Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Greenlight Giveaway! - Finally, the winners!  (Read 6039 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Greenlight Giveaway! - Finally, the winners!
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »

Good morning/day/evening, Bay Watchers! As you may or may not know, Steam has recently added about 50 Greenlit games to the store, and is celebrating with a massive sale. I figure that now would be a great time to help give back to this awesome community by helping those who have a hard time purchasing things online, or lack the funds to do so.

And so I present this giveaway! Simply name the Greenlit game you would like to receive, and if you're one of the lucky winners it will be yours! How many winners will there be? That depends on you, the participants! See, I have around $30 to contribute during this sale, give or take. If the top three people on the randomized list each pick a $10 title, that'd be it: three winners. If the top six people each pick a $5 title on the other hand, there would be six winners. Get the idea?

Just a few rules for this giveaway:
  • You must have been a Bay 12 member since at least before August 1st, 2013. No Escaped Lunatics allowed.
  • You must have a Steam account for this giveaway.
  • In order to enter, just post the game you wish for, your Steam community page (a link is preferable), and your favorite gaming moment. Can be anything, but please keep the forum guidelines in mind.
  • The drawing will take place September 1st, 10am PST via random.org.

Good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:27:23 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greenlight Giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »

This is a really super awesome, and unique giveaway. Thanks for holding it!

I'd really love to have La Mulana ($5.10, if including that helps save time at the end), heard about it before and it sounds pretty neat. Link to my profile..

My favorite gamer moment has to be beating Nethack for the first time. I was so excited the entire run of the game, it had been my goal to beat it for quite a while. Sure, my victory might have been a bit cheap, magically genociding the top five scariest species, if I recall, but still, I earned those scrolls, and I was so ecstatic when I finished and ascended. This is closely followed by my 3-heart Cave Story Run, which was also super fun.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:58:51 pm »

Well. Sure!

I'd be after Eador. Community ID page is this, with the neeble removed. Favorite gaming moment... well, there's probably a lot. One of the ones I remember the best, though...

Incursion. Playing a priest/barbarian drow. Late game, climbing across the ceiling because the character had reached the point it was so bloody ridiculous I could. I get grappled by a chuul. Then... then. Then. Still hanging from the ceiling. And grappled. I promptly proceed to beat the chuul to death with my bare hands, while grappled. Character wasn't, like. Unarmed spec'd or anything. Spent most of the game splatting things with a maul, iirc. She just hauled off and beat a crab demon to death while hanging from the ceiling. It was pretty great ♪

Just... the mental image. Of this crazy elf chick hanging off the ceiling punching a crab thing in the face until it dies. It remains beautiful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:09:21 pm »

Thank you for this giveaway. I would like Organ Trail: Director's Cut. Here is my profile.

My favorite moment as a gamer happened on my thirteenth birthday. I had gotten Pokémon Blue the prior Christmas and had asked my mother to get my younger brother Pokémon Red for my birthday so I could have someone to play with and trade Pokémon with. I remember just how happy he was when he was given a red and black Gameboy Pocket and a brand-new copy of Pokémon Red and I remember how happy I was when I saw my little brother's smiling face and when he hugged me. I cherish my brother even if we don't always get along and I'm glad I was able to get him into Pokémon, like how I was able to with Magic: The Gathering.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:08:15 pm »

I am interested in this. I've had my eye on Miasmata for a long time now.
I guess this is my profile?

My favourite gaming moment must be...uh... Pretty much the entirety of Shadow of the Colossus, I guess. I only played through it once, but it sucked me in completely. Just thinking about it brings back the feelings of a beautifully lonely world, insignificance next to things much older and greater than yourself, and, for some reason, the smell of wet stone.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:48 pm »

One of my favorite gaming moments to date had to have been in (heavily modded) Skyrim. I was playing a "cleric", focusing on martial, restoration, and destruction skills. I had been slaughtering some filthy unbelievers bandits that had ambushed me near the peak of a mountain. After pulling my flaming sword from the pile of flesh and cleansing myself of their entrails, I felt the freezing tundra begin to sting at my heart. I turned around saw my horse, stuck with seven arrows and lying still on the ground. The next 15 minutes were amazingly tense as I made my way down the mountainside to a small settlement. I came close to freezing to death, but I had a powerful warmth enchantment on my cloak that I like to think saved me. The soulgem that was used in the enchantment contained the grand soul of some huge grisly I modded in specifically for that.  It might not seem so extraordinary, but you know how it is.. the right music came on in my playlist, the mood was right, etc. I could feel my character quickly freezing to death as I started to slow down, not only in traveling speed, but in combat. After barely surviving a pack of wolves and an ice troll, I pulled myself into an inn and fell into a bed.
Now that I think about it, I've had a lot of great moments in heavily modded Bethesda games. If it's not barely working, you don't have enough mods running.

You're awesome. I'm entering to win Hammerwatch. Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985527386/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 11:52:42 pm »

Oh hey. Assuming no-one else enters, we have ALMOST EXACTLY $30 worth of entries right here. Neato.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 12:04:27 am »

I'm not entering because nothing on the list that I don't have screams must-have, but I wanted to say it's a cool idea for a giveaway. Thanks for your generosity, Sirus!

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 12:06:29 am »

I would like Gnomoria for $2.72

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gruntdonttoot

And my favorite gaming moment has to be either playing Just Cause 2 for the first time, getting the golden key to the end of the ice caves in Spelunky, or finding out about dwarf fortress/ roguelikes in general.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 12:07:30 am »

If I still have a chance I would love to play some La Mulana too, my nick is http://steamcommunity.com/id/pedrousz  :D

NVM, I already bought it after selling some dota 2 item lol :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:09:27 pm by pedrousz »

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:41:29 am »

Thanks a lot! Sign me up for Eador please.

I'm not entirely sure about my absolute favorite gaming moment. But the day I found out about DF was amazing. I just couldn't believe what I was playing, I ended up going to bed at about 5 or 6am and sleeping for 2 hours or something. Another great one was the game Portal in its entirely. I just love that one.

EDIT: Sigh, I forgot to paste my Steam account
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:24:47 am by Nistenf »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 01:38:28 am »

Throwing my hat in the ring for, you guessed it, La-Mulana!

This is me.

My favorite moment... 

Shoes...

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 02:24:33 am »

I'd like to get my hands on Gnomoria, instead of simply playing the demos I can get my hands on.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vikenking/ - Profile page.  I don't know how to mask it with text on here.

My favorite gaming moment... Hm.  SimCity 3000, watching my perfectly build, self-sufficient and very wealthy city being destroyed by an alien invasion I started when I was a kid.  It is one of the first true PC games I ever played.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 02:58:02 am »

I'll enter for Gnomoria. My steam profile is here (and in my sig); I'm Trafalgar on Steam.

I think my most favorite gaming moment would have to go back to Master of Orion 2.

In Master of Orion 2, I used custom races with ground combat bonuses, and to make things harder, would give myself research penalties. I eventually was able to beat the AI using vastly inferior technology and vastly fewer ships, research handicaps and the uncreative penalty, by building fleets composed entirely of ships intended to do nothing more than stay alive long enough to board the enemy ships and capture them. Once I had captured an attacking enemy fleet, I took it home, took it apart, and obtained technology from it, which I used to build better boarding ships, and so on until I was able to go on the offensive and eventually capture essentially every fleet in the galaxy, and (because I took telepathic) mind-control every colonized planet after blowing up their defenses from orbit (usually with their own starbase). The AI didn't seem to know how to deal with having all their ships captured, beyond self-destructing any that got tractor-beamed (which didn't help if I used assault shuttles or transporters, and only the Antarans had the self-destruct-on-capture-most-of-the-time device).

Also, this screenshot I took in Saints Row the Third:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=141569123
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 03:04:57 am »

So uh... Where do I find greenlit games?

I have never browsed that area before so I have no idea where to find them.

EDIT:I'll be joining if I find anything I like and can't obtain because money and they interest me more than the cheaper games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6