Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118397 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - We may get invaded! Help us defend!
« Reply #990 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:06 pm »

The hordes are roaming yes, but not near Titan.
They were last seen in New Danzilonia where:
Nillers, Johnzeh, Jarl and BrunoTheminer were driven away by:

Maximumframe,Riptide,Sanwi, Clone, ShadedJon, Rykleos, Itaqi and ,iebagi.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:57:59 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 25, 2014, 06:14:39 pm »

As I'm a builder I decided to start to "beautify" Dale. I hate cobble, so I already nearly replaced all the roads inside the walls with a basic gravel+bricks setup.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will finish this small project this week, then I may start a new one. What should I "beautify" next?
Oh, and btw, where can I find iron bars? I need new pickaxes. :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:53:24 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 25, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »

I will finish this small project this week, then I may start a new one. What should I "beautify" next?

Could rebuild the basic theatre I built.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 25, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »

Have you been given vault access yet?
I'll give you a diamond one as a welcoming gift.
We now have access to a massive farm to the west, owned by a UIA member who has left.
Like all of our stuff keep the location secret and look after his house and don't steal his horse!
I'll be linking our rails to it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:26:00 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 26, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »

@Mark
Yep, I have access to the vault, but I only found like 40 iron ores, and I can't access the smelter in the other room.
And tahu already gave me a diamond pickaxe. :)

@Zan
I did a quick pass on the theatre. I hope you'll like it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:54:04 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:39 pm »

I like it. Hmm, we could use some nether quartz.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 26, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »

I've rerouted the Lal-Dumathoin line through the unused rail tunnels and station near Old dumathion.
The line now starts at the Main rail hub, goes south then upstairs, passes Old dumathoin, then goes downstairs and crosses the magma bridge which I expanded to 2 wide. From there it continues to lal dumathoin. However the path it currently follows still isn't exactly simple or straight so I may change things before I reinforce. Also due to a lack of powered rail currently the only powered section is the Rail hub- Old dumathoin section which is handy if you need to get to the other side of the city.
Going up those ramps takes a hell of a lot of powered rail. The entrance to the eastern farm is at the turnoff just past the magma bridge, and is powered, but has no rails for about 500 meters.

I'm currently pulling up or rerouting through old rail lines I'm finding littered around teh underground, the ultimate goal is a simple rail network with a line going directly south, north, east and west.
East line is to Titan (complete and powered), South line to Lal DUmathoin Via old Dumathoin (complete but half powered), East Line to Tiliqua's farm (powered but 340 meters short) and North line goes to Mithril mountain. (100 meters short diagonally, unpowered).
So I need approx 540 rails to finish all the lines, 60 power for lal-Dumathoin, 11 powered rails for The Farms, and about 80 power for Mithril mountain.
Edit: we have 52 power rails left and I think about 4 stacks of regular rails, however an hour in mineshafts should get me a few more stacks easily.
Edit: I have about a third of the gold I need for the rails
Edit:  Avatar of Armok; I left some supplies in a chest buried in a mountain just past the carrot farm, there is a poppy showing where to dig(dig into the mountain, not straight down)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:12:31 pm by MarcAFK »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 27, 2014, 08:34:30 pm »

Alright, I put a book and quill in the vault chest, please sign out the Silk Touch pick before taking it, and sign it back in afterwards.

Marc, you have it now, right?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:01 am »

Yep that's me, good idea.
Btw while in commonwealth I'm going to pick up another  silk pick for 20d'
Wound you like me to grab you a backup too?
Also Ryden passed me some d he owed you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 28, 2014, 01:13:55 am »

Close vote. Also, do we have 29 people? I don't think we have 29 people. I think some people voted in the poll who shouldn't have.

I'm going to change it again, since circumstances are now slightly different.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 28, 2014, 06:25:28 am »

Next project: I'm gonna upgrade the walls of Dale, maybe the bridges too, and finally maybe add some towers. So, questions:
- do you want me to first prepare some prototypes for the walls and the towers ?
- should I improve the security of the town? Less towngates, with locked doors, etc... Or should I let it in its current state, open to traders and visitors?

My future mega-project will obviously be the ceiling of the main cavern. For the time being tahu and I agreed on a dome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 28, 2014, 06:33:56 am »

Next project: I'm gonna upgrade the walls of Dale, maybe the bridges too, and finally maybe add some towers. So, questions:
- do you want me to first prepare some prototypes for the walls and the towers ?
- should I improve the security of the town? Less towngates, with locked doors, etc... Or should I let it in its current state, open to traders and visitors?

My future mega-project will obviously be the ceiling of the main cavern. For the time being tahu and I agreed on a dome.

Just go ahead and build up.  Improve the security of the path to Dumathoin and the clifftop fortress (not the one I built, the one on top of the nearby mountain.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 28, 2014, 06:34:16 am »

The dome was my idea dammit :p
I have a pretty good idea of what would look good, should we compete for design ideas?
Anyway, the cealing is far more likely to be finished with more than one person working on it.
Edit: Actually I could do a scale mockup in creative, you should do one too, we could then alter the designs based on each others and maybe come to a collaboration.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:36:10 am by MarcAFK »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 28, 2014, 06:38:08 am »

The dome was my idea dammit :p
I have a pretty good idea of what would look good, should we compete for design ideas?
Anyway, the cealing is far more likely to be finished with more than one person working on it.
Edit: Actually I could do a scale mockup in creative, you should do one too, we could then alter the designs based on each others and maybe come to a collaboration.

Wait, prototyping for the dome, or for the walls?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 28, 2014, 07:07:28 am »

The dome, My idea was a pretty basic hagia sofia based dome a main arche and a pair of half domes, with post roman or gothic vaulting along the other 2 directions....
And flaming netherrack at the top just because.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 97