Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259117 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2595 on: November 29, 2013, 04:20:34 pm »

wench blood with naga flesh

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 29, 2013, 04:22:36 pm »

Magic Crystal, robes, flesh of the daughter.  This time we do the sacrifice.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 29, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »

Anyway, let's make some standard cogs to flesh out our troops. We'll be engaging soon, and numbers are important if we don't want to throw children into the line of fire.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 29, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

I don't know, how about a sacrifice of a bottle of liquor(preferably tequila) a sword and some of our blood.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 29, 2013, 05:10:19 pm »

Can we quit it with Cerulean's flesh for now? Not everything has to be evil.
How about we go for a sword, our blood, medieval or modern armour, and a magic crystal. 
Standard cogs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:13:17 pm by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 29, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »

Can we quit it with Cerulean's flesh for now? Not everything has to be evil.
How about we go for a sword, our blood, medieval or modern armour, and a magic crystal. If not that then:

Sure, reasonable compromise.

But I still would like a wizard sort.

Some steel, magic crystal, our blood.  We do the summoning.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 29, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »

+1, fair enough, compromise will probably damn us both to not getting what we want though (Edit:in future, am aware this compromise is highly favorable for me), fine if you would rather use robes instead of steel.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:19:16 pm by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »

+1, fair enough, compromise will probably damn us both to not getting what we want though, fine if you would rather use robes instead of steel.
You're going for a warrior of some sort, right?  I didn't specify a weapon, but magic crystal might work as one, a magical warrior of sorts?  I'm willing to wait another downkeep for the wizard, but 'steel' might give us the strength of armor and weapons you wanted by saccing armor and sword, with a magic crystal flavor.  Maybe.

Considering steel, if we add robes I'd actually like to 'add' robes, not replace steel with them.  Cause steel ;p

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 29, 2013, 05:34:00 pm »

Hahahahahahaha, yes! We can make *cogs*! Now, all those cops with their buddy systems and guns shall fight us! AS! EQUALS!

+1

Build assault cogs with delicious +2.25 bonus each.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait, do all cogs get the bonus or only some?
EDIT 2: Yes, they do.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:43:41 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 29, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »

Yeah a warrior of sorts, the very best ideally it would be a magic armour/weapon  or a magic knight, warrior or soldier of sorts. But those are dreams, more realistically I'm looking for a any type of warrior that is somewhat magical in some way. Fine with whatever you want to add or replace, already been rather generous about waiting another turn for the long awaited mage.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 29, 2013, 05:44:22 pm »

Yeah a warrior of sorts, the very best ideally it would be a magic armour/weapon  or a magic knight, warrior or soldier of sorts. But those are dreams, more realistically I'm looking for a any type of warrior that is somewhat magical in some way. Fine with whatever you want to add or replace, already been rather generous about waiting another turn for the long awaited mage.

Nah, I technically got what I asked for last turn - we just failed the control roll was all.

It remains to be seen what happens with steel, magic crystal, and our blood - but I strongly suspect it 1) has something to do with magic, 2) will be tough, 3) can fight.

So it'll probably be acceptable - and with us doing the summoning.... I suspect we can control it.  Though the dice do have ones to throw still....

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 29, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »

I would immediately looking at just the steel and crystal think golem which could be useful but I don't know what the blood might add.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 29, 2013, 05:48:24 pm »

Our blood, when used last time, has summoned a slver golem bearing the insignia of our former hero self that got stronger as it cannibalised fallen cogs.

EDIT again: How many normal cogs can we build per turn? If we can build more than 6 normal cogs, then we should do so, if not, stick with the assault cogs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:53:25 pm by Knit tie »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:25 pm »

I would immediately looking at just the steel and crystal think golem which could be useful but I don't know what the blood might add.
According to shade - if I remember it right - blood adds the [ALIVE]/[NOT_UNDEAD] tag. So yeah, without should get us a golem / "not-really-living-armour". Which does not sound bad. +1 either way.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 29, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »

According to shade - if I remember it right - blood adds the [ALIVE]/[NOT_UNDEAD] tag. So yeah, without should get us a golem / "not-really-living-armour". Which does not sound bad. +1 either way.

Our blood, when used last time, has summoned a slver golem bearing the insignia of our former hero self that got stronger as it cannibalised fallen cogs.

EDIT again: How many normal cogs can we build per turn? If we can build more than 6 normal cogs, then we should do so, if not, stick with the assault cogs.
Considering what our blood's in part gotten before (I haven't dug back to verify what Knit tie referenced) -

Our blood's made something that wasn't strictly 'alive', though that silver golem wasn't exactly undead either.

But I think we might well get nice results.  That's the main thing I'm going for.

+1 to whichever the top cog making vote is - I want cogs made but I don't get really interested in any cogs but Splinter and Gamington as yet (I'm a summoner/mutator interested player ;p)

How's about we set up catching some live fish/fishtanks set up throughout lair and consider upgrading the lair with a 'fast mutation' emergency switch?  Unsure how useful that will be in the 'heat of the moment' (some of the mutations take hours to finish, like our newest advisor's did) but for the rest - having a few hundred+ new mutants for any invaders to have to deal with might be useful, and we won't have to deal with any side effects of having a few hundred+ mutants around all the time (fish are easier to feed and clean?)

+1 to Gamington and 'his girl' going into the training grounds.

Umm.  Oh yeah!  Fluff :D  What's our newest advisor up to?  And what's Splintercog, Psisquid, and Cerulean doing? How are the new additions continuing to settle in?  What's our lair feel like as we move through it?  And we need to scratch at least one catfish's chin, there's luck that comes from that and the catfish surely like it too!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 213