Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118506 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »

Yeah, I broke in earlier and looted it. I don't know what the machines do, but the enchanting stuff works fine. I coulda sworn I smashed those doors down though.

The machine on the left as you come in isn't actually a machine- it's not built.  The one on the right we'd have to break and rebuild to claim.  Resource-wise, it'd be cheaper than building a new one, but it'd take a long time and you don't know what you'd end up with.

EDIT-  I threw 768 wood logs in the machine room for any future charcoal burner.  Not sure where it should go, but that seemed as good as of a place as any.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:07:25 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2014, 09:27:25 pm »

Logged in and traveled to the coordinates at the first post. No one was there.  :'(
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:23 pm »

Given that minerals are now located in veins per that mod, is digging at 11y still the optimum choice?  Is it possible we're going under veins?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:40 pm »

Logged in and traveled to the coordinates at the first post. No one was there.  :'(
Well, it's not like someone is guaranteed to be online at all times.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »

So, guys. When you finish upgrading the farms, tell me and I will do a recount. Just to avoid confusion.
My extension to the wheat farm added 264 places for wheat to grow.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »

Any bounties out on those people running the plantation north of us?
Adam Sandler.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 25, 2014, 10:31:13 pm »

Alright, the tunnels underneath our fortress are an absolute fustercluck. I propose walking over land a bit away, and setting up a mining outpost.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #652 on: May 25, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »

Other than a wee bit too much cobble, I like the mountainhomes. I think spruce trees would be a good match for them, do we have any saplings?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 25, 2014, 10:40:08 pm »

Other than a wee bit too much cobble, I like the mountainhomes. I think spruce trees would be a good match for them, do we have any saplings?
Agreed.
Also, if anyone sees a stretch of wheat grown, could they harvest? The only way we're getting enchanted items soon is if we have a lot of wheat.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 25, 2014, 10:47:48 pm »

Agreed.
Also, if anyone sees a stretch of wheat grown, could they harvest? The only way we're getting enchanted items soon is if we have a lot of wheat.

Noted.

And I've never seen anyone at the plantation, I'm not sure it's still active. I might be wrong though, I rarely, if ever, actually leave Dumathion. On spruce trees, there's none nearby that I know of, but there's a few places in Dumathion that might have some. Try the chests around the older entrances.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 25, 2014, 11:32:08 pm »

Agreed.

Noted.

And I've never seen anyone at the plantation, I'm not sure it's still active. I might be wrong though, I rarely, if ever, actually leave Dumathion. On spruce trees, there's none nearby that I know of, but there's a few places in Dumathion that might have some. Try the chests around the older entrances.
If you go towards z: 0, there are a few.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #656 on: May 25, 2014, 11:34:47 pm »

Given that minerals are now located in veins per that mod, is digging at 11y still the optimum choice?  Is it possible we're going under veins?
Veins are generated depending on where minerals spawn in vanilla. My understanding is that diamonds will usually generate somewhere around 10 and 15 y, so digging around every second chunk or so will eventually reveal a vein.
Alternatively, we could all move to the -, - quadrant where vanilla ore gen is more common.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 26, 2014, 01:08:34 am »

Silk touch? Useless. No, I think you mean Efficiency.

No I mean silk touch, If we had an ore smelter we would get three times the diamonds by putting diamond ore blocks into it.
However the factory costs 96 diamonds, so it's not worthwhie making the smelter untill we have at least 32 Diamond ore blocks, also the smelter needs iron and gold so the break even point for those is, 110 iron, and 28 gold.
It course it would be easier to use fortune 3 which gives 120% extra.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 26, 2014, 07:17:18 am »

Do I have permission to gather a few diamonds and enough wheat to make a diamond pick and put level 30 on it?
Because it seems like it would be worth it for if I get fortune.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 26, 2014, 08:45:47 am »

Go for It, I have a diamond pick myself you can try if you fail to get fortune or silk touch on yours, I'll throw In a stack of hay bales I saved up from earlier too.
But you need a hell of alot of wheat for xp bottles.
BTW, Rydenlol of UIA is offering 4 diamonds for every double chect of cobble mined from the bigass hole at Titan, Titan is  at 0,11200. We can even keep what we mine out of the hole, I think we should concentrate our mining efforts there for the time being.
In other news I've been exploring a mineshaft near the east Railroad, I have a few stacks of clay for the farms and some iron, a couple of rails too.
I'm kinda lost now and theres a zombie after me :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:19:11 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97