Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856494 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3990 on: October 29, 2022, 05:55:51 pm »

Until I get enough resources to justify luxury beds, they're all in one barrack. But I also make extensive use of the fine and lavish meals, so that usually makes up for the penalty for the first year or so.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: November 05, 2022, 06:43:43 pm »

I just finished and posted my first mod to the workshop. I was pretty surprised the dlc didn't come with a carry/caravan capacity gene to begin with so I learned how to mod the game just to add it. Here it is in case anyone else was looking for this addition to genes too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884945843
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: November 06, 2022, 10:13:33 am »

In hindsight, putting the armory next to the prison was a very obvious mistake

I just finished and posted my first mod to the workshop. I was pretty surprised the dlc didn't come with a carry/caravan capacity gene to begin with so I learned how to mod the game just to add it. Here it is in case anyone else was looking for this addition to genes too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884945843

I haven't played much with genes yet, but I subscribed anyway ;)
Love, scriver~

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: November 07, 2022, 12:14:35 pm »

In hindsight, putting the armory next to the prison was a very obvious mistake

Wait, you guys have armories? (And don't just throw all your guns into the general storage room where incidentally slaves aren't restricted at all from roaming through? How else will my hauling get done?)
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: November 07, 2022, 01:19:16 pm »

Since I discovered the Deep Storage mods it's just more efficuent
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: November 07, 2022, 01:24:56 pm »

My armoury usually consists of a few shelves in a small room that good gear gets brought to. Usually empty because people are using the gear. Where the room actually goes depends on what I'm doing. Convenience usually just puts it next to the crafting room, to keep hauling distances short, but if I'm doing a medieval colony, military base or something I'll put it in a central keep or a gatehouse.

Bad gear goes to a handful of shelves outside the crafting room to get melted down.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3996 on: November 08, 2022, 11:33:25 am »

I always have a secure armory and a bunker for explosive/flammable materials. Raiders who break into your storage, or prisoners breaking out, can and will raid your armory for weapons and it is not fun (but very !FUN!) when they grab a triple rocket launcher or something.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: November 08, 2022, 02:10:49 pm »

The issue with storing it all in one place is you can have half the map go up from a misplaced fire or a mortar bomb.
Ten thousand litres of chemfuel an two Helixien tanks, lets just say makeing my slaves fear fire did not help at all.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3998 on: November 08, 2022, 04:14:09 pm »

The issue with storing it all in one place is you can have half the map go up from a misplaced fire or a mortar bomb.
Ten thousand litres of chemfuel an two Helixien tanks, lets just say makeing my slaves fear fire did not help at all.
Which is why I always leave a nice 5 tile gap of non-flammable ground cover like concrete between the bunker and anything else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:56 pm »

That solves the problem of the base burning down, but the loss of loot is still an issue. Decentralization and redundancy are ideal for that reason.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4000 on: November 09, 2022, 10:15:24 am »

Fair. I usually just chalk it up to random chance if something actually manages to ignite my bunkers. The wealth loss is usually more boon than problem anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: November 13, 2022, 12:32:57 pm »

Finally got around to trying out Warcaskets from Vanilla Expanded.

I like them a lot. Feels like a better version of the big war droids from Android Tiers.

Inspiration is obviously warhammer dreadnoughts and MEC troopers from XCOM, what with the whole arms being removed and sealed inside a suit thing.

Did find one annoying thing, one of my two casket soldiers got their head blown off by the big ass blaster the Diabolus has, and when I ressurected her her helmet was still missing and I can't just repair her suit. So now I need to decide between sticking a normal helmet on her or ripping her out of the warcasket and installing her in a new one.

EDIT: Never mind, she got killed fighting mechanoids and her body was vaporised in an explosion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:33:40 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: November 15, 2022, 11:06:39 am »

Just a little mutant boy riding his Camarasaurus around.

I'm having a lot of fun with Biotech and all the new war crimes it introduced. I'm trying to run an ethical colony, but farming prisoners for their genes is just too addicting; like gacha, but free (actually 100 PLN, but only once) and with DNA instead of pngs of anime girls.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: November 16, 2022, 07:35:55 am »

On the note of war crimes, I have two prisoners with their legs amputated to feed my sanguophage and I'm harvesting the eggs of the woman to grow my vat babies. Granted I also harvest the eggs of all my female colonists when possible, but it's still pretty fucked up.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4004 on: November 16, 2022, 09:28:30 am »

So the next update is letting gas pass through vents.

Is putting a bong on the other side of a vent and getting an invading army incredibly stoned so that they move and fight slower considered a war crime?
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 280