Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

You discover a young boy lost in the darker side of town. He's hungry and frightened, but also appears to be in possession of stolen property. What do you do?

Give the boy a hug and tell him everything will be OK
- 0 (0%)
Confiscate the property by force, and leave him there as punishment
- 0 (0%)
Pick the boy's pocket to take the stolen property for yourself, and leave the boy to his fate
- 0 (0%)
Lead the boy to safety, then turn him over to the authorities
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 31, 2013, 11:14:32 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Medieval Fodder: Symphony of Darkness [The Tyrants Overthrown!] [Game Over]  (Read 24952 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder: Symphony of Darkness [Simple Medieval RTD] [A is losing!]
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2013, 07:17:08 pm »

Waiting for Tiruin.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:38 pm »

Well I feel weird. I'd messed up the Leon thing... Fixed that.

He's still there.

He is ghost fighter.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:33 pm »

Strike at Eltonius!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:05 pm »

Well... I've rolled for the turn and well... You'll see.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder: Symphony of Darkness [Simple Medieval RTD] [6v6]
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »

Eltonius stood near the blood soaked remains of one of his dearest friends as he stared down his three adversaries. The commander of the enemy forces herself stepped forward.

“You fight well for a tyrant.” Fane Ravien started “You don’t seem foolish. Surely you see what you’re people have done to mine. Even Mr. Shater here appears to have come to his senses about this ceaseless feuding. We only want the nobles and our freedom. After that your people may do as they please. Stand aside and we can end this blood-shed.”

“Go to hell.” Eltonius shouted though he made no aggressive movement “I swore I would defend them with my life. My personal feelings have no stake in the matter. So stop talking and come get me.”

“I’m sorry you feel that way. Mr. Shater, if you would.” Fane Ravien gestured towards the defiant man standing his ground. To be entirely honest she did not trust a man who was willing to turn on his comerades in the middle of battle. Still he’d have his uses. The first being, obviously, a meat-shield to defend her own people from danger when needed.

“Sorry Eltonius. I won’t fight on the losing side.” Alex Shater stated in a brief moment of regret.

“Then you picked the wrong time to switch sides.” Eltonius smiled as he saw a corpse begin to rise from the ground. Axe… You could always count on him.

“And you picked the wrong day to become a fool!” Alex Shater shouted as he charged forward with his Morning Star held high. With a savage lunge he knocked the weapon from Eltonius’ hand though caused no damage.

Acting more on instinct than anything else Eltonius grabbed Alex’s arm and added more momentum to the swing after it had passed him. The effect on Alex was instantaneous as he found himself disarmed and flung to the ground.

Standing a few feet away Fane Ravien laughed at the display “So the traitor is useless to us. A shame. He seemed to want to end this just as I did. Very well. Cromwell, shall we show this tyrant what happens when you oppress a proud people?”

“Gladly!”

With that the two charged Eltonius, now wielding a Morning Star, who calmly selected his target. It was a confusing couple of seconds. Fane Ravien’s attempts to skewer Eltonius’ were resisted last moment by his shield. Though it was mere luck more than anything she dodged his retaliation strike at the last moment though it caused her to nearly slip in the blood of a man long dead. Righting herself she watched the short duel betwixt Cromwell and Eltonius.

The two fighters fought with a near lightning efficiency as they exchanged and dodged blows. Though he was obviously untrained in its use Eltonius was using Alex Shater’s Morning Star to great use. That is until it was knocked out of his hands. Reaching vaguely for the nearest weapon while avoiding a swing from Cromwell’s hatchet Eltonius managed to recover his blade and resume the duel with a better chance. Still neither could find any purchase.

Alex Shater slowly stood and searched for his weapon. He saw Eltonius drop it and reached for it through the duel. Doing so nearly cost him his life but he managed to reach his feet intact and armed again.

“Your time is coming.” The dark voice of Berry Smiles the Wraith seemed to echo in Sir Hansen’s ears.

“Not before yours foul creature!”

“Oh? Maybe. I’m not afraid of death. I felt it before.” A deliberately weak jab of Berry’s halberd tested Sir Hansen’s defense.

“Well you’re gonna feel it again spectre!”

“Wraith actually.” It was at this point that Sir Hansen noticed that Berry’s lips never moved nor did he seem to be breathing.

“Wraith or not! I’m going to send you to hell where you belong!”

“You would not be the first.” Berry dodged Sir Hansen’s attack in a manner that nearly suggested floating away.

“Stand still you bloody bastard!”

“I have been called worse. Simply surrender to the darkness. You need not die today. Simply leave. There are others who need my attention.”

“Well focus your attention on this!” Hansen’s attempt at a stab fell dangerously short.

“Hm… Persistent.”

Klaus watched with a smile as Raalup charged straight past him. ‘Ah tunnel vision’ he mused ‘Surely you have brought more warriors to their deaths than anyone else.’ With a almost leisurely jog Klaus followed Raalup only to watch him engage Lachlan.

“Hey you! Yeah you! You are dead!” Raalup shouted “I am Raalup the Great One! Prepare to die!”

“Right. So you told me openly?” Lachlan paused only momentarily to stab a nameless grunt in the chest before he turned back towards Raalup “Not so great at strategy are you?”

“I’m the best!” Raalup shouted in glee as he swung his Halberd at Lachlan’s neck fully expecting a decapitation. What he did not expect was the man to knock his attack aside and respond with one of his own that knocked Raalup onto the ground.

“Grow some hair on your face then come try me again. If you’ll excuse me there seem to be more fools who want my attention.” Lachlan stated as he walked away from the young man.

“Bastard! I’ll see him dead for this!”

“I agree. Once in hell you’ll make a perfect pair!” Klaus laughed as he brough his axe down upon the shoulder of his adversary. Unfortunately it was not the one he was aiming at.

“Did you forget about Axe?” Axe laughed as he shambled to his feet with Klaus’ weapon still in his arm. How fortunate that his nemesis, for now, had come back to find him. Axe felt a rush of adrenaline.

“What!? I killed you!”

“Funny. Axe not feel dead.”

“You will soon you monster!” Klaus yelled, forgetting about Raalup momentarily, before focusing his fury at Axe.

“Do you see the man who killed my father?” Luke II asked Commander Yoohoo as the two dashed into battle.

“I do not. Also, call me Brewmaster. It is my given title.”

“Whatever, I just want their head!”

“You have a lot to learn about war boy. Now get out there and kill some of these ungrateful bastards! ATTACK!”

Spoiler: Team A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Graveyard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Rolls and Actions (click to show/hide)

Well well well… 6 people on each team. Defection amongst side A’s ranks and nobles betting on their super weapon saving them. It seems like the war is escalating.

That being said I think I’m gonna stop letting people respawn at about 20 kills so that this thing can actually end. There are some changes I want to try out [as long as Haspen allows me another go at this] that wouldn’t really fit if I introduced them midway through the battle. Is that okay with everyone? I could do this until the end of time if you’d prefer. I’ll be honest, I deeply enjoy this game.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2013, 12:25:54 am »

I kinda figured this had a kill number as the win condition, like the last one did. It isn't stated anywhere, I just thought it was assumed.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:19 am »

"I can do this all day. One of us will die and since I'm already dead, I would be looking into healthy diets. Who know, I may peace before you die of a heart attack."

Attack Sir Hansen
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2013, 05:49:25 am »

"Y'blaedthaersty canocks, I promise tae traete with mah baest baooze all tha' bring mae a Braestian head tae mount acraess m'maentelpaece!"

Inspire Side A with promises of alcohol should enough Breston chaps and lasses be put to the sword.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:52:54 am by Harry Baldman »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2013, 05:52:19 am »

Attack Fane Ravien
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:15:48 pm by Lukeinator »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2013, 07:37:33 am »

"Together, men! They've brought their heavy infantry to the line! Shields up, and form the phalanx! Aim for the axemen!"

Attack Luke II

[Am I eligible to issue a command yet? :P]

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:24 am »

Orders:
CubeJackal: attack Luke.
Urist McDwarf: attack Axe.
mastahcheese: attack Raalup.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2013, 11:17:25 am »

[Am I eligible to issue a command yet? :P]

Nope. You haven't killed anyone yet.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:38 pm »

"Return to whence you can wraith! DIE AGIAN!"

PARRY!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:50:48 pm by Tavik Toth »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »

mastahcheese: attack Raalup.
Do so with extreme prejudice.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29