Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167669 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Trope Page in OP
« Reply #1980 on: December 14, 2013, 08:48:23 pm »

((As long s one is coming, I'm happy :) ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 14, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

((Do we have an ETA or just a soon?  Happy either way, but its nice to know.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 14, 2013, 08:58:35 pm »

Hopefully tonight. Possibly tomorrow afternoon. Maybe tomorrow morning.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »

((Is there a smiley for giddy?))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 16, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »

((...Should I call a gravestone now or later? :( ))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 16, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »

I should have known not to promise...

I sent my laptop in for repairs sooner than expected. And I also spent a good amount of time in transit or with my family yesterday, which was not accounted for when I made my plans.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 16, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »

((Okay then, I forgive you :) ))
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 16, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

((Wird es ein Update heute Abend?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!
« Reply #1988 on: December 16, 2013, 07:13:05 pm »

A crowded theater, lit from above, with the doors opening straight outside. It's a hastily-constructed building, meant to temporarily serve as a meeting place and sometimes movie theater until the construction crews are ready to erect proper structures. Even so, it's sturdily-built, looking to anyone but an expert to be as good a building as any permanent one.
The ceremony reaches the part everyone is interested in: The actual induction of the heroes.
"Aquarius, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
Matthew is sweating profusely, almost regretting coming here. Still, it's the best job he's likely to hold, and with all the water he'll be pretty useful.
"I so swear."
He hopes he won't regret this.
"Banzai, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"Yes."
Momentum looks at the young hero. "I do so swear."
"Bullet Girl, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Wards, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
Bullet Girl nods sullenly. As should be unsurprising, losing half of her mother and siblings had a negative effect on her. There were even rumors that she had tried to commit suicide. She was rather gloomy while being introduced to the other Wards, barely saying a word. Quite a contrast to Thunderfist, who was almost joyful.
Momentum seemed to take this as sufficient, earning a grumble from Banzai. "Mirror Maiden, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I d-do so swear."
Mirror Maiden looks even more nervous than Matthew, practically terrified. She may have joined on a whim as much as anything.
"Plastic Titan, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so swear." Plastic Titan is almost uniquely calm. Half of the inductees have never been heroes; most of the others have little experience. Plastic Titan is one of the more experienced heroes in the city, counting time from his first day in costume to the present, although he has been only a part-time hero until now.
"Red Cross, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so swear."
"Rubber Maniac, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so swear."
"Plane Jane, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so swear."
Selina and Delphinium watch the remaining members of the Seven get inducted, disguised by their PRT uniforms. Phantasm and Slither are onstage with Momentum and Sliver. Blaster and Scatterstep are sitting in the front row of the audience. The other Wards are out patrolling, alongside the Guild and the remnants of the White Lilies.
"Potio, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so swear."
The tinker was perhaps the only person on the stage who looked excited. She was finally getting a chance to be a hero...almost fully aware of what she was getting into, but ignorant enough to not be afraid of what came ahead.
"Thalsian, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Protectorate, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
Thalsian was a bit bored, really. He couldn't help but wonder what the villains were doing while they wasted time on ceremony. He could almost feel the cameras, prodding him, reminding him of the sole reason for this.
"I do so swear."
One more.
"Thunderfist, do you swear to uphold the laws of whatever region you are stationed in, to abide by the guidelines of the Wards, and otherwise abide by the oath previously given?"
"I do so--"
There is a crash, drawing everyone's attention. A dark blue pickup truck crashed through the wall. While the audience is distracted, three villains hurry in from the back: The Deadly Four.
Showtime, Animus thought to himself. He erupted from the floor, joining his teammates. The camera swiveled to point at them, knocking off the operator.
"Heroes of Toronto, your--"
Wi-Fiend didn't get further before chaos erupted. A ball flies in through a window, crackling with energy and depositing two supervillains inside--one concealed by a black robe, one smaller with a pair of red shorts over brown-and-orange scales, as well as a serpentine outline tattooed on his chest. The first throws the ball outside again before vanishing; the scaly one begins growing.
Femur sprints in, depositing Fang, Skull, and Jaw before pausing to catch his breath. Fang quickly summons his sharp shards of force field. "Those fools may talk big, but the Bones--"
Skull is struck by a blue laser, burning a hole through his torso, making him slump over. Green dust coalesces in the form of a scrawny man in a red bodysuit and matching mask, who promptly falls a few meters to the ground and gets tackled by several audience members.
A suit of presumably-occupied, clunky-looking powered armor appears, followed by a teenaged girl in a once-white bodysuit. Capes in the room feel their powers receding, and the scaled man begins to shrink to his unimpressive original size.
"Bit of a downer, that." A tall man in a red bodysuit and a black-lenses ski mask enters the room, followed by a tall, slender woman wearing a filthy trenchcoat and carrying a crude longarm, a shortish man in a white-and-gray bodysuit, a swarm of what seem to be beetles, and a young man who seems to be a hostage. "Although it means I get to take you down, old-school."
Another hole is blown in another wall, letting four individuals with bulky powered armor enter. The symbols emblazoned on their chest leaves no doubt that they are from Morvirtut, that crazy parahuman-sacrificing cult.

You know, despite the fact that better than half the heroes in the city, plus a dozen (actually ten) trained PRT officers, you kinda wish the security was better...

Spoiler: New Superheroes (click to show/hide)

((Wird es ein Update heute Abend?))
You ninja, you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:06:04 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 16, 2013, 07:18:06 pm »

((Perfect timing for me to go to dinner.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 16, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »

Selina nearly panics on the spot! (18) She manages to keep herself under control though. Besides, the cult was after parahumans, and disguised like this, she didn't look like a cape. So she could hit them without them realizing right? Right? She hesitantly tries to fake getting knocked to the ground to wait for an opportunity to shoot containment foam at an assailant.
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 16, 2013, 07:55:45 pm »

Delphinium tries to determine the greatest threats, those most capable of hurting civilians.  She then pulses submission.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 16, 2013, 08:25:01 pm »

Delphinium tries to determine the greatest threats, those most capable of hurting civilians.  She then pulses submission.
Well, it seems the one girl--Nada, from Herbicide--is negating most everyone's powers. The most dangerous individuals are the tinkers, the folks who just broke through the wall, and to a lesser extent the weird and grimy posse of Rats standing beyond the edge of the effect's radius.
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 16, 2013, 09:49:12 pm »

Delphinium pulses submission at the Tinkers.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 17, 2013, 02:47:14 am »

Thinking quickly steven runs towards the nearest non-four villains that are within the dampenening field and begins actively attempting to trample them using his superdense forn and throwing out wide punches in an attempt clothesline the larger threats.

((I am so glad i made this body before coming here, power nullification fields actually make steven more dangerous . Sure he cant phase through stuff but when you cram a few tons of rock into a 6 foot human statue and it decides to punch someone in the face they arent getting up afterwards.))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:56:04 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 137