Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168234 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2013, 04:37:56 pm »

It. What? This is for a demonstration, not straight up in the lab!

Oh well, I can work with it.

Tabitha heads down to the speedster track on the second floor to pre-test it's effectiveness.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:58:03 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »

It. What? This is for a demonstration, not straight up in the lab!
Huh? Um...weren't you going to use it on yourself?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »

Well, yes but I planned to do it in front of the people who approve tinker stuff for general use, you know, they were mentioned when kid win pulled out that giant lazer during the bank robbery.

Though, this event gives me a chance to test it out myself before they get there because it should last for a while, so while it's annoying, it's not especially bothersome.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2013, 05:10:45 pm »

Alright, let's just have you be there when you do it.

You're giving the demonstration. Anything you want to do before having injected the serum?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2013, 05:26:05 pm »

Are you actually going to GM this or are you just going to sit there and tell me to do things?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2013, 05:38:22 pm »

I want to make sure that I understand what you are doing. You complained a moment ago when I misunderstood your intentions; I'm trying to avoid doing that again.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »

You haven't actually done anything. I literally just made up a large portion of the damn heroes headquarters right up off of my head cause apparently you can't describe a building. All you've done is basically 'Wut? Eh? yeah whatevs's you do that thing you were talking about, what do next?'

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending :A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2013, 06:56:30 pm »

Steven lets out a low growl and turns to flee, while confident that kilns powers would be unable to affect him it is not a hupothesis he was willing to test at the moment.
He sees two people come around the corner. They're a girl and a boy, both in their early teens. The girl has a green-brown fuzz on her arms and neck. Steven recognizes her as Gardener, one of the Rats. The other kid is nothing to worry about.
completely missed this between rangercado and scood's conversation... so many posts...

Angered by the fear kiln's control of the sewers was cultivating within him Steven decided to confront his minions and quickly flowed into the walls of the tunnel before gardener could notice him.

Swimming along the length of the tunnel he formed his right forearm into a short sword-like blade and dipped into the floor at the last second to avoid taking on too much of the water weakened stone before bursting forth behind her and driving his sword arm into her back.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2013, 07:37:41 pm »

Her pain was visible on her face, There wasn't anything in his power set to help with that. Maybe if she drank some alcohol from the store.

"Promise me you'll pull your own fucking weight and help me because if you die, it's not going to be because Ididn't do what I could. It would have been because your a fucking moron and secondly if you do die now, I'm going to be pissed."

He would have tried to save her anyway really.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2013, 07:50:07 pm »

Selina managed a nod and struggled up to a standing position, in clear pain. She decided silence was a better option... Silence... She had flinched when he swore as well. Where could they go? The protectrate would imprison her if they got her... Hospitals too... But where else could they go? The pain was terrible, but she had been through much worse... So much worse...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2013, 08:22:15 pm »

"good"
Kevin took a glance at the drunken man. Who was clumsily making his way toward them.
"That bullet had some stuff on it that I can't touch with my power. I don't know that it's poison but I like to assume the worst. At the very least it's a foreign agent. I make the assumption that this is a para-human attack"

"I have come up with several ideas" Kevin started hearing sirens in the distance
"The first is to wait here and I tell them what I know about your wound before they do anything easily predictable by the enemy and kill you accidentally. I'll probably be arrested but I'm betting there is enough video evidence to show I didn't do it even on those terrible cheap camera phones and ill be set free eventually."
"The second is to go directly to the PRT building and find their healer. Riskier, honestly this is the one most likely to fail and bite me in the butt later"
"The third is something else if you can think of anything."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:29:04 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »

Selina looked afraid, what could she do? If it was poison, she'd be dead before the police helped most likely... But the PRT would send her to the birdcage... Or worse! But what could she do!? (2)

"Pl-please... T-t-take me to... T-t-to the PRT... Pl-please... Y-y-you can l-l-leave me th-there... J-just... Please..." Selina looks at him pleadingly.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

"Thanks for letting me know. I'll go speak with him." Sliver turns to head out the door, but turns.
"And this leadership stuff...it's tough. You probably know I'm stressed, buy I don't think you get why. Imagine for a sec that every little failure we've had as a team weighed down on your shoulders, and on top of that you had to fill out paperwork for pretty much any time anyone on the team steps out of line, and schoolwork and stuff, and all of that. You start cutting out sleep, personal time. And you start to doubt yourself. Am I doing all I can? Can I do more? Could I have saved Bullhit that whatever it was if I had [aid a bit more attention to reports? Heavy is the head that wears the crown, Elena...and this crown doesn't come with a lot of side benefits. Or ability to delegate, for that matter."[color]

She sighs. "Sorry, it's just...stressful, you know? And I let it build up, because it's all there, there's no one to vent to unless I book one of the PRT shrinks, and this all just seems so petty for them to deal with. So then I lash out at people trying to be nice. I'm sorry."

((sorry, got busy))

Elena, remorseful, nodded her head but kept it down.  "You know that I'm always here to talk, and the crown wouldn't be as heavy with some support." She brought her head up in inspiration, "Since I, you know, kinda live here, do you think that I could help with your paperwork?  I mean, if you can't delegate it, why not at least have someone working on it with you?."

Seeing his look of incredulity, as well as the slight sparks of distrust that danced on his skin, hurt Elena.  "Or not," she said just barely concealing her disappointment, "just, please give it some thought once our patrol is over.  Besides, Bullhit needs to be debriefed and with him here, they are short out there." 

She put her visor on, completing her outfit.  Elena's Delphinium costume was intended to beget images of the delphinium flower, varying greens from the bottom up to about her solarplexus, where what appeared to be brilliant purple and blue flower petals hung low, lightening up to her head, which was covered by a white cowl and visor combination.  It was comprised of standard PRT issue materials with the "petals" providing additional padding.  The visor was a hardened glass that covered her entire face and was largely one directional.

Sliver, turning back around, headed out to greet Bullhit.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2013, 10:03:32 pm »

Kevin frowned. Both of the plans he came up with were terrible and he was hoping Sarah would come up with a better one.

"You guysh need a car?I'll do whatever I cann to help" The drunken man had heard their conversation as he approached.

"Ya, we could use one, where is it." Kevin said

The drunken man pointed down the street.

"over that-a-away" Then momentarily looked confused
"no wait, not there." and he spun around nearly tripped on himself and ended up pointing in the same direction.
"that way."

It didn't matter, that was the direction they needed to go to get to the PRT building anyway.
Kevin grabbed the drunken man put him over his shoulder and started running
"Come on Sarah, let's go."

The drunken man was staring at Sarah while still being draped over Kevins shoulder emitting nothing but an ongoing"huuuuuu" sound with the occasional hiccup and burp.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:36:02 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2013, 10:06:14 pm »

You haven't actually done anything. I literally just made up a large portion of the damn heroes headquarters right up off of my head cause apparently you can't describe a building. All you've done is basically 'Wut? Eh? yeah whatevs's you do that thing you were talking about, what do next?'
1. I never asked you to describe the building. I never saw the need.
2. I'm still not sure what you're trying to do. You're demonstrating this; what does that mean?

Angered by the fear kiln's control of the sewers was cultivating within him Steven decided to confront his minions and quickly flowed into the walls of the tunnel before gardener could notice him.

Swimming along the length of the tunnel he formed his right forearm into a short sword-like blade and dipped into the floor at the last second to avoid taking on too much of the water weakened stone before bursting forth behind her and driving his sword arm into her back.
[13+3v19]
Gardener, by luck or speed, managed to avoid Steven's strike.

((sorry, got busy))
((It's no big deal.))

Elena, remorseful, nodded her head but kept it down.  "You know that I'm always here to talk, and the crown wouldn't be as heavy with some support." She brought her head up in inspiration, "Since I, you know, kinda live here, do you think that I could help with your paperwork?  I mean, if you can't delegate it, why not at least have someone working on it with you?."

Seeing his look of incredulity, as well as the slight sparks of distrust that danced on his skin, hurt Elena.  "Or not," she said just barely concealing her disappointment, "just, please give it some thought once our patrol is over.  Besides, Bullhit needs to be debriefed and with him here, they are short out there."
"...Thanks for offering to help. I'll...I'll see if I can find something for you to do. Thanks."
Sliver, turning back around, headed out to greet Bullhit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137