Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Things you wish existed  (Read 6676 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish existed
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »

^ My toned biceps because seriously

Naw man, but maybe something that tastes like cooked pineapple but is about the size of an apple?  That would be chill.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »

I want to live forever. I'd be fine with that, really. Absolutely fine. People say "but wouldn't you miss your family and friends, and everyone will die, and bleh", but me being dead doesn't solve that. People are supposed move on after all.

Oh and I guess permanent source of money. Enough to let me live comfortably, but allowing me to work to make more.

My girlfriend.

/RequiredForeverAloneSuggestion

Jet Packs and long-fall boots.
Girlfriend yes. And most things from the Portal-verse. The Portal gun, long-fall boots, etc. Gravity gun would be good too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 07:29:43 pm »

I want to live forever. I'd be fine with that, really. Absolutely fine. People say "but wouldn't you miss your family and friends, and everyone will die, and bleh", but me being dead doesn't solve that. People are supposed move on after all.
Immortality dependent on my own desire to continue living would be pretty nice. Can't forget the self-termination clause, even if it opens the door for accidental deaths.

I would like a side order of adaptive simulation that's difficult - but not impossible - to distinguish from reality, which I can control/choose before entering, and be able to leave at will, to go with my immortality.

Failing that, I want doctor/surgeon bots and organ printers to be ubiquitous. Superior healthcare for all!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 08:22:29 pm »

Molecular Assembly technology. Something that could synthesize complex matter from raw elements and specifications. Like a Star Trek Replicator, or a 3D Printer for anything.

It would solve most of the problems related to need; we could replicate food, tools, functional organs, medications, chemical compounds, intricate machines, etc. from recycled waste matter. It would mark the beginning of a post-scarcity world... and I would really like to see that happen.

Hell, even just the ability to synthesize nutritious food from raw chemicals would be a great first step in solving the problem of scarcity. If I could see that in my lifetime, I'd be happy.

EDIT: Oh. And Fusion. That'd help both with ending the need for fuels, and with synthesizing heavier elements for use in the above Molecular Assembly technology. If I could get a 2-for-1, that would be it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:24:38 pm by Solifuge »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »

Glow-globes, from Dune. Tiny lightbulbs that float in the air indefinitely once activated. No more messing around with flashlights when you need to fix something in a tight place.

A computer keyboard that doesn't get crumbs underneath the key caps.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 08:29:38 pm »

I want a drug that brings on a sense of wellbeing with no long-term physiological or psychological effects.
Corner the market.
Profit so hard.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 08:30:46 pm »

A toilet that doesn't clog.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

...Molecular Assembler could build you one of those. It could even build it out of carbon, repurposed from the stuff clogging your toilet, for Max Irony.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »

...Molecular Assembler could build you one of those. It could even build it out of carbon, repurposed from the stuff clogging your toilet, for Max Irony.

I will withhold all frivolous spendings from hereon, saving maximum money for the future where this is possible.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 09:58:23 pm »

Magic. Storybook land, anime style magic. I don't care if it involves giving up your very soul to the devil, such a thing would be the stuff of my dreams. It's one of those things that I never really stopped wanting ever since childhood, even if it is a bit of a childish wish. Fireballs, ice coming out of people's hands, you know. And with it, a setting shift of the world into simple, rural farmer life like in the stories, too.

Alternatively, the ability to be born again in the Roman times, in Rome. That'd be a pretty neat period to live in, I'd think.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 10:01:55 pm »

Mind conditioning that lets you willingly enter a half-conscious survival mode whenever you hear terrible music or when advertisements come on the TV. It's over in an instant and you don't remember anything, but on the outside you just went quiet for a few minutes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 11:42:54 pm »

The ability to enter my own imagination (like lucid dreaming).

Also the ability to share thoughts with people directly. For example communicating an idea directly through the mind, or multiple people walking around in someones dreamed-up world.

Actually I dont know how safe I would be with such a thing. I would probably never live in the real world...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 11:59:24 pm »

An XBOX 360 with multiple disk trays. Like a jukebox.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

After reading this, I notice that my life is pretty chill.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 12:12:47 am »

After reading this, I notice that my life is pretty chill.

Am I insane, or did you flip your avatar to the other side?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6