Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 71058 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Stormstone World Disaster watch: ITT: Aaaaaaah!
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:21 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Stormstone World Disaster watch: ITT: Aaaaaaah!
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »

On a side note, I feel the need to note that this isn't the same plague that terrorized the medieval ages. That strain is assumed to have eradicated itself.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Yellowstone Volcano-watch
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2014, 09:57:00 pm »

Thank god for this, my media-fueled fear of imminent death was starting to wane here in Colorado. It'd suck to have to wait for next summer for more doom-spelling wildfires, or next spring/autumn for flooding.

...and just as I write this, we flash forward to 1500 years in the future, where Swedish archaeologists dust volcanic ash off of an ancient computer monitor, which after restoration shows the faint image of a sarcastic forum post typed moments before pyroclastic flows burned the image into the screen forever.
^ This post is as relevant now as ever.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

In before the recently discovered old specimen of variola is stolen as well.
Then I can finally yell CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*Conspiracy unveiled. You can always yell conspiracy, because the government wants you to. It was inevitable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

If you want actual conspiracy, just note that, surprise surprise, Iraq lumped in with the Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Materials shortly thereafter. Wonder what exactly that involves, and whether they would have done so without this so called security breach. Nonzero amount of suspicion, there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In before the recently discovered old specimen of variola is stolen as well.
Then I can finally yell CONSPIRACYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it in a pretty dang secure lab? Still though, the fact that it went unrecorded as being there until now is somewhat worrying.

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
Well, fuck.

I think some people have said that it probably wouldn't be good for a dirty bomb? Though they might use it anyway just because of the 'OMFG NUCLEAR MATERIAL!' effect on the public.

Still, if they managed to get ahold of that nuclear material (which is Homeland Securities worst nightmare), will they be able to get ahold of more volatile material?

If you want actual conspiracy, just note that, surprise surprise, Iraq lumped in with the Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear Materials shortly thereafter. Wonder what exactly that involves, and whether they would have done so without this so called security breach. Nonzero amount of suspicion, there.

To be fair, they kind of collapsed.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

It is terrifying.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
Well, fuck.
Well, it'd evidently be difficult to make into a weapon, so that's good news I guess? Worst-case is just a slightly dusty bomb, as opposed to a legitimately dirty one?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Bay12 Yellowstone watch: Roads melting, volcano's acting up again
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »

Some minor updates on the whole Yellowstone Park thing which started this thread, the Yellowstone Park volcano is acting up again and the roads are melting. For those who aren't in the know, Yellowstone Park had a triple earthquake swarm last year which is a sign of weird shit happening in a supervolcano.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Yellowstone watch: Roads melting, volcano's acting up again
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »

Ye gods, doomsday is upon us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48