Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread  (Read 26227 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:50 am »

Bumping this up from the depths of oblivion, just because.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2013, 07:42:47 am »

Question for Caesar: is the possibility of gaining spheres still a thing? I saw no mention against or for it in the rules.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2013, 09:37:31 am »

Yes, spheres can still be gained.

And don't worry- The game is not in oblivion. Like I said- I was occupied by several exams this past week. I am starting work on the turn post today. I expect it to be done by Tuesday latest. I'll keep you all up to date! :)

Wait- Almost everyone did post, right? I'll have to double-check.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:43:25 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:35 am »

Just posted.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »

Azthor, isn't that a little metagamey. I technically haven't done any of that stuff yet; it's what I am going to do in the future. (as in when the turn get's posted)

Edit: Not to mention, I just made my troops resistant to magic... cough cough, magic plague.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:16:28 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »

Now, if we cannot act on a move chronologically within the same turn, no move can be countered, in that they'd always necessarily take effect before anyone could hope to react. Of course, if Caesar were to tell me that is the case, then, indeed, I am in the wrong and will change my actions accordingly, as well as refrain from acting in kind in the future. I do not, however, currently believe that to be the case.

As for the Enforcers, not only is it quite possible that I am unaware of their existence, they are hardly the sole target for the plague, the dead and the defenseless being first and foremost. That and, as of yet, we do not know whether or not they are shielded from divine 'magic'. The later, in particular, only the update will tell.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:57:32 pm by Azthor »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2013, 08:00:51 pm »

That and, as of yet, we do not know whether or not they are shielded from divine 'magic'.
Previous experience suggests yes.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2013, 08:32:09 pm »

Yeah but what's stopping me from now adding on an additional action to counter yours. And then you adding another action to counter mine...

And if the last person to post their turn gets to counter the actions of others while they can't in turn do the same, it promotes an attitude where no one actually wants to post first because it punishes them.

Anyway, I don't really see why waiting until the update would prevent countering other people's actions but if we are doing things that way, I suppose I'll post my counter - counter action some time tomorrow.

Edit: Personally, I guess I just don't wan this to devolve into whoever gets the last post wins.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:37:52 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »

Yeah but what's stopping me from now adding on an additional action to counter yours. And then you adding another action to counter mine...

And if the last person to post their turn gets to counter the actions of others while they can't in turn do the same, it promotes an attitude where no one actually wants to post first because it punishes them.

Anyway, I don't really see why waiting until the update would prevent countering other people's actions but if we are doing things that way, I suppose I'll post my counter - counter action some time tomorrow.

Well, the main limiter on things like that is that it gets expensive, fast, if you keep using Acts to counter shit.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:49 pm »

Personally, I consider post order to be like chess: if your finger isn't on the chess piece (If you have finished your post), then the chess piece is moved. Though, we should probably wait until Caesar gives the lowdown.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »

I don't have to use acts. For example, I'm currently being framed for creating undead. All it would take for me to counter that is either having my agent tell people it's not true (because my followers literally think that's my form) or sending another vision to that guy which probably would cost an act but might not because I've already communicated with him and he's familiar with me.

I can't really counter him creating undead this turn but it's not hard for me to counter the lie, it just forces me to write another post.

Edit: And again, the one way encourages me to wait until late the night before to post.

It's fine whatever we do, I just am a little biased towards my way because I think it's easier and more fair.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:59:58 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:31 pm »

Personally, I consider post order to be like chess: if your finger isn't on the chess piece (If you have finished your post), then the chess piece is moved. Though, we should probably wait until Caesar gives the lowdown.
This sounds like a terrible way to keep the game running in a timely fashion.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2013, 09:16:12 pm »

This sounds like a terrible way to keep the game running in a timely fashion.
Indeed. Chess matches/games solve this by shouting at the player to get a move on. :P

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »

When you don't have a defined action order and acting earlier puts you at a disadvantage, saying "hurry up" isn't really a help.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31:19 pm »

or you could not powergame, that's a thing, you know.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17