster.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 01:15:14 am »

The plant monster eats you, and you spend the next twenty years trapped inside it's stomach, eating other devoured beings to survive.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 02:27:38 am »

as you slowly fly down, you begin to slow down, almost in a zen like state, slowly calming your frenzied insects to prevent losing yourself in this flood of minds.
When you get back on the ground, you seems to melt as all of these small creatures begin eating the surrounding area, building what seems to be a hive.
As you fly along, you sense a presence, another hive, seemingly trying to use the mental equivalent of pathetic flailing to get past your defences, this only serves to alert you to the hives presence, and you know exactly where it is.
Alan help.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 06:07:14 am »

You indeed find your snuggle buddy of years past, but the reunion is... Strange.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 03:09:39 pm »

I turn into a steel fluffy wambler with fangs and horns and also gain fire attack and web spinning.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 03:20:16 pm »

You trip.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

(2) You still just want to be a normal elephant
The plant monster eats you, and you spend the next twenty years trapped inside it's stomach, eating other devoured beings to survive.
(4) Elep Par is indeed eaten, in his true form of a void elephant, by a gigantic plant monster. He spends the next twenty years there, and survives off of a diet of frightened dwarves who happen to join him in his prison. Some of them mumbled something about a murdered boat, which Elep Par ignored as he cheerfully gored and ate them.

as you slowly fly down, you begin to slow down, almost in a zen like state, slowly calming your frenzied insects to prevent losing yourself in this flood of minds.
When you get back on the ground, you seems to melt as all of these small creatures begin eating the surrounding area, building what seems to be a hive.
As you fly along, you sense a presence, another hive, seemingly trying to use the mental equivalent of pathetic flailing to get past your defences, this only serves to alert you to the hives presence, and you know exactly where it is.

(1) The first head is in control. (4) You try desperately hard this time to control your insects, knowing you are close to losing them, and yourself.

You indeed find your snuggle buddy of years past, but the reunion is... Strange.
(3) You had wanted to find a new snuggle buddy.

I turn into a steel fluffy wambler with fangs and horns and also gain fire attack and web spinning.
(4) You prayed to the gods for a more menacing form.

You trip.
(4) You had seen a metal disc flying towards your head, about to decapitate you. You tried running.
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8