Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134748 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3 -
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »

I'm sorry, but I've lost interest in this game. I just can't get myself to play. Replacement.
I really don't want to quit on all of you, but I suppose that finding a replacement is an improvement to me posting as little as I can.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »

I'm sorry, but I've lost interest in this game. I just can't get myself to play. Replacement.
I really don't want to quit on all of you, but I suppose that finding a replacement is an improvement to me posting as little as I can.
NOT. NOW. :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »

And by that I mean post as much as you can DESPITE the replacement label being appended to your face, please! D:

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

As the only original player of this game still alive in play who has not asked (and will not ask) for a replacement - I just want to say I've also not retracted my "just cancel the game, do role flips, open the chats" request.  No winners, no losers - no more secrets or tricks or misunderstandings.  Everyone who learned anything about playing still knows what they learned, no one's at fault.

I -do- love Mafia though.  I'm not a player going 'you've lost me'.  It's just -this game- and various things that have happened.  I'm not as upset as I was, but if I could vote 'game over, no winners, repeat this BM when there are enough signed up players' - that's what I would vote.

Answer's still no, right?  Drat.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2013, 08:37:53 pm »

If both Pufferfish and bsnott don't respond by tomorrow I'll just end the game.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »

BAH.

Not because of my death (which was still silly, you goofs), but because the game is coming to a close like this. It's the home stretch. Stick it out, Squill. I'm as curious as can be about who's who, but I don't want to have the game get dropped. It feels like cheating.
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 18, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

BAH.

Not because of my death (which was still silly, you goofs), but because the game is coming to a close like this. It's the home stretch. Stick it out, Squill. I'm as curious as can be about who's who, but I don't want to have the game get dropped. It feels like cheating.

Wow.  I believe I'm not supposed to talk to you, but wow.  I am -so- glad to know you're still around, Kleril.  You're the dead guy I really want to talk to.  Thanks for letting us know you're still around.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

It's not that I don't want to finish this game it's just. It's been more of a hassle than a game really. I'm sure I would have loved it a lot more if I came into it from the start. I can try to keep playing if you want but this game takes a lot more out of me than I feel a game should.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 18, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »

I'd thought we were finished by now. Looks like the extends have continued. Well, Imp, I'm back and playing. Like I stated previously, my main reason for voting Pufferfish was because he was on the top of the list for scum-hunting.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3 - ONE REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #534 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:41 pm »

bsnott!

You've been ignoring/not answering a good many questions from a good many people and I'm only one of those.  My main questions to you, -repeated questions- have been how far your readthrough of the game has gotten and how deeply you feel you understand what you have read.

Arglebargle*quash*frustration Why do usually not answer questions?

Go through the thread since you joined and count all the questions you haven't answered!  Do better than count them - Answer them too!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 18, 2013, 09:40:30 pm »

Okay then, you win. Am I allowed to retract replacement request?
If so, then tomorrow I will catch up with that last page that I haven't really looked at, and hopefully start to post regularly again.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

Y'know, the best example in reality of 'MAKE SURE YOU CAN HANDLE {X}' is the BM. People vanish. People disappear. If I'm running the next thing, I'll just make the mafia into some kind of evil-evil abduction ring.

BAH.

Wow.  I believe I'm not supposed to talk to you, but wow.  I am -so- glad to know you're still around, Kleril.  You're the dead guy I really want to talk to.  Thanks for letting us know you're still around.
>_>
<_<
Same.
*high-fives.

If both Pufferfish and bsnott don't respond by tomorrow I'll just end the game.
Bloody hell that.

Shorten. I am NOT seeing this thing crash and burn because of one (puff seems busy and/or active lurking and I'm blatantly accusing him here.) player who just replaced in with..well. That.

Re-read-edit:
I'd thought we were finished by now. Looks like the extends have continued. Well, Imp, I'm back and playing. Like I stated previously, my main reason for voting Pufferfish was because he was on the top of the list for scum-hunting.
WHAT
WHAT D:<
Is it that I fail as an IC SO hard that...nothing else matters?
And what does that equal? That's just you saying 'He's my top suspect', paraphrased as your reason. What is the context or reason BEHIND that "reason".

Cause all that exists is a bus-situation as far as I see.

ALSO, you've a LOT to read. You just gave this up?

Bsnott for secondary scumpick.[/brevity] How do you rationalize my statements here, Bsnott?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #537 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

Day ends to Tuesday November 19th 9 PM PST. ~26 hours from this post

Imp - Pufferfish
squill -
bsnott -
Pufferfish - bsnott, Tiruin, Imp
Tiruin -

Not voting - squill

0 to extend, 2 needed
1 to shorten, 3 needed
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 18, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »

Oh, also if Puff ends up scum, then by relation my theory on Imp being town is true given the state of votes right now at this crucial moment.

Is there anything I'm lacking to address here?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »

Ehh, there's a few things I'd like to cover but without interactive involvement from Squill and bsnott I'm shooting in the dark.

Tiruin, hope you know that on my list of grievances this game, 'How Tiruin acted as an IC (or as a player)' doesn't number among them.  My plaint's about the need for consistent rules enforcement, primarily.

However, since my second 'explosion' about it, the rules and the 'standards' of the game -have- been very consistently and fairly enforced.  *deep nod to zombie urist*  Thank you.

I -had- said that I'd take any unagreed upon shortens as a sure sign of scummitude, but I'm going to excuse Tiruin's from that assumption.

I am not joining her in voting shorten.  I might not be able to get any deeper feel of any players than what I have right now, but we have Squill at least currently saying 'tomorrow I read and post'.

If I'm to keep playing to my wincon, I need to try to figure out who I do and don't think is Scum.  Playing to my wincon is BIG to me.  Ahem, -I- am not in this BM to learn.  Learning is a given, I'd learn no matter what Mafia game I joined.  I am here to win and I was here to win the moment I inned.

If I'm to get out of this game, because the game is canceled - my wincon's not violated, it's obliterated.  It's gone, I'm free, no fault or blame.  Game 'went bad', I have 'permission' to stop playing.

If I'm to get out of this game, because it is pushed to an end, any end - my wincon's probably getting not going to happen -and if pushing to a fast end is my focus then I'm not playing to my wincon.  I can't do that.  I can look there, then I have to close that door.  I -can't- do that.  In a sense games are sacred to me.  I can change how I play, especially for the better - but I don't break the game's core precepts unless I've realized that there's an entire new way to play that doesn't 'break the game' even if it looks terribly wrong to others.  That doesn't apply here either.

I can also walk away from games I'm done with, 'wincon' be darned, I have stopped caring - game ended for me already, no matter how unfinished it seems to anyone else.  But I am definitely not done with Mafia, and that's not happening here.

So I -can't- support a shorten.  Shortens -hurt my wincon-.  I don't believe Town loses this N (but if it does - that's actually an acceptable loss to me.  If Rolepgeek isn't actually Scum - I'm ready to accept losing) but I know we need to lynch Scum tomorrow too.

And yeah, I would see the game stopped before I'd step down and say, "Alright, I guess I give up, alright, defeat me cause I accept that I lose.'  It's one thing for my best possible play to lose.  It's another for everyone to rush to an end that would probably cause a loss.

Grrrrrr.  Alright, I'm done venting.  But I have nothing more to say until I have answers from Squill/bsnott.

If they have no answers I guess I've done my best already, and I'm ready to move to the next Night.  But it's not for -me- to say they've no further answers to give.  And Squill at least has said he was going to post.  I wonder if that post will contain answers or dodges.  And if dodges are the answers.  But really.  Grrrrrr.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44