Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I write about your characters?

Using your forum name (As I have been)
- 9 (39.1%)
Using your character name (As I do in my other RtD)
- 11 (47.8%)
No opinion
- 2 (8.7%)
I shouldn't, I really need to stop running games. It's that bad.
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Roll to Survive - This game will Survive!  (Read 44136 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive - More cave monsters, but less tantrumming!
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

I think Scapheap and Rune should get a feat for slaying the cave-monster

Collect more Driftwood and vines.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »

(( Not really, it's only 1 monster you'd need more then that. I curb stomped half a pack of wolves and pulled off olympic level acrobatics in the process and only got a confidence bonus for 1 fight. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

((Scapheap did, because of really good fighting a specific weapon. I'm considering what trait Rune can earn. He already has +1 for most all hunting stuff, and +2 is extreme. Any suggestions? Also, you did get a wolf pet Patrick. Or at least the potential for it to be a pet ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2013, 06:27:11 pm »

((Well, we are safe, so I will experiment with magic.))

Grab a useless piece of wood and try to carve a rune that makes plants grow.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »

(( Lol yeah by action not by reward :P if I'd just killed it I'd have got nothing and anyway I was in the fight to shouldn't I get a feat as well if they get it for the fight? Scap got one for stabbing an animal that was already dead.

How does earning a feat work?

If it's just from experience then I've got equal to rune. 2 perfect stealth kills and 4 perfect stealth attack in the space of 30 minutes. ))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:32:41 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »

I call bones! Make some light bone armor out of that.

Also, assume I am fetching arrows out of dead- things. Also, give me a plus 1 to aiming the bow. Make aiming and the damage dealt 2 different rolls. K?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:34:20 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2013, 06:33:30 pm »

(( Hah bit much for 1 feat mate. ))
Caine's law.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2013, 06:51:23 pm »

Also, assume I am fetching arrows out of dead- things. Also, give me a plus 1 to aiming the bow. Make aiming and the damage dealt 2 different rolls. K?
((How about this, I'll give you a 20% chance to have +1 in a ranged combat roll. And I know you're fetching some arrows, but normally a person can't recover arrows too terribly frequently, not in the era you guys are in. Just go craft some more :P Maybe out of bone... ;) Also, Patrick, I promise there will be feats to go around. I'm just adding them as remarkable things happen. If you read my description of what Scapheap did, it's more that merely stabbing a dead corpse. It's epic fighting awesomeness. You mostly didn't get a feat earlier because it was so early, and you and Rune rolled far too well. In this past battle rolls were dismal, and it's about time for you guys to get some character developement.))

((Well, we are safe, so I will experiment with magic.))

Grab a useless piece of wood and try to carve a rune that makes plants grow.
((It's fine if you wanna use runes too, but just remember you don't have to. You can use whatever you like. ))
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2013, 06:51:54 pm »

Edit: Annoying double post
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2013, 06:59:56 pm »

(( Huh, ok. Still just awesome stab on a dead body though :P.

Also, that sucks lol. I had good luck earlier then this so I get no feat. Stupid RNG always screwing me over.))
Caine's law.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »

((I know that I can do other things, but runecrafting is the most flexible kind of maigic, so I'll stick to that. If something bad happens, I will probably not end up being burned, just making something that burns))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »

((I know that I can do other things, but runecrafting is the most flexible kind of maigic, so I'll stick to that. If something bad happens, I will probably not end up being burned, just making something that burns))
((Lol, nice logic with the burning))
My Area

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »

((Well, I'm definitely glad I gave you that polearm.))

Attempt to make a weapon using the claws of the beast.  Embedding them in a wooden handle to form axe-club type weapon etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:34:03 pm by draco1234 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2013, 07:15:13 pm »

((Also, it has long lasting effects, so once I have a good roll, I'll stick with it.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

(( UHm Draco... I'm already taking the claws.... Generally a bad idea to steal from an assassin....))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35