Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Lost at Sea: A build a village game. In which Stella continues to be useless.  (Read 64247 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost at Sea: A build a village game.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 01:47:11 am »

> Finder: Examine rectangular object with symbols.
There are 2 objects that fit that description. Which one?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:51:29 am by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 01:47:36 am »

Leader picks out the instrument directly to the left of the top-right instrument, feeling the weight of it in his hands.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 01:51:46 am »

> Finder: Examine rectangular object with symbols.
There are 2 objects that fit that description. Which one?
why, both of course! the small one first.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:40 am »

eyes examines why the constructed devices attached to but not part of the floatation device may be there, as it seems unlikely they help make the device float. Experiment with these devices to help determine purpose.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 01:55:41 am »

eyes examines why the constructed devices attached to but not part of the floatation device may be there, as it seems unlikely they help make the device float. Experiment with these devices to help determine purpose.
we shall do so on land, otherwise we might lose them to the not-breathable liquid forever.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 01:57:46 am »

we shall do so on land, otherwise we might lose them to the not-breathable liquid forever.

Is the not liquid moving towards us? Or is it more or less stationary in regards to our position?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:48 am »

Finder, as he's named himself, examines the two boxlike objects with markings. He can't read them, but he can open them. In the smaller one, there are a number of small thin rods made out of the brown presumably organic solid material. At the tips of these small thin rods are small red spheres of an unknown composition.
In the larger boxlike object with markings are a rather large quantity of silver-colored bars. The bars make a crinkling noise when touched.

While Finder rummages through the boxlike objects with markings, Box-Claimer grabs an object and attacks the liquid! It is surprisingly effective at propelling the constructed floatation device toward the non-liquid.

Meanwhile Leader takes another object and inspects it. It is very heavy at one end, and the smaller end is easy to grasp.

Eyes and Flounder ponder on the constructed floatation device and the objects. They also examine the non-liquid and conclude that they are getting closer, quite quickly, in fact.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 03:15:27 am »

Leader commands Box-claimer to keep up the pace.

Edit: Seems I mixed up the name a bit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:47:26 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 06:16:19 am »

Flounder dubs the liquid breathe

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 07:40:27 am »

>Someone grab the brown long stick with a wider part and use it to hit the water

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 08:59:39 am »

Name any of the following who lack names:
Spoiler: Names (click to show/hide)
((They probably all already have names, but meh...))

Eyes(ack?): [b ]Take one of the long objects along the side of the boat and strike the water with them to cause propulsion. Implore someone else to do the same with the other.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 11:53:26 am »

I don't see why you feel a need to give names to sentient organic lifeforms that already have them, but Leader directs Box-claimer forward with his Leader-Staff.
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

I don't see why you feel a need to give names to sentient organic lifeforms that already have them
Because I didn't feel like deleting them after I determined that posters had already named all of them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »

Use the constructed floaty thingys by beating liquid with them to push us towards non'liquid, which will be called home. The differnt things on top of home will be called green.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 03:11:47 pm »

No! we must be a colony of nomads forever sailing the seas only traveling to the accursed not-liquid to gather more material with which to build more constructed floatation devices (call 'em homes)
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30