Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64379 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #660 on: February 03, 2014, 05:36:36 pm »

In the event we need to move or hold the position would a sleeping injured member that would be woken by possible conflict anyway be better off than an awake and alert injured member that could help out or move to a better position?

We only put her at risk by leaving her asleep and unaware. Awake she can resist or protect herself better.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:38 pm »

Well, wake her if we need to wake her. But only if. We don't need to make her take a watch, as she needs rest. Also, would you rather have everyone asleep with only an injured and speechless person to guard them?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 04, 2014, 02:28:05 am »

Well, wake her if we need to wake her. But only if. We don't need to make her take a watch, as she needs rest. Also, would you rather have everyone asleep with only an injured and speechless person to guard them?
Who said we would be asleep?

We are all waking up because the point of a watch is to watch for danger and alert everyone when danger presents itself so we aren't caught off guard. We found potential danger, so we are doing our job and waking them so they are aware, leaving someone asleep and unaware is counter intuitive to the point of keeping watch.

Yes we will all be tired later, and now I suppose, but it is better than being caught unaware. We can rest longer during the day when the threat has passed.

Edit:But sure, only if it is needed, but if they start coming near/knocking on our door we wake her.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:32:36 am by Cain12 »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 04, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »

These gremlins have likely found their dead companions, and so might be searching for intruders. Seeing as how close they are, and how they are swarming all over the place it might prove prudent to wake at least one of our combat ready companions and ask their opinion, in the very least, or wake everyone and prepare for a fight at the most.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 05, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »

Who said we would be asleep?

We are all waking up because the point of a watch is to watch for danger and alert everyone when danger presents itself so we aren't caught off guard. We found potential danger, so we are doing our job and waking them so they are aware, leaving someone asleep and unaware is counter intuitive to the point of keeping watch.

Yes we will all be tired later, and now I suppose, but it is better than being caught unaware. We can rest longer during the day when the threat has passed.

Edit:But sure, only if it is needed, but if they start coming near/knocking on our door we wake her.
The only reason why I originally thought Charlotte should stay asleep would be for her to finish healing. but since the circumstances may be more dire than I thought at first, your plan seems more logical than mine.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 05, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »

The only reason why I originally thought Charlotte should stay asleep would be for her to finish healing. but since the circumstances may be more dire than I thought at first, your plan seems more logical than mine.
Well I am probaly overreacting, I mean they are still a fair bit away.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:17 am »

Well I am probaly overreacting, I mean they are still a fair bit away.
According to leo the creatures are numerous like ants and they are in the compound.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 06, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

According to leo the creatures are numerous like ants and they are in the compound.
Which is still far away enough that waking the injured now might be a bit much, they still might pass us by. But I still want to wake them all, just saying it could be for nothing in the end.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:23:43 pm by Cain12 »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 06, 2014, 07:45:03 pm »

1: Charlotte waking up isn't going to stop her from healing. But she's in a fragile state: if injured she may die because she has no one-wound buffer like the other three.

2: You saw the gremlins outside the compound; when you go to the other window and look into the compound you don't see them yet.

That said ...

You silently wake your party by nudging them each, then moving back to the north window to watch outside the compound. Gremlins are scampering up and down trees at full speed, stopping to sniff the wind, and searching. They are obviously searching for you.

A steady stream is clambering over the side of the cliff and down, where the goblin cavalry went. More scatter throughout the forest. But many remain in the area of the compound. More appear all the time despite the scattering. None of you can quite tell where they're all coming from.

Many gremlins are now climbing up and over the compound walls. You hear them scraping around on the roof.

>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:24:16 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 06, 2014, 07:49:56 pm »

-Lie in ambush, prepared to take anyone who enters the room with us, silently if possible-

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 06, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »

So, some goblins were caught out here at night and are seeking shelter? Or are armored goblins a match for gremlins?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »

So, some goblins were caught out here at night and are seeking shelter? Or are armored goblins a match for gremlins?

I assumed that was a mis-type

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 07, 2014, 11:23:12 am »

I think that the goblins we scared off earlier were a scouting party to determine whether this was a gremlin lair. I suggest we do NOT attack them unless they prove to be hostile.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 07, 2014, 01:29:23 pm »

You guys are right, I mistyped. It's gremlins coming up over the walls. I've edited the post.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »

Right then. Keep quiet, look around for any way they could possibly get in, and keep quiet. Also, keep quiet.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48