Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219173 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I don't like how enemy attacks do damage to my guys.  Stress has got to go too.

So the thing with that is that stress and trauma are the entire points of the game. It's literally what is advertised about this game, and is the core mechanic/atmospheric aspect of the game.

You might have better luck playing another game. DD without stress is basically a crappy little mobile game or something, and that isn't fair to everyone else playing it who enjoys the stress/trauma mechanics.
That's sarcasm, mate.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

They need to have the Man At Arms yell "LEEEEEEEROOOOY JEEEEENNNKKIIIINNSSS" when he becomes virtous. Speaking of which, i once went on a suicidal run with no torches, amd 3 of my characters went vitrtous. Wilbur didnt stand a chance
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just gave the game a try. Week 3. My highwayman became an alcoholic. Nice.  :o
I renamed him. He lives [and dies soon I suppose] under the name "Ivan" from now on.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:20:47 pm by gimli »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reyvnard loses faith in his god.  Gains interest in the dark arts.  Oh you klepto.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I don't like how enemy attacks do damage to my guys.  Stress has got to go too.

So the thing with that is that stress and trauma are the entire points of the game. It's literally what is advertised about this game, and is the core mechanic/atmospheric aspect of the game.

You might have better luck playing another game. DD without stress is basically a crappy little mobile game or something, and that isn't fair to everyone else playing it who enjoys the stress/trauma mechanics.
That's sarcasm shitposting, mate.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I just gave the game a try. Week 3. My highwayman became an alcoholic. Nice.  :o
I renamed him. He lives [and dies soon I suppose] under the name "Ivan" from now on.

I renamed Dismas back to his original name when I realized that there is an achievement for keeping him alive along with Reynauld until the last mission.

Speaking of him, I found his head in a secret room, I'll give it to him for the next run. Monsters, meet Dismas, and his head, and his head.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

By the way, I've wrotten two emails to backersupport asking to switch to DRM-free... to no avail. This irks me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I renamed Dismas back to his original name when I realized that there is an achievement for keeping him alive along with Reynauld until the last mission.

Speaking of him, I found his head in a secret room, I'll give it to him for the next run. Monsters, meet Dismas, and his head, and his head.

I got all three heads. 

Actually, I think I probably lost at least one of them when my darkest dungeon run went south, but it's okay because I don't think i'm going to play anymore.  Plus it'll be easy to get it back even if I do play again.
Shoes...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The three heads are pretty easy to get, secret rooms are fairly common. Especially once you start running long missions, I don't think I've run a single long mission without a secret room.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Also the collector, whose difficulty varies wildly based on how lucky you are in the first couple turns.  If you can stun him twice in a row on the first two rounds he's pretty  much toast.
Shoes...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I wanted to make a generic run with level 0s but I sent them instead to the prophet by mistake.

Killed him.

:P

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Ive done similar things. Dark runs can make compelte scrubs gods or turn them into finely  ground meat
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Started this up again a few days ago after a long haitus to give me something to do until XCOM2 unlocks. Hadn't played all that far in before, and that was long before the Cove got added. The early game seems a lot easier this time around. Not sure if that's due to a bit more familiarity on my part or if they actually made it easier.

But so far I've only had a few deaths (mostly due to some bad luck and a terrible lvl 0 who went hopeless and ruined an entire run. I've killed off a few bosses already and almost have my first level 3 team ready to go.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It is easier when you get the hang of it. Hell, nowadays I pretty much only do dark runs with my low leve folks, rarely lose anyone, the stress is kinda cheap to heal and the rewards are pretty good most of the time. Tho I think I'm mostly doing this because I have a terrible fear of the veteran runs because something always goes wrong and I inevitably lose someone. Which is funny, because when I throw fodder to get profit they survive without trouble, but when I need to to survive because I've sunk a bunch of money and items into them then they go and get themselves killed :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Or you're standing atop a pile of mook corpses but don't notice because they're mooks.

*lone survivor staggers back, haunted look in her eyes*
"Oh good, nobody was hurt"
*skeleton stabs your vestal in the wrist*
"ABBEY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101