Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44134 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - Fighting over a corpse again: Tantrum impending?
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »

"Well, now that that's resolved.."

Practice runes on a nearby stone.  Attempt to find the rune for control.  Test the rune by sending a small amount of energy to it.

((And I was basing the club idea off of this kind of thing, except with claws instead of flint))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

(( Lol so you used a claw? Which is curved? Good job lol you have a club with claws that will break off unless you use your club to slash not hit. If you wanted that kind of thing you should have used teeth...... They would have been far more effective and stronger.))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:11 pm »

"Oooooh, draco, That musta felt good. I should try. Then I'm gonna make something to help me get deeper. Knock Patrick Hunt out, grab a relatively large bone/fragment, carve a symbol into that that is supposed to display the tracks of animals if shaken twice.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2013, 06:26:39 pm »

(Personally, I really like seeing the rolls with the turn, and I think the quotes are a handy way of seeing people's actions, but I don't feel too strongly on the quotes.)

Improve the door to the cave entrance
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »

I'm done, please have me and my wolf drop dead of a heart attack or something if I fail to murder him.

Actually I have a much better idea.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:37:16 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »

No, have me "Accidentally" Kill patrick by knocking him too much. THEN I run off to claim his wolf! :D
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

And Rune is onto the ignore list for blatant meta gaming and trolling.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:36:25 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

Use sticks and stones to make spears and axes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:40 pm »

Ask Urist for a sharp stick. Craft totem with the head of the beast.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

(Personally, I really like seeing the rolls with the turn, and I think the quotes are a handy way of seeing people's actions, but I don't feel too strongly on the quotes.)
((So having them in a spoiler isn't working well for you?))

"Oooooh, draco, That musta felt good. I should try. Then I'm gonna make something to help me get deeper. Knock Patrick Hunt out, grab a relatively large bone/fragment, carve a symbol into that that is supposed to display the tracks of animals if shaken twice.
((Seriously, will everyone use symbolic nonsense for magic??? I want something more fun... :P ;) ))

((I hope Scapheap posts tonight, cause I think tonight's update will be interesting. As a final note, I would not say that anyone in particular has engaged in any unnecessary or excessive harassing of any other player. Various play styles have come out during this game, and thinks have gradually escalated in a fairly natural way, so your character can be violent towards another character, but lets not too aggressive towards each other as individuals. ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »

((So having them in a spoiler isn't working well for you?))
i like having the rolls incorporated into the physical turn, not in a spoiler. I don't know why, but I prefer it that way.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

i like having the rolls incorporated into the physical turn, not in a spoiler. I don't know why, but I prefer it that way.
((Okay, I'll put rolls after bolded names, if that what others want as well. I'd really prefer to keep quotes in the spoiler though, otherwise they prevent continuity in the narrative.))
My Area

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:06 am »

((Okay, I'll put rolls after bolded names, if that what others want as well. I'd really prefer to keep quotes in the spoiler though, otherwise they prevent continuity in the narrative.))
I support this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You want something more? With my 1/2 intuition skill? Fiiiine.... Attempt casting a simple spell that will allow me to see the tracks of wild animals.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

You want something more? With my 1/2 intuition skill? Fiiiine.... Attempt casting a simple spell that will allow me to see the tracks of wild animals.
((just for clarification, are you still beating on Patrick?))
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35