Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 2: I am the Lizard King  (Read 36089 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 2: I am the Lizard King
« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:53 am »

((Oh, I got the point that Leet was holding Uber back, but I never saw that about his power.
It just always seemed kind of a subversion of Worm's (supposed) theme of 'you/your powers may suck but you can still kick ass'.
This theme is admittedly violated and left crying in a corner by the main character, but whatever.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2013, 12:38:29 am »

Except that when Leet died Uber basically had no purpose in life and just kinda wandered around without direction.

Cause below all the superpower stuff, the guys are friends, man.

man, thinking about those two reminds me of a short fic where Taylor got a 'can fix anything' tinker shard and became 'Haxx'.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:06 am »

'Uh.... huh? The only name I mentioned was my own... this girl has a screw-loose or two doesn't she? Though she seems like a good girl at heart. I guess going along with what she's saying is easier then explaining everything properly...' Lucky thinks after hearing what Violent said. He thinks a little while before coming up with something. "Well nice to meet you Violent. I don't really get what all you're saying but if your here to stop 'Evil' then that's good enough for me. Evil is a being with many bodies and in order to stop it we have to either convince each of it's bodies to stop being bad or as a resort kill the body. One at a time. And chances are high that some of these people are actually one of the bodies of Evil! Though before doing that we should find other people like us who wants to stop Evil to improve our chances of wiping out evil from this dimension! Got all that Violent?"

((Before I post my action, since the map isn't up yet... Wwolin can you tell me who the closest person is to me... and where I'm at on the map. I wanna say there wasn't anything that told me that.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2013, 08:57:50 am »

((Oh, I got the point that Leet was holding Uber back, but I never saw that about his power.
It just always seemed kind of a subversion of Worm's (supposed) theme of 'you/your powers may suck but you can still kick ass'.
This theme is admittedly violated and left crying in a corner by the main character, but whatever.))
((Well, there's a little of that, too.
And I'm not sure how much Taylor "violate and le[aves the theme] crying in a corner," though. Yes,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Besides, "bug control" is a pretty pathetic power...unless you use it right.))

Except that when Leet died Uber basically had no purpose in life and just kinda wandered around without direction.

Cause below all the superpower stuff, the guys are friends, man.
That doesn't make Tattletale's statement any less true. If anything, it sort of rubs it in. If Uber had never met Leet, he never would have entered that purposeless phase.

man, thinking about those two reminds me of a short fic where Taylor got a 'can fix anything' tinker shard and became 'Haxx'.
Huh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2013, 10:25:26 am »

((No, her power even as it is in the start of the story is one of the most powerful in the setting. People just downplay it as 'controls bugs' when it's really 'has complete control of every life form that could be construed as a bug in a 2-block radius. She can also see through their eyes, hear through them, speak through them, and direct them to do whatever she wants with perfect control. She can control an unlimited amount of bugs in her radius with little to no strain, giving her vastly augmented reflexes, ridiculous sensory abilities, the ability to kill almost anyone within her range with no trouble at all, and she can focus on many different things at once due to being able to control each bug individually and not explode from the sensory feedback'. It's very much a story breaker power.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2013, 12:51:09 pm »

((1. "VASTLY improved reflexes"? No. Really, her reflexes are only improved a little. Tattletale's would be way better. Probably Regent's, too, if he worked on it--remember his nervous-system-sense thing?
2. She has to work to get the bugs' senses--other than touch and "I exist!"--to be useful.
3. Yes, she can kill people with them...if she uses the power right.
4. So what if Taylor can control krill, slugs, and earthworms? She almost never controls anything except spiders and various winged insects. Other stuff just isn't useful and/or common.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »

((FUCKIGN...

I advise you guys take it to the derail thread or just continue via PM or something. I for one don't want you guys to have a full-blown debate about Wyrm or whatever it is here and have it keep saying someone posted in my Unread Replies...thingy.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:25 pm »

((Worm. And it's pretty good--you should consider reading it.))
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »

((FUCKIGN...

I advise you guys take it to the derail thread or just continue via PM or something. I for one don't want you guys to have a full-blown debate about Wyrm or whatever it is here and have it keep saying someone posted in my Unread Replies...thingy.))
I'm pretty sure there's a thread for it, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2013, 03:19:41 am »

((Dammit I did it again.))
Sig! Onol

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2013, 03:28:54 am »

PM sent.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2013, 10:45:24 am »

...whew. One thread checked, and I don't think my week-long absence caused me to miss anything here. Still on the waitlist, so can't have spawned and died. 41 threads to go...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »

Can I join the waitlist? I'l post a sheet once I get confirmation.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2013, 05:30:52 pm »

I require a spot on the waitlist.

Name: Golemborg
Looks: Old guy with a big white beard and an eyepatch, wearing a housecoat.
Str:---
End:++++++
Dex:++++++
Aff:---
Luck:---
Bad:---
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]