Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Soma: "System Intrustion Discovered. Preparing System Lockdown..." 82%  (Read 2800 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Soma: New creepy game by Frictional (first Amnesia devs)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 03:46:30 pm »

New video is up.

A standard UH3 articulated robot, active fluid memory with an approximated intelligence shows a much more active mind spontaneously developed a desire to socialize from observing human interaction?

intelligence first noted by Security Officer Douglas Strohmaier while investigating an automated distress signal coming from Construct Depot 11 Mockingbird had pried another UH3 open and removed its AI-unit made motions resembling those of eating, moving it close to its camera, and making sounds similar to smacking of the lips it introduced itself as Chief Engineer Adam Golaski.

Quarantined in T260 Machine Rep during the night it had taken itself apart. AM Engineer Imogen Reed quickly records an interview in case the Mockingbird would continue its self-destruction. appears there is a real Adam Golaski working at Omicron. Invited Chief Engineer Golaski to talk to the impostor construct.

Also, I wonder if the camera calibration we see at the beginning of every video references an actual game mechanic. Will you be trying to make cameras work to get good shots of something? Putting them out of focus so you can't be seen?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Soma: "System Intrustion Discovered. Preparing System Lockdown..." 82%
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 03:58:33 pm »

Haven't looked at this, but had an idea for a horror game due to it.

Your mind is trapped in the machine. Impossibly, you still control your body. You may only see yourself from security cameras as you try to move your body with your disembodied (ha) mind. It's probably been done before.
But has it been done before with horror?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 04:16:24 pm »

Your mind is trapped in the machine. Impossibly, you still control your body. You may only see yourself from security cameras as you try to move your body with your disembodied (ha) mind. It's probably been done before.

And that reminds me of some other game I came across years ago but can't recall the name of: You and this girl are in different parts of this ship; she's in the main area, you're in some kind of a control room watching her via monitors and able to manipulate various lights and locks. You have to use the lights to indirectly direct her to do various things to progress.

...Got kind of annoying fast though.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »

In terms of the name, consider this:

so·ma 
/ˈsōmə/
Noun
1. The parts of an organism other than the reproductive cells.
2. An intoxicating drink prepared from a plant and used in Vedic ritual, believed to be the drink of the gods.

I'm going for the first meaning.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »

And that reminds me of some other game I came across years ago but can't recall the name of: You and this girl are in different parts of this ship; she's in the main area, you're in some kind of a control room watching her via monitors and able to manipulate various lights and locks. You have to use the lights to indirectly direct her to do various things to progress.

That game is called "eXperience112" (or "The Experiment" depending on where you live).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »

So... the early Resident Evil games with their silly camera angles?

Anyways, posting to watch the thread and its lovely robot cannibalism.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 10:20:49 am »

So now it links to the game website... launch date : 2015.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 11:17:51 am »

So now it links to the game website... launch date : 2015.

I guess it's never too earlier to talk about something that won't be done for years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »

That game is called "eXperience112" (or "The Experiment" depending on where you live).

There was also Lifeline, where you had to issue voice instructions to a dumb blonde who, in her own words, "had good reactions, but poor decision-making skills". Probably just as hard(if not harder) as blinking lights, due to voice recognition technology.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 [2]