Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Card Hunter is now live!  (Read 6352 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Card Hunter is now live!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 02:07:36 am »

Are you talking about stuff you bought with pizza you got using cash? Or did you use the pizza from the tutorials?

I just saved it up from the tutorial. The extra equipment really helps, otherwise I get way too many power points unused.

Also mobility shows in the multiplayer games, where having all-dwarves give you a disadvantage in taking victory spots. You can make up for it if you have a few boots of running, sneak, or charge. The extra HP really shows at that stage of the game, where elves become really flimsy hit and run characters.

Oh... apparently, you get a free starter pack when you reach level 6 or so.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:33:09 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 02:08:24 am »

You can make up for it if you have a few boots of running, sneak, or charge

Most classes have REALLY easy ways around this. Don't underestimate the mobility of a Dwarven Warrior.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 02:17:32 am »

You can make up for it if you have a few boots of running, sneak, or charge

Most classes have REALLY easy ways around this. Don't underestimate the mobility of a Dwarven Warrior.
It's not a complete subversion though. You're only gonna have about 2 dash cards and still more than 5 or 6 walk cards. Meanwhile an Elf pretty much only has dash cards. Not to mention you're sacrificing armour and crap by giving him dash cards instead. A dwarf will never be as consistently mobile as an Elf or Human.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 02:20:32 am »

Not dash cards... Warriors have this skill that lets them run insane lengths and deal lots of damage... more then one.

Beware the Bulldozer Dwarves.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:30:04 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 02:40:12 am »

Not dash cards... Warriors have this skill that lets them run insane lengths and deal lots of damage... more then one.

What, charge? It doesn't do that much damage really.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 02:45:54 am »

I said more then one!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 02:55:44 am »

I said more then one!
Once you use the first charge card then you're right next to your target! It does damage based on the number of spaces moved, so if you're right next to him.. You can't do any damage. More than a single charge card isn't much use. One is plenty good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 02:59:54 am »

and now that you dealt 10 damage, you can pretty much tear whatever you ran into apart... and you did it from a HUGE distance away (10 spaces)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:11 am »

'Charge' is 5 spaces. 1 crushing damage per space. Also you were talking about using multiple charges, which is silly.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:38 am »

'Charge' is 5 spaces. 1 crushing damage per space.

There are other warrior skills that are basically "Transpire a large number of spaces and deal damage"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 03:05:39 am »

There are other warrior skills that are basically "Transpire a large number of spaces and deal damage"
Yes, like Lunges and Dashes, which let you take a step before attacking and doing a set amount of damage. But Charge does damage per space, and you must move in a straight line. Not the same thing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 03:07:32 am »

Yes, like Lunges and Dashes, which let you take a step before attacking and doing a set amount of damage. But Charge does damage per space, and you must move in a straight line. Not the same thing.

Better then the Lunge and Dash. You will find it later, it is pretty much a staple move of a Dwarf Warrior. I cannot remember its name though.

Mind you the most "unfair" move, to me, in the game is Lava tile manipulation. I miss my old wizard, he was so good at that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:11:49 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 03:14:28 am »

Better then the Lunge and Dash. You will find it later, it is pretty much a staple move of a Dwarf Warrior. I cannot remember its name though.

Mind you the most "unfair" move, to me, in the game is Lava tile manipulation. I miss my old wizard, he was so good at that.
..okay.. I don't much use those abilities anyways. I have a human warrior, an elven priest, and a dwarven wizard.

Why is that? Is it like acid, or does it do damage as you cross it or something?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2013, 03:15:54 am »

Lava does 20 damage if you end your turn in it.

Acid is pretty bad, especially for some builds, but that is a petty annoyance and much better against NPCs most of the time. One lava can pretty much end you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:18:04 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2013, 03:25:56 am »

Lava does 20 damage if you end your turn in it.

Acid is pretty bad, especially for some builds, but that is a petty annoyance and much better against NPCs most of the time. One lava can pretty much end you.
wat.

Acid is bad news for pretty much anyone since ending your turn on it forces you to discard all of your armour cards (!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5