Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118450 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #615 on: May 24, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »

He may be talking about a different tower, not one in Dumathoin. Also, I found a back door. Just thought you might want to know. Coords (887, 12665).

Was the old main entrance before we got Dale.  Oh, I forgot, just a little way up the river there is a nearly finished canal.  Someone tell me where it goes, will you?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 24, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »

I presume that includes the stuff in the Great Hall (as I'm calling the huge room in the middle of Dumathoin). Now, Old Dumathoin is the stuff that used to be there, all the awesome looking stuff, right? And New Dumathoin is the little barracks thing at the front gates that we you guys built?

EDIT: I found a room with a bunch of factories, unfortunately most of them are locked. Coords (1082, 58, 12999). There is also a "Circus Tent" (nether mob farm) right next to it.

EDIT2: That old entrance I found? I made a dock on it. Just so ya'll know.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:59:25 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 24, 2014, 09:04:44 pm »

Just arrived, and holy shit this place is huge.
Although there are several monsters inside the base.

EDIT: Am I allowed to claim this vacant room, or is it being saved for something?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:07:09 pm by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 24, 2014, 09:22:52 pm »

I put those signs up. You're free to take one, but try to take one in the Central Chamber if you can. Old Dumathion is, IMO, past the big rough stone room with the big archway and windows cutting it down the middle off the top level. I'm going to begin work in earnest tomorrow, and probably continue on Monday as well.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 24, 2014, 09:30:42 pm »

Am I allowed to expand it a few blocks? It's kinda small.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2014, 10:17:23 pm »

Am I allowed to expand it a few blocks? It's kinda small.
Good question.

Before we decide on that, we should investigate the number of blocks between houses so that space can be divvied up evenly.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »

Before we decide on that, we should investigate the number of blocks between houses so that space can be divvied up evenly.

No true need.  We can just expand backwards from the entrance.  And the height of the place has been proven to be able to allow one extra floor.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:11 pm »

No true need.  We can just expand backwards from the entrance.  And the height of the place has been proven to be able to allow one extra floor.
I mean on the x and z axes, not the y-axis.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 25, 2014, 12:51:41 am »

Finally made it, but no one was home.  What kind of general labor do you need done (the kind that can be done without guidance)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #624 on: May 25, 2014, 03:42:35 am »

Finally made it, but no one was home.  What kind of general labor do you need done (the kind that can be done without guidance)
Strip mining down on level 11 or 12. Should get plenty of diamonds that way.
I think we also need buttloads of charcoal, so do some lumberjackin' for delicious sweet logs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 25, 2014, 08:26:39 am »

I harvested/replanted half of the wheat fields and put the results in a chest I found in town that already had quite a bit of  wheat, but it's rather tedious and I want to mine some resources, so I'll let someone else harvest the rest.

Also, should I clear out some land and make a more organized tree farm?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 25, 2014, 10:09:04 am »

Username: tahujared
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 25, 2014, 10:12:03 am »

Strip mining down on level 11 or 12. Should get plenty of diamonds that way.
I think we also need buttloads of charcoal, so do some lumberjackin' for delicious sweet logs.

Do we have iron for tools?  Stone's fine otherwise, but I think I'll go make elves cry.  Where does the wood go?

And where's that wheat?  I could use some bread for me elf-crying duties.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 25, 2014, 11:29:02 am »

Alright, I set up the tree farm but it needs more saplings. I also mined for a bit, found a lot of coal but only 5 iron.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:31 pm »

I made it.
I'm impressed by the scale, but there's not much going on :p
Have set up in the dorm, I needed to put a second chest above my bed because I've brought a load of stuff with me.
I planted some carrots and have started referbishing the terrace farm, but ran out of clay, I plan on bringing some back in my next trip to Carbon.
Also I left a few bales of hay next to the farm since I'm not sure where to store it.
I brought a stack of bales and also charcoal do if anyone needs stuff I'll be happy to oblige( sadly I've locked the chest). We should make a charcoal factory too since it's rather cheap.
Btw do we have any silk touch iron picks? If not it's kinda a priority in order to maximise diamond potential.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97