Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118393 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Server has new map!
« Reply #435 on: April 06, 2014, 01:46:52 pm »

Daily wheat harvest: 200 something wheat.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 06, 2014, 02:16:16 pm »

I spent three hours terracing half the mountain.  That, plus shoring up some defenses means nobody can get into the complex except through the main entrance.  Note:  We need to make a path from the main road to the entrance, because it's kind of annoying to get to.

If anybody wants to finish terracing the mountain (Just for looks + crop space) feel free.

Uh, Puzzle, we don't own most of that area.  The only area that was cut out beforehand was from me being unaware of where the border was, and Elephant made that stone wall at the top of the mountain that represented where our claim ended.  Much of what was dug out is outside our claim.  That's the whole reason I was building that huge rampart.

One more thing:  The mines may be another route in.  We should move the entrance outside the complex.  Maybe from the archer bunkers?

There's one way in through the mine, but that goes around to our neighbors area, and requires a fair deal of searching through a cave to get through, and since he ran redstone through that area, I wouldn't be too concerned about that person going through it.

Edit: The upper areas were for the stockpiles.  The lower is designated for the rooms.

FUUU-

So I assume the giant citadel was INSIDE the claim, so I did everything on the wrong side of the wall.  Shiiiiiit.

Hopefully it all works out, but I am really sorry about that.  Completely my mistake.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

I spent three hours terracing half the mountain.  That, plus shoring up some defenses means nobody can get into the complex except through the main entrance.  Note:  We need to make a path from the main road to the entrance, because it's kind of annoying to get to.

If anybody wants to finish terracing the mountain (Just for looks + crop space) feel free.

Uh, Puzzle, we don't own most of that area.  The only area that was cut out beforehand was from me being unaware of where the border was, and Elephant made that stone wall at the top of the mountain that represented where our claim ended.  Much of what was dug out is outside our claim.  That's the whole reason I was building that huge rampart.

One more thing:  The mines may be another route in.  We should move the entrance outside the complex.  Maybe from the archer bunkers?

There's one way in through the mine, but that goes around to our neighbors area, and requires a fair deal of searching through a cave to get through, and since he ran redstone through that area, I wouldn't be too concerned about that person going through it.

Edit: The upper areas were for the stockpiles.  The lower is designated for the rooms.

FUUU-

So I assume the giant citadel was INSIDE the claim, so I did everything on the wrong side of the wall.  Shiiiiiit.

Hopefully it all works out, but I am really sorry about that.  Completely my mistake.
The tower is outside the claim, but the person who claimed that land uses it for an underground farm so I sent them a message to see if we can work things out.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 07, 2014, 08:12:13 pm »

Well, completely automatic melon farm is done!  Hopefully it works right.

The mob farm is also done!  Hooray!  It's made into the tower, The entrance to the chest is right outside the tower, at the bottom.

That's two automated systems that hopefully will yield goodness.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 07, 2014, 08:45:52 pm »

Oh, I've also terraced the area within the ramparts.  Planning on building a colossal tower over the cave entrance, but that will be a later project (ie. Like hell we'll ever have enough cobblestone/stone brick to make the whole thing).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 09, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

Okay well it turned out the melon farm wasn't working, so I spent WAAYYYY too many hours getting it to work.

There are about 100 different ways it could be done better, BUT, it would have taken more iron.  As it is, it can harvest 8 melons with 1 hopper.  It however did take about 100 redstone.  Seriously, go look at it.  It's insanely complicated.  But it works!

Fully automated melon goodness.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 09, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

100 red stone for 8 melons?
I'm going to have to join the server just to get a look at this.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:11 pm »

It uses pistons underneath the growing area to raise up the dirt, which breaks the melons.  It also creates a channel that water can run down, taking all the melons into the one hopper.  Of course, if you lower the pistons too soon, the water floods everything.  You also have to keep the water going until all of the melons reach the end, which is done through a very complicated set of logic gates.  I -could- have just used a long timer, but, eh, I like my way better.

Anyway it's needlessly complicated and really awesome.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »

This still running?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 28, 2014, 08:52:00 pm »

This still running?
Well, it's not not running. I don't think anybody's been on the server recently, though.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 29, 2014, 07:11:54 pm »

I hop on from time to time to check things out.  Everything is still there.  So yes, it's still running, but most of the magic has gone.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #446 on: May 02, 2014, 04:39:12 am »

I should totally join you guys. When I have time.

That, and the last time I got into Minecraft it sucked up all my sleep patterns and vomited them across the bed in a disgusting pile of insomnia. In other words, for the sake of my health, I probably won't.
Still, reading through this thread makes it tempting... mmmm...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2014, 11:45:41 am »

...but most of the magic has gone.

Should we go to a new server so we can start fresh?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2014, 12:25:25 pm »

Might be a good idea.

If we just want to build without worrying about PvP, we could go on the no-PvP version of that server. Alternatively, we could look for a different server.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2014, 01:52:50 pm »

Might be a good idea.

If we just want to build without worrying about PvP, we could go on the no-PvP version of that server. Alternatively, we could look for a different server.

I prefer PvP.  Gives a reason for people to build-up.  Would prefer a server where stuff can be blown up to give an extra level of danger from having to defend breeches in the wall and allow for the use of landmines, but its not a requirement.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97