Poll

null

void
- 0 (0%)
(u cant vote bcuz 0 u dumdum)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120

Author Topic: YOU AT DERAIL: REVENGE OF MINECRAFT RTD  (Read 239302 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Derail
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »

Screw this I'm going home.
How was that a six? A six implies a good thing happening.

In my RTDs (and according to TV Tropes; I actually discovered RTDs through the TV Tropes page) a 6 means that the action was too successful, and results in something bad happening.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2013, 10:17:03 pm »

That wasn't even successful to begin with though. I mean that could be a one but not a six.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2013, 10:19:57 pm »

In my RTDs (and according to TV Tropes; I actually discovered RTDs through the TV Tropes page) a 6 means that the action was too successful, and results in something bad happening.
Still seems pretty shaky. Typically, a 6 results in your overenthusiasm causing something bad to happen in addition to the success. For example, you want to launch a missile at something. You roll a 6. You launch a nuke at your target, completely destroying it and everything around it for miles, and spreading deadly radiation around. The complaint with the action was that it was less too successful, and more counter to what was intended.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2013, 10:21:32 pm »

Still seems pretty shaky. Typically, a 6 results in your overenthusiasm causing something bad to happen in addition to the success. For example, you want to launch a missile at something. You roll a 6. You launch a nuke at your target, completely destroying it and everything around it for miles, and spreading deadly radiation around. The complaint with the action was that it was less too successful, and more counter to what was intended.

Hmm, that's true. Since I don't think that action had an effect on anything, I'll edit it to something more suitable.

[Edit]Done. Yeah, that really didn't make sense for a 6. The new one is better, though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:23:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »

Well that's much better.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2013, 10:36:50 pm »

Invade the earth with the help of the moonlings from the moon.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2013, 10:48:00 pm »

Yeah, 6's are tough. They're easiest in minimalists, but sometimes...

Anyways.

Make up with GWP by destroying the zombies. Win-win!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2013, 10:48:12 pm »

Respawn in a giant cloud of smoke, by being coughed out by the main villain as a plot twist!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2013, 11:11:39 pm »

Suck all the life out of derails, and heal myself!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2013, 01:01:18 am »

get out of the magma my summoning a magma proof suit and walking out throwing magma at people
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Kittens vs Crossbows, Round 1
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 01:03:57 am »

"So anyway, I was trying to figure out why people are assuming that playing a minimalist RTD focused on derailing its own plot could be derailed by giving chaotic orders. I mean, it's a minimalist. Chaotic orders are kinda the plot of the story, the main thing it is about. giving strange, out of nowhere actions is perfectly on topic."

"but then I realized something, something that changed everything."

"Kittens are furry"

"you see, kittens have this very light fur that is just so soft to touch, that it practically compels people to pet them and love them. It's not some made up thiing, it's their real fur. seriously, come over here and pet this cute little thing."

Lenglon beckons to all of the other players with her left hand, holding a young kitten cradled in her right arm against her chest

"see what I mean? it's simply impossible to deny the power of this cute little kitty! the simple cuteness, this adoreable fur, it's a force truly beyond reckoning."

"And that, my friends, is why Kittens are better than crossbows, and none of you can argue against this fact, no matter how hard you try. for the mighty kitten shall always, ALWAYS triumph over that meager piece of shaped wood. and don't you dare try to stop me."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 01:35:34 am »

Throw my arch enemy the stone at Lenglon's kitten. (Purely by accident.)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:08 am »

Shoot Lenglon with a crossbow to win the argument.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:32 am »

I pull out a dog. "NOT TODAY LENGLON" Throw a million dogs at plot important characters.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »

Using my universe rulingness, order everyone to raise zombies to help me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120