Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: WH40k: Dark Heresy Game Thread - Prologue: Heretical Whispers  (Read 52576 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »

It is the 41st Millennium. Beset on all sides by foul xenos and blasphemous cults, the Imperium of Man stands against fate in a battle not of conquest, nor glory, but for the very survival of humanity. United by the light of the God-Emperor of Mankind, humanity lies defiant in the face of utter oblivion. Whether it faces the foul Xenos, or the vile Mutant, or worse, the treacherous Heretic, the Imperium remains standing. Defended by the Hammer of the Emperor, the Imperial Guard, and the Angels of Death, the Adeptus Astartes, and maintained by the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Tech-Priests of Mars, it remains strong even in these dark times.

However, our tale is not of the war machines of the Guard, nor the legendary exploits of the Astartes. It is a tale of His Holy Inquisition, the ever-vigilant secret police, guarding the very souls of humanity. Specifically, it is a tale of the Ordo Hereticus, those who face the traitor heretics, vile mutants, and rogue psykers. We see our people, these Acolytes of the Inquisitor Castus Regis, in a tale not of great wars, nor legendary warriors, but of dark heresy.

It is the 41st Millennium, and there is only war.

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy
Prologue
Heretical Whispers

You are hurried out of the ship by a group of guardsmen, and step foot onto a landing pad for the industrial level of the Hive City of Nyx, on the planet Padrius-4 in the Calixis Sector. Rushing inside, you move down one of the main thoroughfares, finding yourself flanked by tall buildings, the ceiling a solid hundred meters above you. You pass by a relatively-small manufactorum, and head down an alley to the hab block you were ordered to.

Entering, you find it has three levels: main floor with the entrance, a kitchen, and storeroom, the second floor with four bedrooms and a common room, and the third floor with the remaining eight bedrooms. In the common room, you find a dataslate. One of you activates it, and you find a recording of your Inquisitor, Castus Regis.

"The Hive City of Nyx is responsible for mining most of the metal on this planet, and while it has its' own manufactorums, it primarily ships the metal to the other cities for construction, or off-world with the Imperial Tithe. Recently, however, they failed to meet their quota for export to the other cities by a full twenty one percent, despite surpassing their mining quota by nearly two hundred percent. I have already confirmed that there are no administrative errors, so I have sent you in to investigate. This dataslate has a general map of the city, and you should have your Inquisitorial ID with you - bearing my signature, of course.

I cannot stress the importance of this mission. I have acolyte groups operating in the other cities, of course. The only reason this is a hive world, rather than a forge world, is due to the early colony ships. After all, the ore here is of sufficiently high quality that several major battles were fought over it, one even involving the Adeptus Titanicus.

Send a weekly report via astropath. My ship is in orbit."

You are free to do as you please. It is roughly noon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2013, 07:18:08 pm »

"Hrmmm. Interesting. Well, where should we begin?"

See if there is any information about our location in the hive, like a map or signage.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2013, 07:23:49 pm »

"Hrmmm. Interesting. Well, where should we begin?"

See if there is any information about our location in the hive, like a map or signage.

You find a map on the dataslate. You also notice that the message has been deleted.

You are currently in the Xi industrial level. Directly beneath you is the Ix industrial level, and directly above you is the Ixi trade level.

Sounds like someone wasn't happy when they named this place. You are, specifically, located in a housing block just off to the side of one of the manufactorums. There's a small plaza with a few vendors, a bar, and other misc. locations about a minute away from where you are.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »

Might as well check our supplys
Inspect the storeroom and common room for any supplies

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

[Per:1d100:45] You find enough food for two weeks for all of you, but...

[Per:1d100:1] [What.] You notice that some of this food is, strangely enough, extremely high quality - as if they were meant for a noble. However, the decor of the place is what you'd expect for industrial-level housing.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2013, 07:46:17 pm »

[Per:1d100:1] [What.] You notice that some of this food is, strangely enough, extremely high quality - as if they were meant for a noble. However, the decor of the place is what you'd expect for industrial-level housing.
((WTF... I expect this to be the only 1 roll i get during this whole campaign))
Take some for the High quality food for later

Seem like someone left some food for us, anyone hungry from the journey?

Edit:Also might as well inspect my fellow acolyte for combat readiness for the near future 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:52:22 pm by Evilsx »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2013, 07:52:29 pm »

"I do not require nutrition at this time, no. Very interesting naming system. I approve. We are currently on level Xi, and there are a few shops located nearby, including a bar."

Try and memorize the map, and pocket the dataslate.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »

Take some for the High quality food for later

Seem like someone left some food for us, anyone hungry from the journey?

Edit:Also might as well inspect my fellow acolyte for combat readiness for the near future

[Per:1d100:36]

Hm. One of your companions looks like she's with the Arbites. She has a mean-looking shotgun and a reasonably large knife - and she looks like she knows how to use them. There's two guardsmen, the two bickering on the transport - you believe their names were Eisen and Modi Tyrson. Eison looks like he's a decent shot, and Modi looks fairly tough.

Judging by the other conversations, you've got two psykers with you, too - a Xanaros and Cromwell, both from some feral worlds. Xanaros seems fairly stubborn, probably has quite a lot of willpower. You also have the tech-priest - he doesn't look like a good shot, but he seems intelligent enough. Maybe if he got his hands on some explosives, or some such. You don't recall hearing his name.

Lastly, you've got some cleric - he looks rather skilled with the sword he brought with him, and looks surprisingly tough, for a cleric. Again, you don't know his name.

"I do not require nutrition at this time, no. Very interesting naming system. I approve. We are currently on level Xi, and there are a few shops located nearby, including a bar."

Try and memorize the map, and pocket the dataslate.

((Knew the tech-priest would appreciate it.))

Consider it pocketed and memorized.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:08:29 pm by HFS »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »

Flavion sighs

Might as well hand over the dataslate for an minute so i can known the local area...
What is your name Tech-priest, Just calling you that is impolite from where i come from
Memorize the map on the dataslate

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »

Eisen took a deep breath and gave a rare smile. Though the cities were much uglier than the ones back home, it was nostalgic nonetheless. The smells, the sounds, the unmistakable feel of kilometers of metal and rockcrete -- this truly was a hive city.

"Alright. First thing we should do is get some local intel. I doubt we'll be able to find out why the tithes are short so easily, but we might start figuring out what to do next."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »

"Fral."

Hand over the dataslate.

"Do be careful with that. As for intel, I suggest starting with some of the shadier places. Low-lives always seem to know something, or have ways to get such info."

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »

Take the Slate and start to memories it
The bar seem the best place to check out, but we might want to wait for the sun to go down first if you want the see the main lot for scum with 'information' we need to come out...

And don't worry Fral, I will treat this as it is an holy item from the emperor

((I now expect this thing to explode now :P ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »

"I must remind you, there is no sun this deep in the hive. The day night cycle is determined by a dimming of the luminators."

((Curses, he figured it out! :p))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

"Just like home then," Eisen said, looking completely at ease at the concept of no sunlight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2013, 09:12:20 pm »

Take the Slate and start to memories it )

Memorized.

((Curses, he figured it out! :p))

((Hate to tell you, but Demolitions is an Advanced Skill, so you can't use it.

I don't think you have demolitions. Lemme check.

Nope)).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41