Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71097 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #540 on: October 11, 2014, 11:22:08 am »

No, Shebs are just myths. I don't know what the story could possibly have originated from.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #541 on: October 11, 2014, 11:38:47 am »

im 12 years old and what is sheb
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 11, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

Viruses mutate very quickly in general. Their replication processes are far more flawed than those of cells.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2014, 01:32:36 pm »

Viruses mutate very quickly in general. Their replication processes are far more flawed than those of cells.

Not strictly 'flawed'. Bacterial DNA upwards needs to fulfill a structural role, carry out X different operations to maintain life of the cell, whereas viral DNA is basically the Grey Goo of DNA - as long as it can infect SOMETHING, it can be any random junk.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2014, 03:19:17 pm »

Putin Paul pls, it's only heppenings when the future is so bright I don't need eyes to see it. A few ebola cases is not enough.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 13, 2014, 08:24:35 am »

How about a health worker in "the best health care system in the world" becoming infected?

Up until now, the refrain has been that health care workers in Africa are getting infected rampantly because lolAfricafail, and this assumption that African hygiene is washing your hands in cattle piss.

Now we have a nurse in Dallas who was wearing all the protective gear (not a hazmat suit, but still what the CDC has been saying should be enough gear) and she still got infected. I'm concerned that this strain has a transmission vector that we haven't discovered yet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 13, 2014, 08:30:55 am »

During a press conference showed by cnn, they said that there was a serious breach of protocol somewhere.  The Spanish nurse that got Ebola said that she remembered touching her face at some point, it's those tiny breaches of protocol that probably got them.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 13, 2014, 08:39:48 am »

How about a health worker in "the best health care system in the world" becoming infected?
Hmm...

I'm going with lolAmericafail until proven otherwise :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:01 am »

Hmm...

I'm going with lolAmericafail until proven otherwise :P

Then with the Spanish nurse, I'm going with lolSpainfail until proven otherwise, muahahaha.

(And yes I know you're from the Netherlands, going lolNetherlandsfail doesn't work in this case)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:44:40 am by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:03 am »

During a press conference showed by cnn, they said that there was a serious breach of protocol somewhere.  The Spanish nurse that got Ebola said that she remembered touching her face at some point, it's those tiny breaches of protocol that probably got them.
They said there was "probably" a breach of protocol, but that they haven't found it yet.

This is how the logic works:
A. Ebola is perfectly containable, just follow the rules and don't goof up.
B. Hey, I followed the rules and I got Ebola.
C. YOU DUN GOOFED

Besides smacking of "blame the victim", it creates a hole where I worry medical staff aren't looking harder at "what are we missing?" rather than "what did this person do wrong?"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 13, 2014, 09:11:58 am »

From what I read and watched, it was a breach of protocol. She touched her face immediately after touching contaminated materials, or something like that.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:28 am »

From what I read and watched, it was a breach of protocol. She touched her face immediately after touching contaminated materials, or something like that.

That was the Spanish nurse, we don't know yet what happened with the Dallas nurse.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:26 am »

That was the Spanish nurse, we don't know yet what happened with the Dallas nurse.
Oh, okay, I'm a bit out of the loop. I was on a campout this weekend, and couldn't listen to the news. We've got rules against electronics on campouts, mostly for the young boys, but I'm a leader, so I've got to set a good example.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:04 am »

Oh, okay, I'm a bit out of the loop. I was on a campout this weekend, and couldn't listen to the news. We've got rules against electronics on campouts, mostly for the young boys, but I'm a leader, so I've got to set a good example.
This is how zombie apocalypses start. "Hey, we're back from camping! Huh, I wonder why the streets are all deserted....I know, we can go ask that guy walking somewhat unsteadily towards us!"

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48