Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259472 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1680 on: October 30, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »

How about we sacrifice the staff we made for Cerulean instead of a simple crystal?

It was made with love and represents her control over her pain.

My only worry about that one (I know you shifted your suggestion already) is that's what the staff means to the Overlord, sure.  But he also knows it's replaceable - he made it, can make another.  Quite easily.  it also may mean her future to us... it may also mean that to her.  For sure Power, maybe Freedom.... likely frustration.... that's not easier to control either.

Put those three items together, the symbology speaks very clearly for something of great wizard-like, priest-like, psionist-like magic-like power.  Tons of emotional energy to make it super powerful.

My only fear is that we're going to summon something we have no chance of controlling, something so strong it's got a natural +25 or something for 'being hard to control'.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 30, 2013, 08:22:46 pm »

Huh. Maybe we can get Cerulean to cheer up by assigning this magic monster we might get to be her teacher?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:17 pm »

Well isn't this the staff she wanted but we wouldn't let her have?
If we have gave it to her then we are taking away a symbol of her success or acceptance or our faith in her.
If we haven't gave it to her yet then it is a goal she is striving for, to gain the staff and with it knowledge that we have faith in her abilities, taking that goal away may do more damage than good for her.
Then again I don't remember the staff that well or the circumstances around it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 30, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »

As said, we can make another staff. It's just that it is more associated with controlled power (a crystal is encased in a frame, plus we made it with the intention to give it to Cerulean when she learns self-control) than the unrefined crystal and also has the connotation of our love for our daughter.

It is probably a safer choice than just a simple crystal, which is why I am suggesting it instead.

And really, we can't just constantly fret indecisively over the potential danger of summoning, like the American Congress would! We have done more rakish things in the past - rescuing Cerulean and assaulting the orphanage, anyone? And besides, Psysquid has defeated hell!Mauve already, despite her being stat-wise more hardcore than Knighthowl! If we bring all three of our Dark Advisors into the summoning room, or even just near it, and as many cogs as we can, we are very likely to be able to contain the demonic incursion should the worst come to bear.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:49 pm »

Well isn't this the staff she wanted but we wouldn't let her have?
If we have gave it to her then we are taking away a symbol of her success or acceptance or our faith in her.
If we haven't gave it to her yet then it is a goal she is striving for, to gain the staff and with it knowledge that we have faith in her abilities, taking that goal away may do more damage than good for her.
Then again I don't remember the staff that well or the circumstances around it.

We made a staff to give her as a symbol of her 'leveling-up' to dark advisor. Turns out she was not ready yet, so we kept it. We are still keeping it until the day when she's ready to become a dark advisor.
Sacrificing it in front of her would probably hurt her feelings, knowing we had that all the time but never gave it to her, so we basically don't trust her (that would be my understanding if I where her).
Giving it to her will turn her into a dark advisor, which she's totally not ready yet seeing just how she despise humanity.

Forget about the staff at all. Put some other thing in the mix to represent happiness, we've got too much negative emotions in there. But not the staff.
It's hard to define what would represent happiness since looking back she's never really happy, content at most. her only happiness token I can remember is the succubus plushie, and that has already been sacrificed to bring forth SilGoo.

Edit: Whatever you do, build more units first.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 30, 2013, 08:51:56 pm »

Well, Cerulean likes her adoptive family, so perhaps our own blood instead of the staff or crystal?

That's what Shadenight suggested, actually.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 30, 2013, 09:01:47 pm »

Hm. Actually, a bit of our blood mixed with hers, Chemista's, Psysquid's and the rest? Symbolising family?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 30, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »

Put some other thing in the mix to represent happiness, we've got too much negative emotions in there. But not the staff.
It's hard to define what would represent happiness since looking back she's never really happy, content at most. her only happiness token I can remember is the succubus plushie, and that has already been sacrificed to bring forth SilGoo.
Well, Cerulean likes her adoptive family, so perhaps our own blood instead of the staff or crystal?

That's what Shadenight suggested, actually.

I'm fine with our blood!  Blood (sweat) and tears, that's another well known combination.

I'm not sure that this summoning would be benefitted much by the addition of 'happiness'.

What I hope it sees added to it is 'control-ability', specifically a handle that will increase the odds that we can successfully bind it.

Far as happy goes - she enjoyed Lionel.  There's bitter in that sweet because of his loss - and that's exactly the sort of happy I'd most like to see added.  That doesn't clash with the overall emotional tone, it supports and adds to it.  Clashes tend to weaken but I believe Lionel's meaning to her, good and bad, adds a very ideal flavor.

Best of all, Lionel was created because of us, essentially 'by' us - by one under our control assuredly.  Cerulean and we controlled Lionel easily.  There's already a lot of symbology about us controlling and leading monsters - Lionel was a monster, however weak a one he was.  Instead of facing a +25 difficulty to control this summoned thingy, we might be facing only a +12 difficulty, because of the addition of Lionel, or a Lionel-remembrance thingy (any object that was used for or by Lionel a lot and 'makes you think of Lionel when you see it').

Tears of a goo girl, cried over her lost monster; corpse of that monster; robe worn by the killer of that monster; blood of power; plus all the other emotional things that the robe/Mauve means to Cerulean and all the other things she has to cry about...

I see a heck of a lot of power in this, controllable power.  However, I do admit it doesn't look like mage anymore.

I think this sacrifice might just give us something very much like Lionel in physical form again, however with changed and vastly increased powers.  Perhaps lower in power than an ubermage (which maybe cannot be controlled - if not, that's a waste and a danger to us), but I don't think much lower - and I believe we could control this summons unless we got terrible rolls.

Hm. Actually, a bit of our blood mixed with hers, Chemista's, Psysquid's and the rest? Symbolising family?

Add in Blood, a SMALL AMOUNT ONLY, a -token- amount only!, from us, plus others we -control-....  Sure, it does symbolize family, and if it's a very small amount, I expect it won't change what's coming too much.  It symbolizes control too.  I'm quite aright with this.  As far as blood goes, though, barely more from us than from any other family member.  We are supposed to be in control.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 30, 2013, 09:14:17 pm »

Okay, fine, demagogue, instead of a magical crystal we should sacrifice whatever the hell is left of liondor.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 30, 2013, 09:14:49 pm »

Hm. So.
Tears: sorrow
Corpse: death/physicality/rebirth
Robe: murder/vengeance/justice
Mixed Blood: loyalty/control/family

That sound about right?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 30, 2013, 09:24:19 pm »

Okay, fine, demagogue, instead of a magical crystal we should sacrifice whatever the hell is left of liondor.

Aww *displays big puppy-dog eyes, still intact in the unharmed puppy*  Am I being that illogical?

Hm. So.
Tears: sorrow
Corpse: death/physicality/rebirth
Robe: murder/vengeance/justice
Mixed Blood: loyalty/control/family

That sound about right?

Yes.  There's also meanings of rage/fear/emotional agony/desperation/power/fanaticism throughout those objects, but that's almost purely from Cerulean's emotional tone, opinions, and values and the circumstances surrounding the sources of those objects.  The combination seems controllable to me, high powered, and useful.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 30, 2013, 09:27:34 pm »

I would remove the corpse and replace it with a couple of Lionel's feathers; less feedback from the death and more from Cerulean's emotions.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 30, 2013, 09:29:19 pm »

Seems like I missed a point - What corpse are we sacrificing again?
I am happy with this argumentation and support the result we're getting to.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:04 pm »

I would remove the corpse and replace it with a couple of Lionel's feathers; less feedback from the death and more from Cerulean's emotions.
+1.  Anything clearly and directly symbolizing Lionel himself, Lionel's connection and meaning to Cerulean, and having few or no additional meanings has my support.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 30, 2013, 09:40:45 pm »

Okay, I'm casting my vote.
+1 to sacrifice:
 Tears, robes, reminder of Lionel, small amount of our own blood.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 213