Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71089 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #555 on: October 13, 2014, 09:46:31 am »

Oh stop with the zombie stuff :P

Still made me laugh though.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #556 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:46 am »

During a press conference showed by cnn, they said that there was a serious breach of protocol somewhere.  The Spanish nurse that got Ebola said that she remembered touching her face at some point, it's those tiny breaches of protocol that probably got them.
They said there was "probably" a breach of protocol, but that they haven't found it yet.

This is how the logic works:
A. Ebola is perfectly containable, just follow the rules and don't goof up.
B. Hey, I followed the rules and I got Ebola.
C. YOU DUN GOOFED

Besides smacking of "blame the victim", it creates a hole where I worry medical staff aren't looking harder at "what are we missing?" rather than "what did this person do wrong?"
IIRC the nurse turned herself in before she was symptomatic and said "hey I think I touched my face, I don't remember exactly but that could've happened so contain me".

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:53 am »

From what I read and watched, it was a breach of protocol. She touched her face immediately after touching contaminated materials, or something like that.

That was the Spanish nurse, we don't know yet what happened with the Dallas nurse.
Oh, okay, I'm a bit out of the loop. I was on a campout this weekend, and couldn't listen to the news. We've got rules against electronics on campouts, mostly for the young boys, but I'm a leader, so I've got to set a good example.
This is how zombie apocalypses start. "Hey, we're back from camping! Huh, I wonder why the streets are all deserted....I know, we can go ask that guy walking somewhat unsteadily towards us!"
We'd been shooting bows that weekend, so we were prepared for zombies. If the bows didn't work, we could always break open the box containing hatchets.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 13, 2014, 10:00:26 am »

Wouldn't arrows just turn the zombies into pincushions? Though if you had explosive tipped arrows, that's a whole other story.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 13, 2014, 10:01:57 am »

Wouldn't arrows just turn the zombies into pincushions? Though if you had explosive tipped arrows, that's a whole other story.

You can aim for limbs and make it so they can't move.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #560 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:39 am »

A headshot would be more feasible but depending on what kind of bows you have your target arrows (I'm assuming you weren't hunting animals with the children) might not be adequate-

*picks up thread and places it gently back on the rails*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 13, 2014, 10:19:22 am »

multi_rail_drifting.png

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 13, 2014, 10:24:42 am »

When we need to cook with a stove instead of a fire, we use propane. Normally, we hook the propane stoves up to a big tank, but we also have some small tanks.

Arrow + propane tank + homemade detonator = boom
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 13, 2014, 11:08:14 am »

Well, yes, boom indeed. But I rather imagine there's less painful options for suicide in the face of zombie apocalypse...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2014, 11:09:32 am »

Nono, see, it's supposed to be a delayed boom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2014, 11:14:40 am »

supposed to be
>_>

I found the problem :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:40 am »

During a press conference showed by cnn, they said that there was a serious breach of protocol somewhere.  The Spanish nurse that got Ebola said that she remembered touching her face at some point, it's those tiny breaches of protocol that probably got them.
The bit about touching her face is likely bullshit, for the record. There's a lot of political pressure associated to the issue, and odds are that she was pressed into admitting that she might have touched her face while removing her gloves. Problem is, nobody remembers such a minor detail, particularily several weeks after the fact, and while sick.

A more worrying point is that the Spanish Ebola protocol is bullshit. For instance, elsewhere, TWO people are supposed to monitor the removal of a worker's ebola hazman suit, while constantly spraying the wearer with disinfectant. Also, Carlos III hospital was mothballed and semidismantled in the ruling party's latest bout of healthcare privatization, meaning that it wasn't very well prepared to handle this crisis.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:04 am »

Also, Carlos III hospital was mothballed and semidismantled in the ruling party's latest bout of healthcare privatization,

Privatizing healthcare? Why did they do that? Did they want to copy the USA healthcare system?
._.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2014, 11:56:35 am »

They could do worse. Of course, when people try to privatize and aren't used to it, it's like the US trying to socialize, i.e., going to go poorly.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 13, 2014, 12:20:02 pm »

You're all mad to even consider using any sort of melee weapons against EbolaZombies. They might still be able to give you Ebola after all, and a melee weapon will, by design, make their internal fluids external.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48