Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: about civilizations  (Read 457 times)

TheSheogorath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
about civilizations
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:56:23 am »

so i started playing df again recently, created a world with really short story(bad idea), i started playing and realized really late that there isnt a goblin civilization thats really lame, but if i play long enough can gobbo civilizations appear?if i attack human and elven trading caravans will they siege me?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: about civilizations
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:28:06 am »

As far as I know when a race/civilization is dead.....it's dead...Are you sure the goblins are extinct world wide or just in your area?

Edit: Didn't see the 2nd q. Yes, if you want their stuff for free just confiscate it, they won't attack and they will bring stuff next year although it will not be as good as you have..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:52:34 am by locustgate »

sirdave79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:40 am »

The easiest way to get elves and humans to attack is using dfhack to get even diplomats to appear and give you a tree cutting quota and human merchants to arrive and then kill them. I've had humans siege me this way.

I always check to make sure if all five are present where I embark now.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »

I always check to make sure if all five are present where I embark now.

To do this hit Tab when choosing your embark spot. It will display different info each tab until you reach the first again, including neighboring civilizations.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit